PDA

View Full Version : Which band(s) do you listen to the most?

Project Blaze
03-24-2010, 09:07 PM
I don't mean list every single band that you listen to, just the ones that you find yourself listening to more than the others. I'm curious about what your guys' preferences are. ^_^

For me it's more than one:
Powerman 5000
Ayria
Mudvayne
Seether
Nickelback
kidneythieves
Puscifer
Tool
A Perfect Circle

Not too bad considering the plethera of bands that are in my arsenal. XD So c'mon! Let's see what kinda kikin' bands ya listen to! ^_^

EpsilonX
03-24-2010, 11:31 PM
EpsilonX2’s Music Profile – Users at Last.fm (http://www.last.fm/user/epsilonx2)

for those too lazy to click a link, here are my top few bands:
Queen
Megadeth
Dream Theater
Van Halen
Pink Floyd
Rush
Metallica
Styx

i'd say Genesis, but i don't know enough of their work.

Iceskater101
03-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Family Force 5
Daughtry
The Beatles
Sister Hazel
Bon Jovi
Hollywood Undead
Linkin Park
Nickelback

EpsilonX
03-26-2010, 12:32 PM
people actually like nickelback? i didn't know that >.>

LiNuX
03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Linkin Park
Skillet
Evanescence
Limp Bizkit
Drowning Pool
Metallica
Rev Theory
Seether
3 Doors Down

not as much metallica or seether as I used to but still have plenty of their music and always listen when it pops up on my itunes.

majunko
03-26-2010, 11:17 PM
With Led Zeppelin what else matters? pink floyds the same way
guy mentioned Genesis idk many of their stuff either besides the radio bits (which youd hardly guess were genesis til the announcer enlightens you) but genesis has a 23 minute song called suppers ready, possibly my favorite song i heard it on sirius deep tracks and recorded it, iv looked it up online but it never sounded the same idk if its the raddy mp3 quality or what, crazy progressive music thats what I like

jango
03-26-2010, 11:28 PM
for me it's probably ..

placebo
muse
arctic monkeys
john lee hooker
the stone roses
rage against the machine
jeff buckley
bloc party
the jam
radiohead
the smiths
pulp

majunko
03-27-2010, 12:07 AM
i guess i went against the grain a bit so here goes i like the blues jazz and classical, anything from those genres il listen and inhale it for what it is, I like the blues from the originals Robert Johnson! ah to the next gen BBking etc to "rock" Animals, anything with the old crew Page Clapton Beck so on, to later days Stones Zeppy, Pink floyd(more jazz roots but w/e) moving on the Doors all that 60s 70s, eh the 80s idk? def leopards ok GNR. but i think the blues roots you'll find today(im about to make some enemys) is rap, not so much musically but lyrically the premace is basically the same 'oh my baby left me/back door man' 'gunna break down the doors gunnin' so yes i like rap also just the energy of it but most of it sucks and they have no idea whats goin on. but il be dead before i see any blues roots in todays gut throat metal music although i kinda like that also, as for my music tastes gotta be the oldies, and with led zeppelin already come n gone might as well put on an island the rest of my life cuz nothing will ever touch them. just 2 cents dont get so worked up.

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 12:12 AM
With Led Zeppelin what else matters? pink floyds the same way
guy mentioned Genesis idk many of their stuff either besides the radio bits (which youd hardly guess were genesis til the announcer enlightens you) but genesis has a 23 minute song called suppers ready, possibly my favorite song i heard it on sirius deep tracks and recorded it, iv looked it up online but it never sounded the same idk if its the raddy mp3 quality or what, crazy progressive music thats what I like

yea, genesis is basically progressive art rock until steve hackett left, and then they turned into enjoyable pop rock. check out the song "firth of fifth" theres a fantastic flute and guitar solo. Selling England by the Pound is an all-around great album. But man, Peter Gabriel is weird.

by the way, supper's ready is from the album foxtrot, so if you get that on cd or download it or whatever, you'll have the song.

majunko
03-27-2010, 12:34 AM
yea, genesis is basically progressive art rock until steve hackett left, and then they turned into enjoyable pop rock. check out the song "firth of fifth" theres a fantastic flute and guitar solo. Selling England by the Pound is an all-around great album. But man, Peter Gabriel is weird.

by the way, supper's ready is from the album foxtrot, so if you get that on cd or download it or whatever, you'll have the song.

