PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

ShreadOfWheat
08-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Post your pet peeves here. Mine are:

1.) Usage of the words Noob, and bling.

2.) Sentences that take out letters of words or put numbers in to replace letters to make the same sound (ex: wat, m8, etc.)

LiNuX
08-19-2006, 09:18 PM
"NOOBs" thinking that they are better than the other guy!

Bullets not registering in CS when u want them too

ShreadOfWheat
08-19-2006, 09:19 PM
I hate you...

Twigz
08-20-2006, 01:53 PM
1) Someone asking me a stupid question or giving me a stupid answer

2) Yelling

3) Noise all together

Wang
08-20-2006, 11:07 PM
[quote] "NOOBs" thinking that they are better than the other guy!

That is so you. ;D

LiNuX
08-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Really? lol, i pwn u with lag wang, although i have to admit that u can kill me "sometimes" and i dont play on ice2k so much anymore, all aztec, cpl_mill, cpl_fire, cpl_strike, and d2

ShreadOfWheat
08-26-2006, 08:48 PM
The word "Odd" because it is a three letter word with two constantents in front of eahcother. it looks and sounds annoying and drives me nuts!!!!

XnewxskinX
05-05-2012, 10:20 AM
People who don't know how to use a search engine, or ask someone else to look it up/for the answer... Helpless ****s!

thedeparted
05-05-2012, 10:46 AM
People that bump old ass threads for no good reason. Nearly dead 6 years lol. Why man, why?

XnewxskinX
05-05-2012, 10:55 AM
People who post stupid responses... Why man, why? Because I didn't want to start a new thread... And don't call me man... Thanksssss.

thedeparted
05-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Why lady, why?

paecmaker
05-05-2012, 11:15 AM
people making thread names I dont understand....????

thedeparted
05-05-2012, 11:19 AM
people making thread names I dont understand....????

pet peeve is basically a saying that means something that you find annoying.

paecmaker
05-05-2012, 11:38 AM
pet peeve is basically a saying that means something that you find annoying.

ok thanks.

So what do I find annoying.....well.

Pointless facebook messages like, "eating" and other things no one cares about anyway, yet still they got several likes. :/

Also I am a bit annoyed that Justin Bieber is ALWAYS mentioned in any music video(in the commentaries) on youtube.

CraeSC111
05-05-2012, 01:31 PM
When people say things and think I care about what they say.
When people don't know what they are talking about.
people who argue they are right on something they are obviously wrong on (in the context of math or stuff that has a definite answer)
People who don't like rich people
People who continuously use the race card
People who don't know anything about computers (that is people who should know)
Pointless arguing on the internet (Especially trolls, they make me laugh)
When people move my stuff without asking
People who use internet slang, like IMO LOL or BRB, outside of the internet
etc

TheMangler187
05-06-2012, 11:02 AM
People who stare at me whilst I eat, or ask me "Is it good?" as soon as I put the food in my mouth.

Internet slang outside of the internet is also pretty annoying. One time I overheard a guy say he liked "COD". Seriously, there's sounding like a nerd, then there's sounding like... I don't know. Something else. Seriously, imagine if people starting calling Zelda "TLOZ" in real life.

And stuff.

Also, nice comeback thedeparted, haha.

paecmaker
05-06-2012, 12:24 PM
"COD". Seriously, there's sounding like a nerd, then there's sounding like...

Also, nice comeback thedeparted, haha.

lol, I always say cod, mostly because its so known. :p

however I do say "modern warfare", I know others who only say say mw(3) outside the internet.

TheMangler187
05-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Haha, well no offense to you or anything. But the guy I was talking about earlier sounded kinda dumb, especially since Cod is the name of a very common fish (there's actually a giant statue of one in the town he was in) in Australia, and it just didn't sound right at all when he said it :p

egg-whites333
05-07-2012, 10:14 PM
I say cod, mw3, mw2, cod 4. I have said b.o (once)
i would say mine would be when people try to insult you in ways that dont make sense (today i told someone that a photo they were looking at was photo shopped and this is there exact words get ready "well sorry i cant tell that it is photo shopped im not a computer hacker like you...) i mean wtf

norid
05-07-2012, 10:37 PM
All the flippin "like this if..." on facebook

EpsilonX
05-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Pet peeves...

