PDA

View Full Version : What's the heaviest band you listen to?

EpsilonX
03-12-2010, 12:09 PM
this is kind of a stupid topic i'm aware, but answer anyways.

The heaviest band I listen to is probably Death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UUQXeNnIlE&feature=related

LemonRising
03-12-2010, 12:39 PM
the HEAVIEST?

Uhhh maybe.... Mayhem I guess.

I listen to a lot of harder stuff.

Project Blaze
03-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Probably LAmb of God. Hatebreed comes next, then Killswitch Engage.

Subb
03-12-2010, 02:21 PM
hahaha here ya go and to a special friend of mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOpjdrK1GVc

Diligence109
03-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Probably Architect for me

EpsilonX
03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Probably Architect for me

architects, that british band that the singer punched oli sykes in the face, then toured with them?

Kenoi
03-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Dope? Don't know if you guys ever heard of that one.... but my brother-in-law let me hear one of his random hard rock cds...

Diligence109
03-14-2010, 01:32 AM
architects, that british band that the singer punched oli sykes in the face, then toured with them?

uumm... not sure, don't know anything about the band, just have one of their albums.

I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S5BLThomlU

EpsilonX
03-14-2010, 09:38 AM
idk that sounds like the band i'm talking about but theres about a billion bands with that name

younging94
03-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Animal Abortion Consensual Kitten Sex

Project Blaze
03-14-2010, 02:46 PM
... I hope that's an actual band... Otherwise that's just disgusting... It's disgusting either way... *insert barfing smiley here*

Morticia
03-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Rammstein :]]
I've listened to them since I was about 12 haha. <3

Kenoi
03-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Du Hast means: "you hate" (in German) right?

Morticia
03-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Kenoi
03-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

yeah that's the only hit I've heard from them, I gotta hear more stuff from them, they're interesting to listen to

Muffincat
03-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Du Hast means: "you hate" (in German) right?

It aaaactually means "You have"

The english translation is not actually a translation.

edit: also a fan of Rammstein. Though not the heaviest band I listen to. But I can't figure out which that would be...

XRaidenX3
03-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Probably disturbed, killswitch engage, or rammstein for meI

EpsilonX
03-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Rammstein aren't really heavy...

you don't listen to like metallica or slayer or anything

Samus-Fan
03-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Heaviest?
The Killers.

Actually, Darkest Hour, but I've recently become a fan of them

Kenoi
03-17-2010, 08:47 PM
It aaaactually means "You have"

The english translation is not actually a translation.

edit: also a fan of Rammstein. Though not the heaviest band I listen to. But I can't figure out which that would be...

thanks for that, I thought I was close to that meaning... oh well, you too? thats awesome.

Project Blaze
03-17-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't really like Rammstein. But I guess that's to be expected since I don't speak German. Except for nein, that's pretty much it. My brother left me a lot of their CDs, but I can't sell them since they want the cases and booklets that came with them. Of which I have neither. So... there's one band that I would like to listen to, but just wouldn't understand the lyrics.

majunko
03-26-2010, 11:32 PM
i should change my name to led zeppelin with my bias promotion of them but didnt they invent the term "heavy" and i think "metal" also, or at least to term was created around and for them, just saying.
But the heaviest idk alot of unneeded anger in so called "heavy" music these days kinda atune to a lil kid crying and screaming to get his point across, not very as we say "Cool" (james dean brought about that term i think) but Opeth(Ghost of Perdition) guy tunes down the screamo gut throat whatever you wanna call it and actually sings sometimes, very folky sound from norway or scandi something like that, i like them, used to pump them back in my metal days. gotta be calm n cool not spazzin trashin. like vick vega from reservoir dogs, you can be cool and still be badass dude, alot cooler actually in my opinion.

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 12:18 AM
i should change my name to led zeppelin with my bias promotion of them but didnt they invent the term "heavy" and i think "metal" also, or at least to term was created around and for them, just saying.
But the heaviest idk alot of unneeded anger in so called "heavy" music these days kinda atune to a lil kid crying and screaming to get his point across, not very as we say "Cool" (james dean brought about that term i think) but Opeth(Ghost of Perdition) guy tunes down the screamo gut throat whatever you wanna call it and actually sings sometimes, very folky sound from norway or scandi something like that, i like them, used to pump them back in my metal days. gotta be calm n cool not spazzin trashin. like vick vega from reservoir dogs, you can be cool and still be badass dude, alot cooler actually in my opinion.

