PDA

View Full Version : Who should play the next superbowl

EpsilonX
02-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Personally, I think Metallica could do it. Of course, they wouldn't be playing many thrash songs, probably play One and maybe Fade to Black, but mostly focus on the 90's stuff. Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters, etc.

Their set could be

Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters, No Leaf Clover, Fade to Black/One medley

Another option I think would be Queen, with either Paul Rodgers at vocals or just the remaining members...maybe MAYBE adam lambert.

they could play We Will Rock You, Another One Bites the Dust, Radio GaGa or One Vision, show a video of Freddie singing Rhapsody, then end with We Are the Champions.

I would say somebody like Black Sabbath or David Gilmour, but they're not really superbowl music. Sabbath is too heavy and dark (i realise that metallica is heavier, but they're much more commercially acceptable) and Gilmour is too chill and relaxing.

They could get Paul McCartney again, or go something more modern like Foo Fighters or Green Day

Shixx
02-19-2010, 01:17 AM
I would love to See Disturbed, But that will never happen.
Metallica would be good too and probably more likely.
Everybody I've asked Says Linkin Park.

thedeparted
02-19-2010, 01:30 AM
I won't do Adam Lambert as I've noticed they've been choosing people that won't do anything that could get them fined. And Adam Lambert will most likely do another BJ like he did at that live awards a couple months back

LiNuX
02-19-2010, 07:08 AM
I would love to See Disturbed, But that will never happen.
Metallica would be good too and probably more likely.
Everybody I've asked Says Linkin Park.

I'd definitely like to see LP up there. But Metallica or Skillet would also be good. Perhaps Nine Inch Nails (haven't heard their music in some time though...kinda drifted off)

Samus-Fan
02-19-2010, 01:52 PM
I'd like to see The Killers, Blink-182, or Sum 41, but most likely none of them.

Iceskater101
02-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Metalica, Queen some old band like that should play
that would be awesome
this superbowl halftime show was really good.

Jaykub
02-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Slipknot!

no one else could do the job better ;)

EpsilonX
02-19-2010, 11:01 PM
bring me the horizon

so they can get laughed and boo'd off stage.

jango
02-19-2010, 11:06 PM
billy ray cyrus .. and his haunting rendition of nirvana's 'terratorial pissings'

p.s. this isn't my serious answer, but i'd still like to see it ..

thedeparted
02-20-2010, 03:36 PM
i would like to see guns n roses get back together for 1 night and rock the **** out of cowboys stadium

EpsilonX
02-20-2010, 04:19 PM
i would like to see guns n roses get back together for 1 night and rock the **** out of cowboys stadium

i'm sure axl would get pissed about something and refuse to play

thedeparted
02-20-2010, 04:57 PM
i'm sure axl would get pissed about something and refuse to play

yeah :-( ;(

younging94
02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
bring me the horizon

so they can get laughed and boo'd off stage.
:laugh:

5 bucks says its Ke$ha

Iceskater101
02-23-2010, 09:39 PM
:laugh:

5 bucks says its Ke$ha

UGH NO!
I don't like her she is way to remixed to me.
ew.