PDA

View Full Version : Help My Ps2 Broke!!!

TheKing
07-12-2007, 04:25 PM
OK HERE IS THE STORY.........

I LEFT MY CONTROLLER PLUGED IN THE CONSOLE AND I ACCIDENTLY STEPED ON THE WIRE AND IT PULLED DOWN MY PS2 DROPPING IT TO THE FLOOR. iT DID NOT EVEN FALL ONE FEET AND NOT THE PS2 DISC TRAY WOULD NOT PROPERLY OPEN AND CLOSE.......

SO I'M THINKIN ITS NOTHING AND I TRY TO FIX IT MY SELF. I OPEN MY PS2 SYSTEMAND TRIED FIXING IT BUT I HAD NO LUCK...

NOW I HAVE A BROKEN PLAYSTATION 2 CONSOLE. I CALLED SONY AND EXPLAINED THEM WHAT HAPPENED. NOW THERE TELLING ME TO FIX WILL COST ME $65.00 AND TO REPLACE IT WITH A REFURBISHED ONE FOR $45.00. MY PLAYSTION 2 NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS SUCH AS DISC READ ERRORS CUZ THE LASER IS LIKE BRAND NEW CUZ I RARELY USE IT....

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Eric
07-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Are you referring to that the cd door would not close all the way? Like the cd tray cover (with the PS logo on it) was sticking out? All you had to do was shove the door in. That happened when I knocked over my friends PS2. I just shoved it back in, and it worked again.

What is it that is broken now? You said you took it apart, but you never said what else you did to break it further?

LiNuX
07-12-2007, 10:02 PM
i'd suggest you go to your local gaming store to see how much it would cost to fix and check price for refurbished ones, usually the creators of things like this tend to charge more than local stores

TheKing
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Are you referring to that the cd door would not close all the way? Like the cd tray cover (with the PS logo on it) was sticking out? All you had to do was shove the door in. That happened when I knocked over my friends PS2. I just shoved it back in, and it worked again.

What is it that is broken now? You said you took it apart, but you never said what else you did to break it further?

Okay i opened the box all the way and the power/ disc open wire is pluged out from it original location, so now i might to open it a little further to try to get that wire properly pluged in but now my main concern is getting the tray fixed because its not properly attached to the mechanism or wheel....

LiNuX
07-12-2007, 11:27 PM
maybe its not getting enough power for the wheel to turn, only a professional maybe able to tell when looking at it

diablo
07-13-2007, 08:18 PM
i'd have to agree with linux, if there is an eb games or gamestop nearby, go ask them, dont take ur ps2 just yet, just scout around for a day then go back another day

Eric
07-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Okay i opened the box all the way and the power/ disc open wire is pluged out from it original location, so now i might to open it a little further to try to get that wire properly pluged in but now my main concern is getting the tray fixed because its not properly attached to the mechanism or wheel....

Yeah, it is not worth it. I once had a wire undone, tried to put it back together, and it just screwed everything up. Everything is really quite flimsy, and I broke quite a lot just trying to get the wire plugged back in.

In the end, I simply trashed the thing.

So yeah, go to a proffesional ;)

TheKing
07-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, it is not worth it. I once had a wire undone, tried to put it back together, and it just screwed everything up. Everything is really quite flimsy, and I broke quite a lot just trying to get the wire plugged back in.

In the end, I simply trashed the thing.

So yeah, go to a proffesional ;)

Yeah this is exactly what happened that flimsy wire came out,

i didnt even pull it out hard,

wow sony wanna sell expensive products with cheap quality

who never new!!!

Eric
07-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Not entirely cheap, just really delicate ;)

Gamoc
07-17-2007, 04:56 PM
High grade electronics are obviously going to be moderately delicate. And just because yours was doesn't mean all the others are, there are many other things that could have affected your PS2.

I got my PS2 on launch day (UK) and it's still working perfectly. I've had no problems with it.

Eric
07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, my best friend still has his, and he bought it around when it came out.

TheKing
07-18-2007, 11:35 AM
High grade electronics are obviously going to be moderately delicate. And just because yours was doesn't mean all the others are, there are many other things that could have affected your PS2.

I got my PS2 on launch day (UK) and it's still working perfectly. I've had no problems with it.

I never had a problem with my ps2 until then but
what can you do whats done its done.

I'm Going To send it back to sony so i can get a refurbished one!!!

TheKing
07-31-2007, 10:20 PM
just to update, my ps2 is on the way home from sony headquaters

LiNuX
08-01-2007, 11:50 PM
just to update, my ps2 is on the way home from sony headquaters

so u decided to send it back for a refurbished one huh, tell us how it goes later

TheKing
08-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Another Update, I Got My Playstation 2 back!!! As a matter of fact it works like brand new and its better than my old one because it could not read music properly!!! Now I'm Off To Purchase Madden 08!!!

lonewolfxix
08-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I hate refurbished units.. they break within a year.

LiNuX
08-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I hate refurbished units.. they break within a year.

not all the time, i know someone using a 3 yr old refurbished PS2 that still works, well i think it still works, havent spoken to him in months lol

lonewolfxix
08-14-2007, 08:33 AM
mine broke within the first year, dust seems to get them working again, as it's now been working with some games.. not the ones I want though.

Joshuah
08-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Get Refurbished one, and hey its the king of The Dawn of Time :D

lonewolfxix
08-14-2007, 10:02 AM
i had 5 refurbished ones and now I have to pay £80 to get a replacement refurb as I now don't have my warranty, we bought one every year and just when we thought we wouldn't need it, it ran out and it stopped working.

LiNuX
08-14-2007, 12:16 PM
i had 5 refurbished ones and now I have to pay ?80 to get a replacement refurb as I now don't have my warranty, we bought one every year and just when we thought we wouldn't need it, it ran out and it stopped working.

oh yeah, u were telling me about that, i'll just blame ur luck :-P i havent had any trouble with any refurbished product i've bought, and i've bought more than a few and more than a year ago

lonewolfxix
08-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I have a few other refurbished things, we recently got Digital TV again and they give refurbished boxes, they used 3 of them before they found one that worked. Some companies are great at refurbishing products, others, their products will break easily.

cwbolton
08-15-2007, 11:02 AM
my 1st ps2 broke within a year so i bought another one it ist perfect put it plays games and so i bought another one last year the slimline one and its brilliant

Joshuah
08-15-2007, 11:46 AM
I got a refurbished one for free haha, why'd you have to pay?

lonewolfxix
08-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Some people just buy new ones, warranty is £50/$100 a year and if you don't renew it you then have to pay something like £100/$200 per a replacement.