PDA

View Full Version : New Halo Game ?

Blackleo
02-08-2010, 10:18 PM
I ran across this video a while back, read something online aboot it so I youtube it. Enjoy ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ez7iNjoVg

LiNuX
02-08-2010, 10:49 PM
game is popular so I'm sure the name and game will live on for a very long time.

Subb
02-08-2010, 10:53 PM
i dont think halo will every die. it will live beyond xbox360

Blackleo
02-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I am not a HALO fan but this trailer makes me want to get the damn game ! lol

thedeparted
02-09-2010, 02:30 AM
i dont think halo will every die. it will live beyond xbox360

It'll die when Microsoft says it dies. Which will be never because it's one of there few remaining non-3rd party killer apps. Unless Forza turns around and Project Gotham turns it around sales wise. They do have Fable still though

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-09-2010, 02:45 AM
It'll die when Microsoft says it dies. Which will be never because it's one of there few remaining non-3rd party killer apps. Unless Forza turns around and Project Gotham turns it around sales wise. They do have Fable still though

I would not be surprised if the halo series slowed down for a while after Halo Reach. I guess what it really depends on is if Bungie start pumping out their own new IP's or not. I will say any "Halo" game Bungie isn't a part of doesn't spark my interest much.

jango
02-09-2010, 04:25 AM
I am not a HALO fan but this trailer makes me want to get the damn game ! lol

I'm pretty much the same as Leo tbh .. however, if it means more 'Red vs Blue' movies in the future then long may it live tbh

HamadaLFC8
02-09-2010, 09:02 AM
God bless Bungie <3 xD

Kenoi
02-09-2010, 12:15 PM
wow.. this is... the 4th one?
or.... a branch off like ODST?

BobTD
02-09-2010, 03:21 PM
I would not be surprised if the halo series slowed down for a while after Halo Reach. I guess what it really depends on is if Bungie start pumping out their own new IP's or not. I will say any "Halo" game Bungie isn't a part of doesn't spark my interest much.

True that. And we all know reach was lost. Anyone remotely a fan of storyline would at least. People who like the Halo storyline (personally I'm very critical of it) and have read the books will probably wonder why Halo: Reach the book didnt have the crazy new Spartan power armor on the cover of gameinformer:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2625/coverart.png

So I guess my thoughts are the storyline just isnt going to sell the game this time. Not after the big letdown with ODSTs campaign (took like 2 hours for me and my brother to co-op it on legendary).

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-10-2010, 01:57 AM
wow.. this is... the 4th one?
or.... a branch off like ODST?

This will be a prequel to the Halo series. It follows a squad of Spartan's on the planet Reach.

Kenoi
02-10-2010, 06:03 PM
I see, thanks for explaining frank

youthism_is_me
02-11-2010, 01:14 PM
This will be a prequel to the Halo series. It follows a squad of Spartan's on the planet Reach.

it will be the sad story of how master cheif was drafted from working at a fast food chain or something like that

Morticia
02-11-2010, 01:35 PM
it will be the sad story of how master cheif was drafted from working at a fast food chain or something like that

Seriously? Do you even know the back story of Halo? If not, don't talk crap.. Actually don't talk crap either way, the story is epic and deserve a little more respect than a lame joke like than.

/sigh.

jango
02-11-2010, 07:10 PM
btw all .. beta test date for this has been announced .. check it out (http://www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php?topic=181.0)

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Seriously? Do you even know the back story of Halo? If not, don't talk crap.. Actually don't talk crap either way, the story is epic and deserve a little more respect than a lame joke like than.

/sigh.

I totally agree with you Morticia. Youth to be honest I feel like most of the time you post just to post and not because you have anything worth saying. Posting spam in the spammers corner is ok but what your doing doesn't seem constructive to me.

On topic the G4TV website has a very interesting sum up of what was released at X10 about Reach. Check it out here. (http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/61984/halo-reach/articles/69943/X10-Report-Halo-Reach/)

BobTD
02-13-2010, 05:30 PM

/sigh.

Not disagreeing with you or trying to start an argument here. ^^

I know the back story to halo, I read the books and even played Halo Wars just for the story. But I don't think it was all that great. It had its moments and its worth playing to some degree, but I have been sickened by the amount of fanboyism I have seen from people who refuse to play anything else and assume its the best thing ever made. =P

If I had to respectfully dissect the game I would find very little wrong with gameplay. But concept wise its very unoriginal.. unimaginative maybe? I dunno this is whats bothering me:

Marathon was Bungies first big hit. You will notice the first Halo started out very much in the same spot, you defending a starship from alien invaders. AI interaction blah blah blah. Nothing wrong with sticking with what works. Now toss in the Halo ring, actually pretty cool. But this is where they ran out of original ideas. Especially the ending to that whole forrunner idea (battlestar galactic almost did the same thing).

They don't even have very unique looking armor for their main character:

Starship trooper tabletop game
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/111/bugsf.png

cgi
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/2108/cgi.png

Halo armor:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4481/haloarmor.png

Mind you Im a huge nerd about some things so I was familiar with the trifecta of sci-fi here, Starship tpoopers had an extra race of aliens nicknamed "skinnies" that filled the role much like starcraft had the Terran, Zerg, and Protoss. So you have:

Humans
Aliens
Swam race

Now given this chance to flesh out their new world, and create something new, they actually pretty much copy pasted Half life's zombies:

Head humping aliens that turn you into zombies? How common could that be?!
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9089/halflife.png

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8926/floodui.png

They are much more plant like, but playing the game for the first time, having already been there don't that I was highly critical for the duration of the series.

