PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Album EVER??

EpsilonX
02-17-2010, 04:40 PM
in your opinion, what is the greatest album ever made? Like, what album has the most complete listening experience from beginning to end? And take this seriously, this is not a "what is your favorite cd"

In my opinion, A Night at the Opera - Queen

http://www.nealford.com/images/music/NightAtTheOpera.jpeg

it has everything. A friendly atmosphere, but with a touch of darkness in some songs. Each song can be listened to individually and be enjoyed, or if you listen to the album all the way through it's an amazing experience. Plus, it doesn't end with a song. Bohemian Rhapsody is the last song on the album, and it's followed by a quick guitar part that closes the album perfectly, which not many other albums have. It's a breath of relief after the epic Rhapsody that preceeds it. The album is incredibly varied in styles, full of seriousness but also campy appeal. The album plays like a performance on stage. a collection of great songs, but they work with each other in a way i haven't experienced in other albums. The album is much more than just bohemian rhapsody.
favorite song: '39

honorable mentions:

Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4oC1xZD44KwmEM:http://surajneupane.com.np/wisdom/images1/Dark%2520Side%2520of%2520the%2520Moon_dark_side.jp g

fantastic album, a great listening experience, but the only problem is that some songs don't work that well on their own (breathe, on the run, any colour you like, brain damage, eclipse (but brain damage and eclipse together works well on its own)) but the album itself presents a great listening experience. Truly unique
favorite song: on the run (while it's not really a good song as a standalone song, it works great in the context of the album and is my favorite part)

Abbey Road - The Beatles

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:YoQuBBguHUJI7M:http://classicalgreg.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/abbeyroad.jpg

A complete listening experience all the way through, with some great songs on the first half, but again the second half, like dark side of the moon, is much better listened to as a whole. most of the songs are incomplete songs medley'd together in a progressive way.
favorite song: you never give me your money

what do you guys think?

jakethewho
04-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Sigur Ros is the best ~~!!
Sigur Ros - Með Suð Í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust

thedeparted
04-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Appetite for Destruction by Guns N Roses

Welcome to the Jungle
Nighttrain
Paradise City
Mr.Brownstone
My Michelle
Rocket Queen
Sweet Child o Mine

Kink3bird
04-13-2010, 11:33 PM
If I see Dark Side of the Moon in another "the greatest music eva" thread I'm gonna /wrists lol

jango
04-14-2010, 08:51 AM
For me it would be ..

jimi hendrix - are you experienced
radiohead - ok computer
placebo - without you i'm nothing
jeff buckley - grace
smashing pumpkins - siamese dreams
the beatles - revolver
the smiths - the queen is dead

Diligence109
04-14-2010, 09:28 AM
For me it would be ..
radiohead - ok computer

Yes. :twitcy:

Also, yes to dark side of the moon and abbey road.
Those two albums were revolutionary in shaping the way the studio is used to make music today, in my informed opinion.

Radiohead builds off of the concepts originated by Floyd, but is absolutely amazing, in my personal opinion.

EpsilonX
04-14-2010, 09:23 PM
If I see Dark Side of the Moon in another "the greatest music eva" thread I'm gonna /wrists lol

it's not the best music ever made, but it's a strong, unique, and consistent album. Very replayable, very unique, and enjoyable all the way through. It's not hard to see why it's so highly rated.

Personally I like Meddle and Wish you Were Here better though (Echoes is amazing, and Have a Cigar is my current favorite by the band)

anyways...i literally said "wat" when i saw that people replied to this.

thedeparted
04-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Make good threads and we will reply

note this post isn't implying your a youthism type thread make :P

Subb
04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Ye Ye Jango with the smashing pumpkins

sublime's 40 ounce to freedom

RicketyCricket
05-12-2010, 02:20 PM
It's not quite a classic and its still pretty new, but if you haven't listened to it before you should listen to 13 Tales from Urban Bohemia from the Dandy Warhols.

Life Changing.

youthism_is_me
05-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Ill say any thing by , Bloodhound gang is pretty ok.

EpsilonX
05-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Make good threads and we will reply

note this post isn't implying your a youthism type thread make :P

what is wrong with my topics?

ViddaXondi
05-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Nirvana Live in NY, fantastic album..

RicketyCricket
05-13-2010, 03:05 PM

I like your topics. Keep it up! They are some of the most entertaining topics on this board.

Jaykub
05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Iowa by slipknot

1. "(515)"
2. "People = ****"
3. "Disasterpiece"
4. "My Plague"
5. "Everything Ends"
6. "The Heretic Anthem"
7. "Gently"
8. "Left Behind"
9. "The Shape"
10. "I Am Hated"
11. "Skin Ticket"
12. "New Abortion"
13. "Metabolic"
14. "Iowa"

EpsilonX
05-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Really? Iowa is my least favorite of their albums. it's just screaming.

if i were to rank their albums

Vol 3
Slipknot
All Hope is Gone
Iowa

Vol 3 is great...but i wouldn't put a slipknot album on a list of best albums ever. remember this isn't a "favorite album" topic, its a "best album" thing.

RicketyCricket
05-14-2010, 12:57 PM
I never could get into SlipKnot. I tried, but I just cant handle heavy metal scream-o bands

EpsilonX
05-14-2010, 01:16 PM
heavy metal and screamo are 2 different genres. might as well compare country and rap.

thedeparted
05-15-2010, 12:58 PM

twas a joke lol

RicketyCricket
05-17-2010, 02:28 PM
heavy metal and screamo are 2 different genres. might as well compare country and rap.

Ok well then I dont like Heavy metal and Screamo music. Better?

EpsilonX
05-19-2010, 11:52 AM
a bit, but slipknot aren't either of those genres.

RaverSiell
07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
classics always give out a win on this one, but if ill find something recent, i think the first album of lifehouse is good (forgot the title xD and i consider it one of the greatest lol)