the term "heavy metal" came from steppenwolf's song born to be wild. "heavy metal thunder" i think it says. and i agree with you, modern day music is just distorted power chords with screaming. that's not heavy, heaviness comes from the composition, not the distortion. Bleak - Opeth is pretty heavy. I'm not big on Opeth but i like probs 3 songs. (harvest is one of my favorite songs ever)

majunko
03-27-2010, 12:49 AM
I only knew like 2 opeth songs i forget the other but i heard it on satellite radio on dish and recorded it, of course those dish boxes go bad and they come and take them eventually, anyways i liked it. Then my friend got their cd probly still their newest and we listened to it in his car, some alright stuff i spose.
But yeah iv dropped out of modern music, its all classics from here out. gotta keep your mind clean, im hopeing to get on my keyboard this summer also, me n my uncle both have keyboards now n i finally have all the cords n converters to hook em both straight to my laptop, get em set up in the garage soon where my dad wont have to hear. I play guitar as well but that takes rehearsal and we like to just hit record and see what happens. My uncle gets drunk n i swear those spirits turn him into the perfect bluessinger he even plays awesome on the guitar but he has no understanding of the thing, crazy stuff.

LemonRising
03-27-2010, 10:52 AM
I think the term Heavy Metal was something that came around from everyone involved.
No specific source.

Though there are obviously specific things that brought it into popular view.

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 11:25 AM
I think the term Heavy Metal was something that came around from everyone involved.
No specific source.

Though there are obviously specific things that brought it into popular view.

thats true..what i meant to say was i believe that song was the first time the term was used.

Project Blaze
03-27-2010, 01:49 PM
But the heaviest idk alot of unneeded anger in so called "heavy" music these days kinda atune to a lil kid crying and screaming to get his point across

I don't don't think that you can just chalk every "heavy" band up to that. A lot of work goes into the lyrics of their songs. Some of the bands anyway. Even though I'm incredibly picky about the Metal I listen to, I hate when people do this. Call the progression of Metal basically two steps backwards or whatever term you use for it. Times change, and if you don't follow suit then you're living in the past. (As far as music goes that is) While there are some good "older" bands, the "newer" ones "connect" with their peers and address their (the peers') emotions/situations. Sometimes their own. Some don't really care and just want to sing. But you can't just stereotype every band in one particular genre based on one or two that you may have heard. Even though I'll agree that, from some of the ones I've heard in the "heavier" Metal don't make sense, others do. I myself can't stand the type of "screaming" where you can't really tell what they're saying. I just hate to see people make such an uninformed decision and judgement about "absolutely all" modern-day Metal, so I wanted to give my thoughts about that remark.

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't don't think that you can just chalk every "heavy" band up to that. A lot of work goes into the lyrics of their songs. Some of the bands anyway. Even though I'm incredibly picky about the Metal I listen to, I hate when people do this. Call the progression of Metal basically two steps backwards or whatever term you use for it. Times change, and if you don't follow suit then you're living in the past. (As far as music goes that is) While there are some good "older" bands, the "newer" ones "connect" with their peers and address their (the peers') emotions/situations. Sometimes their own. Some don't really care and just want to sing. But you can't just stereotype every band in one particular genre based on one or two that you may have heard. Even though I'll agree that, from some of the ones I've heard in the "heavier" Metal don't make sense, others do. I myself can't stand the type of "screaming" where you can't really tell what they're saying. I just hate to see people make such an uninformed decision and judgement about "absolutely all" modern-day Metal, so I wanted to give my thoughts about that remark.

there's 2 types of people: people that listen to music to keep up with the times, and people who listen to music because it's good, because it's art. Bands like Pink Floyd, the Beatles, Genesis, and others might be old, but people still listen to them because their music is good.

you can listen to modern "metal" to "stay with the times" or you can listen to older metal that is actually a lot better.

by the way, most modern day metal is either hard rock that pretends to be metal, deathcore, or underground/cult. All the music you listen to is hard rock. Metal music isn't for relating to.

while i'm not really a fan of them, here are some legit metal bands these days:
nile, opeth, mastodon, between the buried and me.

LemonRising
03-27-2010, 04:43 PM
thats true..what i meant to say was i believe that song was the first time the term was used.

I figured but thought I'd throw in my one cent anyways. <:

Also .. metal is NOT about crying whiners.
Some screamo, and the genre of 'emo' music perhapsss.

BUT NOT METAL

*rock face* > B U

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 05:47 PM
I figured but thought I'd throw in my one cent anyways. <:

Also .. metal is NOT about crying whiners.
Some screamo, and the genre of 'emo' music perhapsss.

