PDA

View Full Version : Decent Strategy Games

Project Blaze
03-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I was looking for games that need a lot of thinking involved. It'd help if I had some recommendations for these consoles:

Nintendo DS
PS 1,2,3
Gameboy Advance

It'd really help a lot if someone could gimme some ideas.

BobTD
03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
The best genre there is often RTS. But you wont find many on those consoles. Your next best bet is tactics games. If you told me what tactics games you have already played that might help.

I personally greatly enjoyed:

Vandal Hearts 1&2 (PS1)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
Tactics Ogre (PS1)
Rhapsody (PS1)

Disgaea 1&2 (PS2)
Front Mission4 (PS2)
La pucelle (PS2)
Phantom Brave (PS2)

Dynasty Warriors 6 (PS3) isn't a tactics game, but its interesting all the same. Its a strategy hack and slash type game, where if you run around mindlessly killing you might loss the game. Rather, you have to go where you are needed most, or assisting allies in danger of being defeated.

For the DS, I can only really say I have played

Final Fantasy Advance 1&2 (the playstation version is better)
Onimusha Tactics (meh)
Advance Wars (yay)
Fire Emblem (entire series) Fire Emblem was my favorite, though the strategy lies in using your strongest units and supporting each other. Its really not that complex, but I had the OCD compulsion to complete them without loosing any characters.

Project Blaze
03-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I heard about Disgaea, but wasn't too sure about it. Does it have a good storyline?

Muffincat
03-01-2010, 07:27 PM
I love Disgaea! I would heartily recommend it.

Project Blaze
03-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Good 'nough for me! ^_^ Now if I can just find it... lol if not I can just nab one offa.. a certain website. :x

BobTD
03-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Good choice. That game is near impossible to complete 100%. Really love its art style and characters.

RicketyCricket
05-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Good 'nough for me! ^_^ Now if I can just find it... lol if not I can just nab one offa.. a certain website. :x

My favorite gameboy advance game was Advance Wars 2. Kind of like Command and Conquer but it was based on turns. A lot of fun though, but very challenging

Raoul
11-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Starcraft 2 is really one of the best strategy games that I played and the detail in this game of how the graphics looks so breathe taking I love playing this game and I also enjoy playing Command and Conquer and Warcraft. Now for me these are the common strategy games and they are the best for me I love playing them.

Lmarc
03-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Referring back to the list at the beginning, I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy in general, so the Tactics spin off attracted me of course.

And about the Dynasty Warriors, if you look into any of the Empires games (i.e. Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires), or into any of the games called Romance of the Three Kingdoms (there's apparently like 13 of them), both are strategy games centralizing around the same characters and story as Dynasty Warriors. The Empires games have the strategy, and everytime you try to invade a territory or defend your own, you have the option to participate in the battle, which is just like the normal Dynasty Warriors hack and slash.

GypsyRose
03-07-2011, 01:19 AM
My favorite gameboy advance game was Advance Wars 2. Kind of like Command and Conquer but it was based on turns. A lot of fun though, but very challenging

Man i used to play advanced wars on the computer when i was like ten i sucked a it, computer always beat me lol :)

i recommend Mirrors Edge
Okami
And um, that game made by Capcom, on PS1 and it was a puzzle game...

it totally slipped my mind....

ill google it!