PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Rain

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-12-2010, 12:41 AM
I was just wondering if anyone else was interested in this game. Have any of you heard of it or played the demo even?

Heavy Rain sounds to be more of an interactive drama then a traditional game. The basic plot is you play as several different characters trying to find the origami killer. It seems that the game plays like a bunch of quick time events as in press this button or shake the controller. The most interesting part to me is there is no "game over and restart" if you mess one of the actions up. The game continues on as if your mistake is part of the story. The game comes out on the 26th of this month and I think I will have to pick it up and see how it is.

What do you think? Will an interactive story like this work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPPdgBK3r8

thedeparted
02-12-2010, 01:25 AM
I am, but really don't have money or the proper PS3 to play it. What i mean by that is, the PS3 is in my uncles room and I'd be forced to play only at night and I don't usually game at nihgt

Freemymind93
02-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah it looks really cool and I'd get it but my parents don't let me get games with sexual content in it and it looks like this'll have some of that so....(sigh) oh well, looks like so much fun

Kenoi
02-12-2010, 09:41 AM
looks like a movie, its pretty cool

thedeparted
02-12-2010, 05:24 PM
OT: The makers of this game also made Indigo Prophecy which is a similar game to this and that game was really fun, although a bit short.

Kenoi
02-12-2010, 06:40 PM
really? i didn't know that, maybe i'll get my friend to play this kind of game, he likes the one that looks realistic. this game is realistic.

Muffincat
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
This game sounds really interesting, and after hearing that it is made by the same people who made Indigo Prophecy, my interest has been even further piqued... I thought that game was very interesting. I may have to check this out.

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-13-2010, 02:16 AM
I think with this much interest I will post up a review of the game once I play through it.

Diligence109
02-13-2010, 08:42 AM
I would love to see a review!
Also, hilarious and related (http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100212)
Also, I think this will be my third time on the forum posting this (which may be a sign,) but damn this makes me want to get a PS3.

Shixx
02-18-2010, 01:13 AM
Demo is Out, I like it, judging from the Demo(Not saying much, I also loved Dantes inferno's Demo)

HamadaLFC8
02-18-2010, 03:49 AM
I just got a message from Tokyo Games (don't know if you guys have that where you live) but it's coming out on Saturday over here and I'm really trying to get my friend to buy it.

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-24-2010, 05:27 AM
I got it and played about an hour so far. Fantastic game! I will post up a review of this one once I finish it.

Shixx
02-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Just beat it, Awesome Game..Err Interactive Movie.

BobTD
02-25-2010, 06:26 AM
I really want to play it. I like all the stuff I have read about it, and it sounds like a good direction for games to explore.

Kenoi
02-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I played the demo of this game, its pretty great, you got choices and stunning graphics.
really accurate on the emotions of people's faces...

BobTD
02-27-2010, 06:10 PM
I saw a demo that showed that your character is always thinking multiple things, represents by the controller buttons. So you can act on any of multiple thought paths. It all looked really cool and now Im kind of wondering if thats how it works in the finished product.

Are there only a few key points where you get to use that game function or is it always available?

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-27-2010, 10:52 PM
I saw a demo that showed that your character is always thinking multiple things, represents by the controller buttons. So you can act on any of multiple thought paths. It all looked really cool and now Im kind of wondering if thats how it works in the finished product.

Are there only a few key points where you get to use that game function or is it always available?

The way your character's thoughts work is you hold down the left trigger and the thoughts float around your head. This part is more of a are you stuck guide. Now in very tense moments or when your talking to people they pop up on thier own. Say a guy has a knife to your neck they jump all around and in these tense moments you have to choose fast. This really helps make you feel the way the character is feeling its very cool.