BUT NOT METAL

*rock face* > B U

where did that come from?

Subb
03-27-2010, 06:08 PM
lemon is a strange creature where she comes from we will never truly know. But metal rocks!!

Project Blaze
03-27-2010, 06:13 PM
there's 2 types of people: people that listen to music to keep up with the times, and people who listen to music because it's good, because it's art. Bands like Pink Floyd, the Beatles, Genesis, and others might be old, but people still listen to them because their music is good.

you can listen to modern "metal" to "stay with the times" or you can listen to older metal that is actually a lot better.

by the way, most modern day metal is either hard rock that pretends to be metal, deathcore, or underground/cult. All the music you listen to is hard rock. Metal music isn't for relating to.

while i'm not really a fan of them, here are some legit metal bands these days:
nile, opeth, mastodon, between the buried and me.

That isn't why people listen to the "modern metal". They don't listen to it just to keep up with the times, maybe I neglected to mention a few other reasons why they listen to them. But I'll just say "to each their own" so this argument isn't drawn out and long-winded.

majunko
03-27-2010, 07:42 PM
ok ok I guess I shouldnt judge the field so blatantly but I gotta hold my point, lets put it this way metal music is Inuyasha while zeppelinsuch is Seshomaru, like when my dad spazzes out and yells, i dont need that I hear just fine. I used to like all that metal back when i was like 15, used to pump metal while pumpin my 10 pound weights worked out good. Hatebreed, Slayer, Metalicca, Opeth, Lamb of God, Giant Squid, i dont remeber it all.. somes good. but like my brother said, hes an old fashioned gangster rap guy, "all that music is ok i mean white zombie so on, but everyone thinks its so heavy so cool they run givin the molech evil eye rock sign screamin with their tung out, is that what you consider cool? isnt it just kinda spazzy? chill out man." I used to like the whole villainous idea of life, but one day i realized walkin aroundin actin oh mr bad boy takes just as much energy as actin goody goody. my friends wanna take me to modern shows i say no theres nothing there for me, they invite me over to listen to them rambo on on their guitars cuz they pack their mind with that metal junk it sounds like crap. wheres the melody? "what do ya mean?" like slayer bashin power chords all day, its a guitar not a drumset dude. screamin all that one tone crap. Now i know i cant speak on everything, i still like opeth, i can sing to it, i like giant squid. But im gunna call ya out when theres no melody no real composition, sound like an old man, its not music its noise and all sound effects. I wanna sing along and not feel like im trying to summoning demons or sumthin..sometimes ya wanna just scream some lyrics, try Babe Im Gunna Leave You followed by Since I Been Lovin You all the screaming you can handle but its pretty, it sounds good and even mozart and Bach would bob their heads, what can i say im an old skool kool cat i like that motown swag dont hate just 2 cents yo. wow thats long..

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Call the progression of Metal basically two steps backwards or whatever term you use for it. Times change, and if you don't follow suit then you're living in the past. (As far as music goes that is) While there are some good "older" bands, the "newer" ones "connect" with their peers and address their (the peers') emotions/situations.

you basically said that if people aren't listening to whats current, then they are stuck in the past.

majunko
03-27-2010, 07:53 PM
also music is about an up and down energy which seems to me most bands lack, suspense, start slow build then drop only to build higher in the next minute, pink floyd were the masters of this. seems metal cant handle a small steady pace its always heavy hittin and before the end of the song youve already hit the highest energy your gonna encounter in the song, without suspense music is nothing but a prolonged annoyance. they play it all forward right in the beginning, gotta hold your chips boy, gotta play it cool boy, dont hit em with a heavy chord on first sound cuz thats the most of a jump n tingle youl get out of em. man i type so much without even noticing..

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 08:03 PM
also music is about an up and down energy which seems to me most bands lack, suspense, start slow build then drop only to build higher in the next minute, pink floyd were the masters of this. seems metal cant handle a small steady pace its always heavy hittin and before the end of the song youve already hit the highest energy your gonna encounter in the song, without suspense music is nothing but a prolonged annoyance. they play it all forward right in the beginning, gotta hold your chips boy, gotta play it cool boy, dont hit em with a heavy chord on first sound cuz thats the most of a jump n tingle youl get out of em. man i type so much without even noticing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvLn8j4c5l4

