PDA

View Full Version : Peekaboo, Heavily Updated

Cleril
03-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I updated Peekaboo a lot so feel free to download the latest and greatest from me, Cleril Calamity Studios (just a name).

peekaboox.exe (http://www.mediafire.com/?nziyezmmkmh)

Psychological horror game without combat, just puzzles, and scares.

Remember to give feedback!

Samus-Fan
03-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Nice!
Thanks for the update, I'm gonna download this and I'll let you now what I think, I loved the original demo.

Thanks for the update!

Cleril
03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Nice!
Thanks for the update, I'm gonna download this and I'll let you now what I think, I loved the original demo.

Thanks for the update!

Heh, your welcome. Didn't know I had a very small fanbase here.

I'll go put up Haven 2. It's only the introduction though...

Samus-Fan
03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey, I love your games.
I think you need to continue with them, they're great in my opinion

Did you add 1 new room?
If so, it's a hard room you added, I can't figure it out, I keep dying

Cleril
03-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Hey, I love your games.
I think you need to continue with them, they're great in my opinion

Did you add 1 new room?
If so, it's a hard room you added, I can't figure it out, I keep dying

The hint to the solution is the childhood rhyme said.

The new room isn't that hard at all to solve...it's more of a scare room, as well as a plot point.

I'm continuing with my games it's just that I don't post much information here, considering changing that.

Besides the 1 room I added I also fixed a glitch and added new content to the other rooms, the voice acting (done by me), and a drawing in the Ashes to Ashes room.

Basically, more sound, new graphics (for the third room), voice acting by me (those original voice overs were just sounds I found), which makes a much better atmosphere.

Making rooms requires me to find a rhyme I can work with and make some type of puzzle with. There are some horrible rhymes out there. ;)

EpsilonX
03-30-2010, 10:30 PM
ill probably play this later, but you should consider making something like this but in a forest.

Cleril
03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
ill probably play this later, but you should consider making something like this but in a forest.

...Why? I mean I could but....it's like cheating really. With a forest you have most of the area not visible and it's a lot more open than anything indoors. The problem with it is the lack of more than 1 tree graphic in VX....well, one that's suitable to a forest terrain.

Anyway I think the mansion suites it fine, it's not like Resident Evil, there's no combat and hell, there are no enemies.

Samus-Fan
03-30-2010, 10:40 PM
I got my 2 normal rooms, and I solved the dream, but when I wake up it tells me there's a gem, but I can't find it / pick it up
When I go to the door it's telling me I don't have the gem, so I dunno.
I'm loving this game though, keep updating it!

EpsilonX
03-30-2010, 10:42 PM
...Why? I mean I could but....it's like cheating really. With a forest you have most of the area not visible and it's a lot more open than anything indoors. The problem with it is the lack of more than 1 tree graphic in VX....well, one that's suitable to a forest terrain.

Anyway I think the mansion suites it fine, it's not like Resident Evil, there's no combat and hell, there are no enemies.

then play the linearity card. have lots of trees and a linear path. but a forest is a good place for horror imo.

Cleril
03-30-2010, 10:49 PM
then play the linearity card. have lots of trees and a linear path. but a forest is a good place for horror imo.

Eh, don't see the need for it I guess. I kind of throw a bit of horror into some of my other games, Haven, and Haven 2 (introduction thread is in the Roleplaying forum, downloadable) for example. I don't think I'd make another horror game right now, got plenty of work to do on the rest of my games to start a new project. ;)

EpsilonX
03-30-2010, 11:14 PM
well i'm not saying now, just someday. i always liked forest settings.