yeah foxtrot, iv looked it up online but it always sounded different than i remember the radio, it like broke the voices up and I noticed the backup singer id never noticed before, sounded kinda boy bandish lyrically idk must have been the way mp3s chop up songs and ruin em like I said.
So EpsilonX youve heard suppers ready? I love the middle where he goes crazy, " A Flower?" then he starts in with that crazy british aristocrat voice, i love it, reminds me of the joker but with that crazy villian accent that somehow seems familiar. Plus all the bible quotes i appreciate that as well, feels like ya really see God by the end of it ;(

LemonRising
03-27-2010, 11:11 AM
UHM UHM

THE MISFITS
DANZIG ( I have a big crush on glenn, okay? <: )
BRUJERIA
BLACK SABBATH
SLAYER
VENOM
RAMONES
GWAR
MORBID ANGEL

idk I could go onnn and onnnnnnnnn

EpsilonX
03-27-2010, 11:20 AM
UHM UHM

THE MISFITS
DANZIG ( I have a big crush on glenn, okay? <: )
BRUJERIA
BLACK SABBATH
SLAYER
VENOM
RAMONES
GWAR
MORBID ANGEL

idk I could go onnn and onnnnnnnnn

possessed > venom.

at the megadeth concert, there was a fat bald guy with glasses held together by bandaids wearing a morbid angel shirt, it was lulz.

LemonRising
03-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Possessed may be good but they did not spark a whole new sub genre that is absolutely B.A.

ALSO LOL
That was me eps. It was totally me.
I keep bandaids in my pockets, alongside my cheetos.

Meow
04-08-2010, 11:29 PM
I will try and list my top ten bands:

Radiohead
Muse
Coldplay
Phoenix
Arcade Fire
Metric
Sam Roberts
Matthew Good // Matthew Good Band
The Trews
MGMT or DeadMau5

Thrash3r
04-08-2010, 11:44 PM
My Fav:
Megadeth
Metallica
Slayer
Morbid Saint
Violator
Anthrax

ViddaXondi
04-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Nirvana, Soad, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Metallica, Kings Of Leon.

RaiDae
04-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Skunk anansie
Rancid
Mighty mighty bostones
Reel big fish (probably)
...the pokemon theme songs....
The blues brothers..
then um... soil maybe... or soad... or nickleback... or ...no idea. Whatever random thing comes on the mp3

addam
04-12-2010, 04:30 AM
#1 right now - Belle & Sebastian

i tend to go on spurts where i listen to all of an artists music over and over and over

other favorites include Iron and Wine, Sufjan Stevens, Coldplay,...

crap, i probably just categorized myself.

Project Blaze
04-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Never heard of any of those except Coldplay. Can't remember where I heard that band name though. What genre are those bands? O_o

addam
04-12-2010, 03:46 PM
pretty much "funky ass easy listening" genre.

Belle and Sebastian are absolutely amazing. The type of band you may have to listen to a few times before you start to like them, but once you do, you'll be listening to all there music nonstop.

Songs you'll instantly like -

if she wants me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He0aIxpItBw
...i could list alot but you probably wont check all of it out, i just really like all the songs on 4 of there albums.

Tigermilk - Boy With The Arab Strap - The Life Pursuit - If your feeling sinister

Sufjan is another great artist, and alot of his songs are catchy enough that you will instantly like them.

Sufjan youtube search - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sufjan+stevens&aq=f

Then iron and wine - i don't know what to say other than i love pretty much every song by iron and wine and never get sick of them.

Project Blaze
04-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Well, unfortunately my dial-up connection isn't exactly "ideal" for watching youtube vids. -_- But I'll do some searches on iTunes and take a sample from those guys to see if I like 'em. :) Thanks for responding though, wasn't sure if you would for some reason. :/

Foto166
04-13-2010, 12:05 AM
I listen to....

Artic Monkeys
The Beatles
Black Eyed Peas ( Are they considered a band or an artist??)