majunko
03-27-2010, 08:41 PM
ah Opeth, i couldnt listen im already chokin my browser and my dialup wouldnt have it loaded for at least 5 hours
I'll assume your proving me wrong, I wouldnt doubt it from Opeth, probably my favorite real heavy gut throat band I'v heard of, of course you know I'm excluding them from my opinions cuz they really do have a good understanding of melody, yet mix it with hardcore metal. And also I know they do have some real suspense, of course they have the time most of their songs dont run under 7 minutes alot over 10. Seen that song mentioned, I think I had it loading on my limewire back in the day, but never heard it.
"Devil cracked the earthly shell foretold she was the one, blew hope into the room and said you have to live b4 you Die Young" then some awesome guitar breaks in, hey i have ghost of perdition on my computer dont I, Hmmm, I remember that guitar playing, such an amazing guitar player man, i remember what i loved about them. Gotta put that guitar in the league of Jimmy Page, plus they got that fantasy feel like zeppelin, I could care less about a band that has no real perspective of what their trying to convey. A song has to have a majic lil dream place attached to it to have real power. As zeppelin says "ah lemme take ya there, uh lemme take ya there"

hey the songs at 3 minutes of nine, i might just hear it in the next hour.

Muffincat
03-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I suppose the heaviest bands I listen to are Iced Earth or Children of Bodom.... I'd say Dir en grey but they aren't always heavy which is what I <3 about them... sooooo yep

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 09:07 PM
well not all music is supposed to be "suspenseful" some of it is about the attack and brutality. I prefer build-up music over brutal music. but sometimes i just wanna rock out, yknow?

muffin = iced earth are cool

majunko
03-27-2010, 09:18 PM
but hey no ones mentioned Sabbath, I think Black Sabbath really paved the way for all heavy metal, but once again I dont think modern music has taken it to the limit, theyve really strayed and dumbed down what they created, they talked about wizards and fairies wear boots, iron man and other trippy fantasy based themes but most metal wouldnt touch that with a 9 yard stick or they dont create the atmosphere to hold it. I just hold a very high standard I spose, people always take that offensively. But what can we expect with the last remnants of the old world constantly being pushed deeper and shunned out by modern tech and thought. I guess thats why the best of these genres now come from scandi where remnants still remain. Scandinavia being finland norway sweden so on.

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
but hey no ones mentioned Sabbath, I think Black Sabbath really paved the way for all heavy metal, but once again I dont think modern music has taken it to the limit, theyve really strayed and dumbed down what they created, they talked about wizards and fairies wear boots, iron man and other trippy fantasy based themes but most metal wouldnt touch that with a 9 yard stick or they dont create the atmosphere to hold it. I just hold a very high standard I spose, people always take that offensively. But what can we expect with the last remnants of the old world constantly being pushed deeper and shunned out by modern tech and thought. I guess thats why the best of these genres now come from scandi where remnants still remain. Scandinavia being finland norway sweden so on.

lol i feel the same way. nowadays people are just trying to find the lowest denominator that can sell the music and then half-assing their way through the rest of the songs. look at lady gaga, she's the biggest offender. nothing good about the song until you get to a really catchy chorus that doesn't leave your head.

majunko
03-27-2010, 09:30 PM
well not all music is supposed to be "suspenseful" some of it is about the attack and brutality. I prefer build-up music over brutal music. but sometimes i just wanna rock out, yknow?

well yeah theres always commercial "pop" michael jackson so on, it even goes on today with hip hop and stuff they just press the button and the 16 beat starts and never changes, theres always exceptions Kiss kinda hits it hard i guess. But that strays from the original idea of music, the shamans even tho it may look it werent just trying to rock out, music is meant to be contemplated and inhaled, meant to convey the story along with the emotion.
we're just playing devils advocate but my music needs the lows before you feel the highs.

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 09:45 PM
well yeah theres always commercial "pop" michael jackson so on, it even goes on today with hip hop and stuff they just press the button and the 16 beat starts and never changes, theres always exceptions Kiss kinda hits it hard i guess. But that strays from the original idea of music, the shamans even tho it may look it werent just trying to rock out, music is meant to be contemplated and inhaled, meant to convey the story along with the emotion.
we're just playing devils advocate but my music needs the lows before you feel the highs.

well even michael jackson had good songs. like i said, lady gaga. its basically talking throughout the song, and then you get CANT READ MY CANT READ MY which is catchy. and thats all you need to sell the song.