The most relevant would be somebody who complains about somebody else reviving a dead topic...I don't see any problem with it, as long as it's not spam. This person just saw a topic that could be added to and did so. Anyways...like i'm not trying to call anybody out here, but whenever i see that on a forum it peeves me.

Anyways...
When people say "alot"
When people say they "gauge their ears"
When people call any type of music with any sort of harsh vocals "screamo"
When people wear mismatched socks

norid
05-07-2012, 11:42 PM
"Alot" irks me as well. When people do not properly pronounce the words I get anal.

ROFLBRYCE
05-07-2012, 11:46 PM
\
When people say they "gauge their ears"
What would you call it? Just curious, I call it gauging myself. And plan on doing that when my ears are healed, lol.

When people wear mismatched socks
Not cool man. I threw one black sock and one white one in each hamper, it was just a misunderstanding :(

Pet peeves:
-Arguing even though you've lost a debate/argument
-Chewing with mouths open
-People who think they are above you or another person, just because they are themselves and that's that
-People who post on Facebook "Omg problems" etc. and when someone goes to talk to them it's "Stay out of my business, it's private!"

I'm sure I have many more but can't think of any at the moment

XnewxskinX
05-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Well I am glad reviving this wasn't in vain... I was really upset when I revived this lol...

Pet peeves:
Stupid people - No brainer...
Helpless people - You don't know how to use the internet to search 'what happens if my cat eats raisins?' I guess this might fall under...
Lazy people - No I am not going to do that for you... Your legs (or whatever body part it requires) aren't broke.
Posts on facebook that say like this if, or like this is 10 seconds if... - No thanks.
Trolls - Just annoying.
People who post how 'rough' their day/life is on facebook and then when asked say "I don't want to talk about it" - Then don't post it...
People who don't have kids, but feel free to tell me how to raise mine... - I am doing a great job, thank you very much... But when you have kids feel free to take your own advice and tell me how that works out for you.
People who fight over the internet - I guess this could fall under trolls also... But come on it doesn't matter what you say... The person you are trying to dis/prove a point to more then likely doesn't care...
People who comment first - Who cares?! I am post 1609 and you don't see me proclaiming it!
Grammar nazi's. - I guess to an extent. I am not perfect with my grammar by all means but I don't need 20 people correcting an auto correct mistake, nor do I need to read 20 peoples corrections on a post.
People who just plain out cannot spell... - I have a few facebook friends I have to take my decoder ring out just to decipher what they posted...
People who don't know the different spellings of words and their meanings. - Your, You're. There, Their, They're. Plain, Plane... And so on...
People who type shorthand - Y u no go to the sk8 prk? What??? Are you that lazy you cannot type a couple extra letters (and if it is a text and someone is driving I don't get upset, considering it is illegal to text and drive... So please shorthand the **** out of it... Or just call me)

There is more but eh... I guess just people in general annoy me...

Exentenzed
05-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Unnecessary drama...

Jaykub
05-10-2012, 09:29 AM
XnewxskinX, It's not normal to bump a thread that is 6 years old so don't take offense when someone says something about it to you. Drama is a no-no.

XnewxskinX
05-14-2012, 04:07 PM
I would rather bump a 6 year old thread then get *****ed at because there is already a thread about the same subject...

thedeparted
05-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I would rather bump a 6 year old thread then get *****ed at because there is already a thread about the same subject...

You would not. The time you would get that is if there is similar topics made recently. Like say for instance if people started making a lot of D3 topics that are very similar.

XnewxskinX
05-15-2012, 03:01 PM
You would not. The time you would get that is if there is similar topics made recently. Like say for instance if people started making a lot of D3 topics that are very similar.

What? And if that is the case then I will throw what I thought was proper forum etiquette out the window and post whatever I want.[COLOR="Silver"]

Synge
05-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Pet peeves:
-Arguing even though you've lost a debate/argument
-Chewing with mouths open
-People who think they are above you or another person, just because they are themselves and that's that
-People who post on Facebook "Omg problems" etc. and when someone goes to talk to them it's "Stay out of my business, it's private!"

Would have to agree with these, specifically number three, which leads me to:

Anything to do with my mom's boyfriend. I have never hated anyone more than I hate that ****ing prick. Don't even talk to my mom anymore because of him, don't suspect I ever will so long as she's with him.