PDA

View Full Version : A New Board Idea

Project Blaze
03-01-2010, 11:37 AM
I was just wondering if adding a "Poems & Short Stories" board would be out of the question? Just a thought that crossed my mind a few minutes ago.

HamadaLFC8
03-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a fair idea with the increased amount of poems we've gotten recently

LiNuX
03-01-2010, 05:00 PM
I've seen this trend come up and die down. Posting poem's in the "post anything" board is fine for now but unless we start seeing dozens or 100s of poetry threads popping up, I don't think it needs a board of its own I'm sorry.

Project Blaze
03-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Ok, just a thought. I can see your point though. No worries. ^_^

thedeparted
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM
If this ever happened it'd end up just like the roleplaying board

jango
03-02-2010, 04:02 AM
personally i kinda like stumbling across them on the boards rather than having a specific location for them .. dunno, but it kinda makes it more unique

KittyCat72
03-02-2010, 08:20 PM
While I agree with that point, maybe a broader board, such as literature would work. I don't know how many members here enjoy reading, but they could discuss books as well as post their own works.

jango
03-02-2010, 08:25 PM
While I agree with that point, maybe a broader board, such as literature would work. I don't know how many members here enjoy reading, but they could discuss books as well as post their own works.

i see wot u mean .. maybe a child board under entertainment or something? see how it rolls etc ..

KittyCat72
03-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Exactly my thoughts... it worked well on another forum of mine.

LiNuX
03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
As much as I love the idea, I still think it's not going to do any good because the theme of the forum is way off and as I said before, there has to be a good amount of interest for me to make a sub-board for anything.

Individual games like Halo and Runescape has their own boards because of the amount of threads that are (or were) opened and the amount of Interest that was shown. I don't think literature or poetry has that momentum, not yet at least.

BobTD
03-04-2010, 01:14 AM
maybe, seeing as we have an RP board, we could create a writing section of the forum and place the Role playing and Poetry as (a) child boards(s) to that section. That way you have an area for members to discuss a wider range of topics that may or may not pertain to games.

I know I might like to discuss video game articles from Gameinformer and PC Gamer, often when I see reviews I don't agree with. And many books and short stories are now based on or around a video game or series. The two forms of Media are crossing more then ever, and this would be a good way to encourage discussion and organize it at the same time.

And as long as this thread is discussing the topic, It would be interesting as well if you considered making the "Serious News" section a "Serious Debate and Discussion" (SD&D for short) board.

That way we could get more of a debate atmosphere rather then just following the news. As well as allowing topics purposefully meant for debates, such as valid points for legalizing personal use drugs. Currently if feels a little like going off topic to get into all the other countries laws and reasons some are for or against it.

Just my 2 cents. Would be interesting to see how the other members felt.

LiNuX
03-04-2010, 06:59 AM
maybe, seeing as we have an RP board, we could create a writing section of the forum and place the Role playing and Poetry as (a) child boards(s) to that section. That way you have an area for members to discuss a wider range of topics that may or may not pertain to games.

I know I might like to discuss video game articles from Gameinformer and PC Gamer, often when I see reviews I don't agree with. And many books and short stories are now based on or around a video game or series. The two forms of Media are crossing more then ever, and this would be a good way to encourage discussion and organize it at the same time.

And as long as this thread is discussing the topic, It would be interesting as well if you considered making the "Serious News" section a "Serious Debate and Discussion" (SD&D for short) board.

That way we could get more of a debate atmosphere rather then just following the news. As well as allowing topics purposefully meant for debates, such as valid points for legalizing personal use drugs. Currently if feels a little like going off topic to get into all the other countries laws and reasons some are for or against it.

Just my 2 cents. Would be interesting to see how the other members felt.

Thanks for the input. I think we have a lot of boards/sub-boards not relating to Gaming. Poetry can go into more than one category.

As for the VG Articles, you can discuss the article talking about the individual game in the gaming board or just post it in the General Gaming board.

As for changing the name of the Serious news board, I like that idea and will definitely consider it.