PDA

View Full Version : PS3 BlueRay problems....

maddenwarrior
01-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Anyone else have ongoing problems with the BlueRay lazer in the ps3 mine has went out twice now for no apparent reason, I havent heard of any recalls or anything so I figured I would see if any of you guys have had this problem??

thedeparted
01-31-2010, 10:06 PM
If your a smoker/smoking in your house. It might be dirty. I remember when mine acted funny and wouldn't read any games, took it apart and swobbed the lens with a white earcleaner and it turned brown cause it was so dirty. If you go this route of self clean, be careful. My family ended up pulling a wire that was required for insert/excert of the bd drive.

maddenwarrior
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM
If your a smoker/smoking in your house. It might be dirty. I remember when mine acted funny and wouldn't read any games, took it apart and swobbed the lens with a white earcleaner and it turned brown cause it was so dirty. If you go this route of self clean, be careful. My family ended up pulling a wire that was required for insert/excert of the bd drive.

I tried cleaning it the best I could without taking it apart, so I don't screw the chance up of trying to get the factory warranty to take care of it, However mine still plays a game fine and regular dvd's will even play but a BlueRay disk will not....

Freemymind93
02-01-2010, 07:07 PM
I haven't had any problem with mine but i dont have blue ray dvds so idk but sounds like something you should get some help with

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-03-2010, 05:35 AM
I have had zero issues with playing blueray's in my PS3 though we do have a separate blueray player connected to the same tv so the work load is split between the two. No issues with reading games yet either. *Knock on wood*