PDA

View Full Version : New PSP to come out in september

Eric
07-16-2007, 07:29 PM
There is a new PSP coming out in september. The only addons are it is lighter, and has faster loading times (for games).

From reading on forums, many will not be upgrading to the new one until a price drops, as it is not worth it at this time.

I myself just bought the old one, so I am set for awhile. In my opinion it is not worth my $200 to upgrade for those only 2 addons, so I will wait until a later time, when the price lowers.

If I start making enough money online, I may use the cash from that though ;)

I will be upgrading maybe next year, when the price drops ;)

What are your thoughts on this?

lonewolfxix
07-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Totally useless if you already own a normal PSP, good if you don't. oh and your sig says "gamers forum super moderator" pwned :P

TheKing
07-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Well im still waiting for the old psp to drop again to a lower price, so thats a no for the newer version

Gerrit
07-19-2007, 12:04 AM
hmmm, i couldn't really find anything new googling it.
Can any one provide a link? Preferbly to some Concept pictures or so.
Sounds interesting.. I guess the price factor would be the most bothersome part.

LiNuX
07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
i already heard about it coming out a while ago and the features on it are already on the first one, no point in buying this one cuz it'll be lighter in ur pocket, and i can wait 90 secs for my midnite club to load lol :D

thanks for the info!

lonewolfxix
07-19-2007, 08:58 PM
It's just a little thinner and lighter, abit like the new DS compared to the older one, really no difference, I saw it and thought of posting it here but then read it and thought "is it really worth posting about it?"

LiNuX
07-19-2007, 10:31 PM
doesnt matter lol, and there are two versions of DS? lol first time hearing of that, not a big DS fan so i never payed attention to new ones or new games coming out.

Gamoc
07-20-2007, 09:46 AM
The DS is the original.

The DS Lite is the newer one, and it's not just smaller and lighter. It looks better, the battery life is supposedly better, the screen can be brighter and has more brightness levels.

It's better, but it's not significantly better.

LiNuX
07-20-2007, 10:11 AM
oh yea the DS Lite, i dont think i've seen one up close tho, played the Normal DS at friends' and stores but not this one, dont think so.

and about the psp 2, it doesnt sound too promising.

lonewolfxix
07-20-2007, 10:11 AM
It's just a little update to get more people to buy it, it's a lot easier to hold too, but neither of them are worth getting for someone who has already got the original, yes there are 2 DS'. Personally I don't bother with handheld gaming so I can't really give my views of either DS though I've tried both for the simple fact both of them i got bored of easily with the games my friends had for them :D

LiNuX
07-20-2007, 10:13 AM
of course its to get people to buy it, PSPs arent selling much anymore if you didnt notice, its pretty old now and the price cut to $169 didnt help much

but when i was at my orientation, my psp got me thru some boring times lol, that was lke a few hours tho :)

lonewolfxix
07-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Here they all keep breaking, when it was originally announced god knows when I really wanted one but I don't know.. Every time I do get a hand held console I just use it when I should be in bed and it gets taken off me, I haven't seen my GamePark in a year or 2 :spinny: Maybe I'll find it when I clear out my dad's stuff XD

LiNuX
07-20-2007, 10:59 AM
i havent broken any consoles yet, i mean my genesis stopped working properly but not broken, all my handhelds are perfect, from my gameboy (the old one) to my newest PSP

Gamoc
07-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I've never broken a console either. I got a playstation on the day it came out, which I sold 2 years after getting a PS2, (which I got on PS2 UK launch day), neither of them stopped working. I also have a gamecube which works perfectly, and gameboy colour that works perfectly, and DS Lite Black that works perfectly. And an N-Gage QD that works perfectly.

Interesting. I've dropped the last 3 many times (GBC, DSL, NGQD). The DS Lite is supposed to be easy to break, but I've dropped it down the stairs and it still works perfectly.

LiNuX
07-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I've never broken a console either. I got a playstation on the day it came out, which I sold 2 years after getting a PS2, (which I got on PS2 UK launch day), neither of them stopped working. I also have a gamecube which works perfectly, and gameboy colour that works perfectly, and DS Lite Black that works perfectly. And an N-Gage QD that works perfectly.

Interesting. I've dropped the last 3 many times (GBC, DSL, NGQD). The DS Lite is supposed to be easy to break, but I've dropped it down the stairs and it still works perfectly.

reminds me of the episode of scrubs where he threw the phone out the window and it fell 4 stories without a scratch lol

i've dropped my psp and game boy so many times, they still work lol, its the power within that counts:spinny:

Eric
07-22-2007, 04:57 PM
I've only ever broken 1 console, which was a ps2, from overuse. The thing was literally on like 24/7, and it was the fat one, not the slim.

Did break a laptop from rage though ;)

Gamoc
07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
reminds me of the episode of scrubs where he threw the phone out the window and it fell 4 stories without a scratch lol

i've dropped my psp and game boy so many times, they still work lol, its the power within that counts:spinny:

hehe, I've seen that one ;)

And I've never broken a console, but I don't understand HOW I've not broken one. Every one of my consoles has been dropped. The DS Lite, N-Gage, GBC have all been dropped down the stairs numerous times, and the DS was dropped onto a concrete floor (isn't even scratched). Also, my mobile has been dropped down the stairs once too.

mexicoliveson
07-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Actually if you followed the reports you'd know PSP has been the best selling gaming device behind the PS2/Wii/DS for several months. This is good because with the new PSP it will have shorter loadtimes and longer battery life

LiNuX
07-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Actually if you followed the reports you'd know PSP has been the best selling gaming device behind the PS2/Wii/DS for several months. This is good because with the new PSP it will have shorter loadtimes and longer battery life

you've double posted a few times on this forum, please try to avoid that

and psp being number 4 isnt very bad nor very good but to them its bad, being number 4 means less sales than nintendo and they are trying to compete with the ds now

suly
07-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Anyone here have an xbox 360? If so, have you had any problems with it? It seems MSFT has had to invest 1B to compensate for systems that choked.

LiNuX
07-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Anyone here have an xbox 360? If so, have you had any problems with it? It seems MSFT has had to invest 1B to compensate for systems that choked.

can you try not to go off topic, thead is basically a PSP discussion, if you want to discuss xbox 360 please open a new thread

thanks!

wifi
07-30-2007, 09:01 AM
psp2 huh, i dont even have the first one, played it a few times and i give it an OK rating :-p, lets see how the new one does in the market