personally, i have a soft spot for arena rock, so i like a lot of 80s pop. but i'm more into like progressive rock and some metal

majunko
03-27-2010, 10:06 PM
haha well i never said MJs bad, hes kinda like Elvis or the Beatles if your ears work and your tastes havent been warped by one thing or another you cant deny it. Yeah i keep up with the radio music, like i said i try and keep up with the rap(hiphop) scene to see if anyone gets onto something good, but yeah i agree about all that commercialized selling of music, what ever happened to a band having a real dream that they could do nothing but go with it A real raw sound that they made up. These days its almost like theres a farm somewhere growning pretty boys and feminizing warping their minds, then they make some frankenstein boy band out of em (no need to say this is the emo scene) girls used to swarm after the beatles now its this, its hell on earth. Makes me appreciate the angry screamo punks, the same heavy scene that killed the hippies(sad) now will kill this emo crap from the grassroots up(its a good thing)

Charlotte
03-27-2010, 11:45 PM
hmm, for me the heaviest eva is smooth purple song is smoke on the water :P

Project Blaze
03-28-2010, 11:10 AM
As long as people don't try to push their views/tastes of music onto others that's fine. But modern metal is as good as the old in my opinion. The only difference is the timeline and the sound of it. The lyrics mean as much as the older ones do (only talking about the bands where you can hear their words instead of inaudible screaming). I don't listen to Lamb of God and others because I think it's "cool". I just like the aggressive sound in it. I never cared about being "cool" or "fitting in". Sometimes you just need to hear that kind of sound and those kinds of lyrics to relate to something/someone when it seems like nobody understands. At least that's what I think, since that's why I listen to it. Some might listen to it just for that "cool" factor, but others don't care about that "fitting in" stuff. I'm not trying to lessen or put down the older metal/rock or anything though. Everyone has their own tastes. "To each their own"(again) as they say.

EpsilonX
03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
(only talking about the bands where you can hear their words instead of inaudible screaming). I don't listen to Lamb of God and others because I think it's "cool". I just like the aggressive sound in it.

lamb of god are pretty hard to understand bro. and most metal fans prefer the sound of older metal, which is why they say modern "metal" sucks, and because a lot of it appeals to teenagers (bullet for my valentine, trivium) its not being stuck in the past, its just not being satisfied with today's music. plus, its hard to get signed unless you have commercial appeal, which just about all of today's music has

Project Blaze
03-28-2010, 02:24 PM
I understand Lamb of God. Guess I'm the only one that prefers the more modern metal. Well.. and my brother. Sa la vie. I'm done with arguing about this, it's back-and-forth and going nowhere. So, my standpoint is modern metal is better, yours is vice versa. Let's just agree to disagree. I'm burned out with the whole thing.

Btw I haven't really listened too much to my heavier bands, so I'd have to change mine to Mudvayne.

EpsilonX
03-28-2010, 05:36 PM
personally, i'd consider lamb of god heavier than mudvayne, but all crush under the supreme heaviness of a flock of seagulls

Samus-Fan
03-28-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm gonna just throw my 2 cents in and say I prefer Modern Metal over Old Metal
My dad listens to Old Metal, which is the only time I hear it.
But when I listen to my modern day metal, I find it better to listen to, I just simply prefer it for no reason I know of, it just sounds better to me.
So no Infernal, you're not the only one who prefers it.

Project Blaze
03-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Actually I haven't been listening to much of heavy anything lately.. XD But if I had to choose from what I currently listen to.. well.. most of it is alternative or industrial. O_o Maybe KoRn, or maybe Nine Inch Nails.. I can't choose between those two. They're pretty equal in my book. :/ Sooo, I'm changing my band thingy. I haven't listened to Mudvayne for a while now. So, as far as what I'm listening to lately it'd have to either be KoRn or Nine Inch Nails. But I can't decide which one!! >_<

EDIT: (@ Samus) Sweetness! I'm not alone!! w00t!!! ^_^

jango
03-29-2010, 12:13 AM
i guess the heaviest bands i listen to are the distillers atm .. altho most of the other stuff is from a few years back

EpsilonX
03-29-2010, 12:57 AM
infernal i wasn't tryin to argue that older metal is better, its just the whole "if you don't listen to whats new you're stuck in the past" part that i had a problem with. i completely understand why somebody would like more modern stuff over older stuff. i know some people who only listen to the radio, and once a song is no longer on the radio they stop listening to it.