Diligence109
04-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Meow, although I have not had the pleasure to really meet until this point, is my favorite.
Jango, you're a close second :P

Myself:
Radiohead
Dream Theater
Coldplay
Modest Mouse
Beck
Shinedown
Deftones
Animal Collective
Muse
and lots of local bands :)

Foto166
04-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Oh... Ur um... I forgot

Coldplay + Muse :3

Subb
04-13-2010, 02:39 AM
i listen to alot of
sublime
long beach shortbus
slightly stoopid
of course bucket head
gwar
dropkick murphy's
floggin molly
rancid
nofx
pennywise
guttermouth

i listen to all sorts of music depending on my current mood

Muffincat
04-13-2010, 05:15 PM
oh I thought I already posted in this thread but apparently not?

so woot mongooseosity’s Charts – Users at Last.fm (http://www.last.fm/user/mongooseosity/charts?rangetype=overall&subtype=artists)

and...yay. not exactly a perfect example but close enough.

RicketyCricket
05-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
LCD Soundsystem
Band of Skulls
Muse
The XX
Miike Snow
Dandy Warhols
Silversun Pickups
MGMT
Queens of the Stone Age
Eagles of Death Metal
Them Crooked Vultures

youthism_is_me
05-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Relientk, Sanctus Real , P!ATD , Five iron Frenzy , Skillet < disturbed

EpsilonX
05-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Epsilon_X’s Music Profile – Users at Last.fm (http://www.last.fm/user/epsilon_x)

i'd have a lot more like underground metal stuff but i don't have them on the computer. so i've just been youtubin it up.

Jokersvirus
05-13-2010, 01:33 AM
Lets see here,

We got:

Skipknot
Breaking benjamin
Seether
Shine Down
Mudvayne
Chevelle
Trust Company
Metallica

in no real order.

there is alot of bands I refuse to name them all lol

RicketyCricket
05-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Lets see here,

We got:

Skipknot
Breaking benjamin
Seether
Shine Down
Mudvayne
Chevelle
Trust Company
Metallica

in no real order.

there is alot of bands I refuse to name them all lol

Not too bad of a list. I really dont care for screamo heavy metal music but I like a few Metallica songs

EpsilonX
05-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Not too bad of a list. I really dont care for screamo heavy metal music but I like a few Metallica songs

screamo heavy metal? lolololololololololololololololololololololol

try this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esgh_tyH3Uc

LemonRising
05-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Post the stuff that isn't? <:

EpsilonX
05-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Half of the stuff I listen to nowadays isn't even in English but I'll post the stuff that is:

Five Finger Death Punch
Saliva
Disturbed (been fan for so many years, it's just hard to drop them)
Godsmack
Lamb of God

disturbed pretty much sound exactly like the other bands on that list.

Muffincat
05-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Post the stuff that isn't? <:

I second this.

Muffincat
05-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Man, I'm getting really bad at reading posts, I keep skipping stuff even though I swear I've read it. I suppose I can post some of the other stuff I listen to. My music taste is pretty vast but I'll post some of the stuff I've been listening to recently.

For starters, you can't not have Morning Musume (mostly Reina, lol) in your musical arsenal;
htt p://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=WoPywmE7nBs

Reina Tanaka of Morning Musume;
htt p://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=RldZVs2GyTU

Second, I'm actually not opposed to some rap, which is very unusual for me but I like this Korean fellow;
htt p://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=LCiGy8ezWrI
htt p://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=UGtgVf8ACe8

I'm somewhat big on anime soundtracks/openings and the like but I'm very picky, an example of what I do like;
htt p://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=Srf5QbJgJZk

I've neglected my jrock collection for a while but it's definitely worth noting a couple groups;
htt p://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=rh4ffH7ZG_Y
htt p://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=vDXaWuLb3r0

Note the two spaces in each link, I didn't want to embed that many videos. Anyway, enjoy (doubtful).

I seriously giggled at the fact that you listen to morning musume. They're not really my style..but...oh man. I had a good laugh :P

In other news, <3 D'espairsRay; also they are incredible live <3 And Gazette is all right. :P

tay823
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm a huge paramore fan

Subb
05-24-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm a huge paramore fan

NOOOOOO take that back lol

tay823
05-24-2010, 03:46 PM
lol awww why! you dont like them?

RaiDae
05-24-2010, 04:01 PM
lol awww why! you dont like them?

