PDA

View Full Version : What kinda music makes you play what kinda games?

Project Blaze
03-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Pretty simple, like what "theme" makes ya wanna play a certain game. For me, let's see here.. (Wasn't sure where to put this btw)

I've got a playlist of Powerman 5000, gODHEAD, Ayria, and kidneythieves. Whenever I listen to one of these bands the first game I wanna play is Chaos Legion, since I used it as my personal soundtrack for the game after turning the Background Music as low as I could. And a playlist of Hatebreed, Mushroomhead, Strapping Young Lad, Mastodon, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, and Lamb of God that reminds me to play Devil May Cry games, and Darksiders. Powerman 5000 by itself makes me wanna also play Mech games.

HamadaLFC8
03-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Tokyo Drift = Racing games hahaha
Rock = Left 4 Dead/2

Project Blaze
03-11-2010, 05:47 PM
kewL, kewLz, what type of game is L4D btw? FPS?

EpsilonX
03-11-2010, 07:26 PM
listening to the beatles makes me wanna play diablo 2, cuz i used to play these old cds my uncle recorded for me off the radio when they were doing Beatles sections.

other than that, nothing. I don't listen to music when I game, because I like in-game music.

Project Blaze
03-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I like the in-game muzik too, but I just like to make my own soundtrack to it if ya know what I mean.

Freemymind93
03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Whenever i hear like a pretty song or an instrumental i wanna play shadow of the colossus or ico. Sometimes when i hear I will not bow by Breaking Benjamin i wanna play uncharted 2

Project Blaze
03-11-2010, 10:59 PM
I heard about Shadow of the Colossus, is it any good in your opinion?

Freemymind93
03-11-2010, 11:03 PM
I heard about Shadow of the Colossus, is it any good in your opinion?

1st or 2nd best game I've ever played. Must-have in my opinion

HamadaLFC8
03-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Yeah Left 4 Dead is a Zombie FPS =D

Project Blaze
03-12-2010, 07:16 AM
CrEePy!! Zombies are my only creepy factor. XD That and werewolves for some reason. :P

But I'll try out Shadow of Colossus, I'm sure GameStop'll have it. ^_^

EpsilonX
03-12-2010, 07:44 AM
CrEePy!! Zombies are my only creepy factor. XD That and werewolves for some reason. :P

But I'll try out Shadow of Colossus, I'm sure GameStop'll have it. ^_^

Shadow is a great game, but there's not much there for replay value. The fun of the game in my opinion is exploring and finding out all of the mysteries. It was epicly boring the second time, i had to play on hard and i was still bored

Project Blaze
03-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Huh.. maybe I'll look at screenshots and reviews first.

LemonRising
03-12-2010, 08:24 AM
The misfits would probably be my favourite music to game to, but really, anything loud and fast! <:

Project Blaze
03-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Hahah, sweet! What was that genre called..? Speed Metal! I think.. :x But ya might like some a that. ^_^

EpsilonX
03-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Hahah, sweet! What was that genre called..? Speed Metal! I think.. :x But ya might like some a that. ^_^

misfits? punk rock...

if you're just saying loud and fast though, you got punk rock and thrash metal. (if you want something REALLY loud and fast, check out Lack of Comprehension - Death)

anyways, the game is fantastic (shadow) but its basically you're wandering around figuring out how to topple giant monsters, and once you figure it out it isn't as amazing. there's only 16 enemies in the game and each one is a lot different. most of the fun IMO comes from trying to figure out how to beat each one

PS if you do play it, DO NOT under any circumstance resort to using an FAQ

Freemymind93
03-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Huh.. maybe I'll look at screenshots and reviews first.

Most of the reviews and stuff you look at are going to say it's fantastic, mostly because it is. And Eps is right don't use a guide (if that's what he meant by FAQ) for the game

Project Blaze
03-13-2010, 04:07 AM
Well it should be cheaper by now too, so I'll just go ahead an' get it. If I don't like it I'll just get some store credit out of it. lolz I win either way! :P

jakethewho
04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
listening to Fray & coldplay playing Final Fantasy , Gran Turismo etc