And having a stoic main character with almost zero personality be explained by the storyline doesn't make a silent protagonist any more new or refreshing. Actually, I pretty much gave up on the future of the storyline and figured they would kill almost everyone and cryo freeze the rest and launch them into space and I was pretty damn close! =P (maybe master chief and the Spirit of Fire crew will bump into each other, because they didn't make it back or ONI would have known about the flood)

*Ahem*

Excuse me for railing on the Halo series so hard. The games do have their moments and they are fun to play. But I'm not in love with them like so many others seem to be, and every once in a while it good go go against the flow.

Morticia
02-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Excuse me for railing on the Halo series so hard. The games do have their moments and they are fun to play. But I'm not in love with them like so many others seem to be, and every once in a while it good go go against the flow.

I agree with you on a lot of that. I am by no means a Halo series fan girl, I don't play it much anymore to tell you the truth. And to be honest the story line can be damn unimaginative and cliche at times, but it seems like every twist, turn, and climax has been written and rewritten over and over. Personally, I mostly like how they fit a lot of the writing cliches together in a way that didn't make me want to vomit. I liked the writing in the books more than the story, if that makes any sense. The structure of the books was pretty refreshing and new, but the story rang the same old tone of tortured silent type hero off to save the world/galaxy/universe. As you said, the game play is pretty spotless, aside from some really epically retarded AI marines that seem to want you to fail at everything in the game.....

To tell you the truth, I was ragging on Youthism, because he likes to spout off things on topics that he obviously knows little to nothing about, and shows a distinct lack of reading comprehension sometimes.... But I do like a good discussion on the internetz when I find someone that obviously has a brain :] I like you, you're challenging and logical... You and I Bob... Will be grand partners in internet debates!

BobTD
02-15-2010, 12:32 AM
I agree with you on a lot of that. I am by no means a Halo series fan girl, I don't play it much anymore to tell you the truth. And to be honest the story line can be damn unimaginative and cliche at times, but it seems like every twist, turn, and climax has been written and rewritten over and over. Personally, I mostly like how they fit a lot of the writing cliches together in a way that didn't make me want to vomit. I liked the writing in the books more than the story, if that makes any sense. The structure of the books was pretty refreshing and new, but the story rang the same old tone of tortured silent type hero off to save the world/galaxy/universe. As you said, the game play is pretty spotless, aside from some really epically retarded AI marines that seem to want you to fail at everything in the game.....

To tell you the truth, I was ragging on Youthism, because he likes to spout off things on topics that he obviously knows little to nothing about, and shows a distinct lack of reading comprehension sometimes.... But I do like a good discussion on the internetz when I find someone that obviously has a brain :] I like you, you're challenging and logical... You and I Bob... Will be grand partners in internet debates!

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun. And I do like a challenge...

Honestly though I would love to see this game prove me wrong and draw me in with an amazing storyline, and maybe it will happen with someone trying to live up to Bungie. We can only hope.

Blackleo
02-15-2010, 08:00 AM
I do agree that Halo may never die. This is the Metal Gear Solid of the XBox. This game shows interest for none Halo players. But to already Halo players the game may be apart from the Halo series ... idk ><

Flab-Ender
02-15-2010, 09:05 PM
My thoughts, it's gonna be just like ODST, and not be too good. ODST was based mainly on its story which wasn't even all that great, and its online, which was Halo 3's just 3 new maps which you can now get on the market place. So I have a feeling this one won't be very good if they stay along the lines of ODST.

Cerberus
02-15-2010, 11:08 PM
all i know about the game is that there are more than one spartan -resulting in more epic battles. go bungie, go halo! the screen shots i have seen form this game look amazing.

BobTD
02-16-2010, 12:52 AM
There will be one spartan actually, the rest are spartan 3's meaning they are the expendable mass produced version. The spartan 3 project was explained in Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-24-2010, 05:40 AM
It sounds like Halo:Reach will probably be the last Halo game that Bungie works on for a while. I know that Bungie has had some issues with how Microsoft limited them in the past so I could see this being true. They are not ruling out another Bungie Halo game but sound like they have plans for the future.

It would be insane for Bungie Studios to categorically rule out working on another Halo game after Halo: Reach is released later this year on Xbox 360. Even though internal Microsoft developer 343 Industries is not-so-secretly working on whatever's coming after Halo: Reach, it's always possible Bungie could come back to Halo. The studio is admitting that's possible, too.
"You know, it might be premature to say we'll never ever, ever make a Halo game again," said Bungie community and franchise director Brian Jarrard to CVG. "We sort of have a little special place for Halo in our hearts. But for the foreseeable future, this [Halo: Reach] is it."
Jarrad later said the team is working extremely hard on Halo: Reach just in case it ends up being the last Halo product that Bungie ever works on. The future of Bungie post-Halo: Reach remains a big mystery, but if moving past Halo doesn't work out for them, leaving the door open to Master Chief and the Covenant seems like a smart move. Why close that door?

Read more: Video Game News, Geek Stuff Gadgets - The Feed at G4tv.com (http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/index.html#ixzz0gS6vzZvf)

lusifersangel
05-24-2010, 01:54 AM
wow this game is really something

Jokersvirus
05-24-2010, 03:03 AM
Well the talk on bungie.net is that bungie is done after Halo reach and that 343 stuidos will take over for the rest of any and all halo games.