I'd rather listen to a goblin setting it's bum on fire than have to listen to them. (A goblin on fire is a bad sound btw)

Subb
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I'd rather listen to a goblin setting it's bum on fire than have to listen to them. (A goblin on fire is a bad sound btw)

Well said Rai.... cheers

tay823
05-24-2010, 04:17 PM
awwww so harsh Rai! haha no biggie we all have diff taste in music

Subb
05-24-2010, 04:41 PM
awwww so harsh Rai! haha no biggie we all have diff taste in music

Exactly i dont judge u on it at all. after all ur kewl in my book u own a 360 :)

EpsilonX
05-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Maybe so, and?

well it seems like you felt you had to justify listening to disturbed, but when they're pretty similar to the rest of the bands you listed, i don't see why youd have to justify it

aggrezer
05-25-2010, 02:48 PM
have been listening to old stuff lately...i think old school materials are still the best...genre range from pop, punk, hardcore, metal, death etc. i use to listen lots of metal in the past...i still listen to them now infact but will chilled with some other mellow songs. My fav bands are Slayer, Metallica (past) "justice for all" era, Cerebral Fix, Possessed (beyond the gates), Arch enemy, in flames, Decide, Amon Amarth...last but not least Chthonic from Taiwan. I shall end this with a respect to Paul Gray of Slipknot. May he rest in peace.

EpsilonX
05-28-2010, 08:37 PM
have been listening to old stuff lately...i think old school materials are still the best...genre range from pop, punk, hardcore, metal, death etc. i use to listen lots of metal in the past...i still listen to them now infact but will chilled with some other mellow songs. My fav bands are Slayer, Metallica (past) "justice for all" era, Cerebral Fix, Possessed (beyond the gates), Arch enemy, in flames, Decide, Amon Amarth...last but not least Chthonic from Taiwan. I shall end this with a respect to Paul Gray of Slipknot. May he rest in peace.

woah, somebody who likes beyond the gates better than seven churches? wat is this!? i like beyond the gates way more. the only song i can ever remember from seven churches is fallen angel.

Project Blaze
05-28-2010, 09:21 PM
after all ur kewl in my book u own a 360 :)

So I'm not kewl cuz I got a PS3? Man, that's wack. ;_;

Btw I think I forgot to add Godsmack to my list... :/

DreamsideDominion
06-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Epsilon_X’s Music Profile – Users at Last.fm (http://www.last.fm/user/epsilon_x)

i'd have a lot more like underground metal stuff but i don't have them on the computer. so i've just been youtubin it up.

I dont know what kind of metal your into, but look up the band Necrophagist. The guitarist is amazing. Its Tech Death Metal.

EpsilonX
06-18-2010, 12:20 PM
I dont know what kind of metal your into, but look up the band Necrophagist. The guitarist is amazing. Its Tech Death Metal.

i know necrophagist. they're kinda eh in my book. Good, but i'd rather listen to something else

by the way, i have another account now

epsdude's Music Profile (http://www.last.fm/user/epsdude)

Project Blaze
06-18-2010, 02:23 PM
I don't really listen to regular Metal anymore. These are the bands I listen to the most now:

Aesthetic Perfection
Tactical Sekt
Combichrist
Psyclon Nine

And once in a while some Meshuggah

EpsilonX
06-18-2010, 08:51 PM
lol Meshuggah? Totally dont seem like ur kind of thing

Project Blaze
06-21-2010, 08:40 PM
My tastes have changed a bit. Besides, I've had Obzen and Catch 33 ever since they were released, so waste not want not I guess.

EpsilonX
06-21-2010, 08:45 PM
you could mail them to me. along with a sealed copy of destroy erase improve ;-)

Project Blaze
06-21-2010, 08:46 PM
lol I only give out my address to people I know won't stalk and all. :-P

glenofimaal
07-31-2010, 12:02 AM
I listen to Led Zeppelin the most :)

Project Blaze
07-31-2010, 08:23 AM
I think I should refine my list a little. I don't really listen to like 20 random bands the most. lol

#1: Powerman 5000
#2: Static-X
#3: Puscifer
#4: A Perfect Circle
#5: Tool
#6: Godsmack

There we go. Mush smaller list, more accurate list. lol

EpsilonX
07-31-2010, 10:00 AM
yeah, I should do that too.

Dream Theater
Avenged Sevenfold
Rush
Slayer
Opeth

been listening to them a lot lately.

Project Blaze
07-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Gah! Thief!! You stole my idea! lol jk
Took me forever to actually find the post that I made listing like.. 25 bands. lmao I hardly, if ever, listen to some/most of those bands now. I love blaring Powerman 5000 and Static-X (which I have in a single playlist called "Cosmic Destruction" ^_^) to Mech gamez. It fitz perfektly!! w000t! XD Gotta love those Mech gamez. ^_^