PDA

View Full Version : Yet ANOTHER new DS. 3DS.

LemonRising
03-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Nintendo has announced the 3DS, a new hand-held system set for release before March 2011 in Japan. This new system will be fully unveiled at this year's E3 show in June.

While details are a bit slim as of now, the announcement stated the console would incorporate 3D technology without the need for players to wear special glasses. The 3DS will also be backwards compatible with all DS and DSi software.

Several Japanese news outlets have reported on still unconfirmed features for the device. These include a new joystick, force-feedback, and increases in battery and wireless support.

3DS Announced (http://ds.ign.com/articles/107/1079233p1.html)
Additional 3DS Details (http://ds.ign.com/articles/107/1079262p1.html)

SO
I'm glad I didn't give in and buy the new DSi.
I will admit that I'm more interested in games being more 3D, instead of movies.
Whaddaya guys think?

EpsilonX
03-23-2010, 09:23 PM
No. I refuse to get this. 3D is stupid enough on movies. 3D is distracting, lets see people play shooters in 3D. yeah, i doubt they'll be able to.

LiNuX
03-23-2010, 09:24 PM
3DS....

The last Nintendo Handheld I bought was my Gameboy color. I highly doubt I'll get this although I'd like to see how the games would handle in 3D and how exactly you'd view them. Would be annoying if you needed to wear those glasses every time.

LemonRising
03-23-2010, 09:33 PM
well apparently you wont need glasses, which is why im interested really.

i dont think itd be like 3dmovie 3d.
from what littles been released anyways.

I might just get the new DSi and say f it.

EpsilonX
03-23-2010, 10:01 PM
maybe they'll have a screen, and a semi-transparant screen above it. the top screen displays some things, while the underneath screen displays other things, which results in a 3D-like effect? Not sure if that's possible though

LiNuX
03-23-2010, 11:00 PM
maybe they'll have a screen, and a semi-transparant screen above it. the top screen displays some things, while the underneath screen displays other things, which results in a 3D-like effect? Not sure if that's possible though

I just pictured it...looks annoying in my imagination. I'd rather have a 2D screen. Games nowadays are in 3D anyway, they just don't pop out at you in the real world.

LemonRising
03-23-2010, 11:09 PM

They mentioned something about the screen so that may be close.

I'm really not sure what to expect especially from such a small surface.

Iceskater101
03-25-2010, 10:23 PM
hmm interesting..
Its kinda weird though how 3D is the new thing
like back a few years ago the only 3D movie was spy kids game over lol but now because of avatar and everything is getting 3Dafied.
anyways that was kinda off topic
but I don't want to keep paying 170 dollars to buy a new DS if a new one comes out every year

thedeparted
03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
I wanna see how it looks and what the possible launch games will be at E3

Charlotte
03-27-2010, 02:37 AM
yehaaa, good job japanese. hope to see the new released.!!