PDA

View Full Version : Bad Update

LiNuX
03-08-2010, 11:04 PM
The most recent update to Counter-Strike 1.6 is corrupted. It forces most CS servers to shut down automatically, mostly simultaneously. I have been keeping an eye on the GF servers as well as some servers owned by friends of mine and they all usually shut down at the same time.

We are all waiting for steam to update them. I've been at it most of the day trying to find a fix but have had no luck. This is just a warning that the CS 1.6 server may be unavailable for some time. This bug came out weeks ago but our server was only recently affected.

The server basically shuts down when this bug is triggered and the only way to get it back up is to restart it, currently only I have access to restart the server. I apologize for any inconvenience but there isn't much that I can do right now but wait for steam to come up with something brilliant.

Note: This does NOT affect the other game servers. This bug is only here for the CS 1.6 server.

Questions? Comments? Post here.

~LiNuX

Kreljo
07-24-2011, 04:17 AM
Buggy game i prefer normal CS 1.6

Jayhmmz
07-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Buggy game i prefer normal CS 1.6

This is the normal CS 1.6 game... it's just a game update (patch).

ROFLBRYCE
07-24-2011, 10:59 AM
The one day I hop on Steam and update it hoping to check out the GF server :P

Hope it gets fixed, and soon too. Weird that it would start doing that weeks later though.

LiNuX
07-24-2011, 11:03 AM
The Server's RAM failed. So it's not even running at the moment.

I planned on building another PC and turning my current one into a server, but that plan is progressing slowly.

In the meantime.

</thread.