majunko
03-29-2010, 07:26 AM
well well children... lol no... iv been hiding out, iv missed some "discussion" but im here wit my 2cents now. So dont mind if i back track, 1stly lemme say i never intended to troll on anyones ass im just opinionated but i prefer this a good discussion then some angry devils advocate.
Samus my fav music was metal when i was 15 16 too dude i totally get this, i guess its just the energy and transition of teen to adult(im still in that limbo), i mean I had my sisters zeppelin,doors,janice joplin cds on my computer back then but i never listened to em. I remember being 10 and not liking rock at all, i guess my ears just didnt hear it the same way as i do now. I prefered hip hopity techno crap, then at like 13 i heard all these modern rock bands and "oh man" stuff i think is crap now but i liked it then. Then a year or 2 later it became METAL everything gut throat yellin rock n roll. Then at like 17 i started questioning it and i started liking more and more oldies til i appreciated them a lot more, lot more than that other stuff, and alot of that other stuff became "below me" and i dropped it. Not all but a lot.
Infernal dude your on to somethin with this "cool" thing i guess cool is a high standard for me but "fitting in" has nothing to do with it. I used to be like every teenage girl (still am)always thinking im so different, like these girls these days everyone of em, check their myspace 'about me' it always says something about "RaNDoM""oh im so random" im not sure these points r hittin home but this is my experience. But the "cool" thing, i guess im kinda chokin ppl with my personal views but i feel like people put too much emphasis in speed and heavy lyric, the things that they poll, the checklist to judge their music it bugs me and I'v seen dudes who think this way thats how alot of my friends think, "oh dragonforce, hes the best guitar player ever ya know" they always think they have these things down to a science based on speed solos and the ability to switch cords quick, i mean even jimmy page would suck if he moved like a granny but still, theres an intellect missing in so many too many modern bands and its effecting the children(dont even get me started on some conspiracy politics). Like, i like some metalllica songs, some real classics by them, but that burly truckers voice after awhile...man. Its about Music and composition and theres a trick to singing as to have it 'meant to be' sort of feeling. I guess thats my only point, n thats all it is is one guys opinion, its up to u ppl to judge and keep me on track.
But ya gotta realize that MY point is the minority, theres lots of old dudes whov run their course in life n still prefer that old stuff and dropped off the radio hits at some point, but what i see is all these kids loving all these goofy bands today and they claim its better than the old. Only time can tell, theres a bunch of crappy music from all times n ppl still like it. But the true classics will just keep being picked up and praised as the greatest, like i feel bout zeppe, some kid in 2110 will be arguing my same point in some forum some day to kids who prefer music by dudes who burn their finger bones down to the nuckles trying to out do each in speed.

Subb
04-01-2010, 01:02 AM
ok well after some careful thought and im prolly gunna get alot of wth's for this. But id have to say iwrestledabearonce is the heaviest band i listen to from time to time, with a female singer. 3 minutes in makes me lol after all the screaming before hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OsOzrApkvA&feature=fvw

Dess
04-01-2010, 06:33 AM
Six Feet Under, Hatebreed, Killswitch, Opeth, Cannibal Corpse, Fearfactory, Mastodon, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Marilyn Manson, Lamb of God, Slayer, Mudvayne, Drowning Pool, Pantera, and of course... Slipknot.

.... and that's just off the top of my head... lol.

Iceskater101
04-01-2010, 09:15 PM
lol the heaviest band I listen to is hollywood undead and that isn't even heavy really I don't listen to that much heavy music

Kink3bird
04-01-2010, 09:17 PM
The Tony Danza Tap-dance Extravaganza

Thrash3r
04-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Heaviest band would be Death because i realy dont like other death metal bands

Dess
04-09-2010, 12:58 AM
The Tony Danza Tap-dance Extravaganza

<3. I've seen them live a lot here in Nashville.

Kink3bird
04-09-2010, 01:34 AM
<3. I've seen them live a lot here in Nashville.

Super jealous right now. I need to see them, Emmure, and Protest the Hero live and my life will be complete haha

Dess
04-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Super jealous right now. I need to see them, Emmure, and Protest the Hero live and my life will be complete haha

A lot of my friends are in bands.. they played with them a lot... they're pretty cool guys. This was about 4 years ago though... fame does stuff to people.. like Chris Barnes from SFU, used to play with a friend a lot.. I dunno if they even talk anymore..

Yuuki
04-11-2010, 11:23 AM
The first band that comes to mind is Bring Me The Horizon.

EpsilonX
04-11-2010, 12:41 PM
The first band that comes to mind is Bring Me The Horizon.

*cries*

here, listen to this instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbfDPkyt5ws

a deathcore song that's actually good D: