PDA

View Full Version : magic the gathering anybody?

FR[]ST
04-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Anyone play it, have cards, play it on xbox live arcade, or played in tornaments?

Diligence109
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
HEEEEEELLLLL YES.

I have the forreal cards, and would LOVE to webcam a game with anyone here. You aint ready for my blue/green merfolk deck - I hope you don't mind your entire board being tapped out FOREVER. :P

I never played tournaments and I play mostly just casual legacy matches. I started a thread about this a while back, I think, but I'm too lazy to find it.

Someone hit me up to play sometime!

EpsilonX
04-01-2010, 12:40 PM
i have a mono black control deck that pretty much rapes at (non sanctioned)tournaments. some dude was using a tournament level combo elf deck and i destroyed it.

you'd probably beat me though, it's a slow deck.

i wanna get the XBL thing.

FR[]ST
04-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Dudes!!!!! My blue counter/card control/deck manip. Deck beats all by not letting you play a thing then when you do get to I steal it.

EpsilonX
04-01-2010, 02:31 PM
that doesn't sound fun haha. i see gamers forum is a fan of control decks.

jango
04-01-2010, 02:35 PM
ST;203523'].. beats all by not letting you play a thing then when you do get to I steal it.

i know nothing about these types of games, so forgive my ignorance, but to me it seems crazy to have the ability to not actually let the other person play :O

EpsilonX
04-01-2010, 02:48 PM
i know nothing about these types of games, so forgive my ignorance, but to me it seems crazy to have the ability to not actually let the other person play :O

well, you can lock down their board by tapping all their stuff and using cards that make them skip their untap step. and you can use counterspells to counter whatever they play. its actually annoyingly easy to gain control of the field like this.

jango
04-01-2010, 03:01 PM
well, you can lock down their board by tapping all their stuff and using cards that make them skip their untap step. and you can use counterspells to counter whatever they play. its actually annoyingly easy to gain control of the field like this.

wow .. sounds like hacks!

EpsilonX
04-01-2010, 03:15 PM
wow .. sounds like hacks!

there are so many broken cards its not even funny.

Diligence109
04-01-2010, 04:01 PM
...the ability to not actually let the other person play :O

In MTG, we call this "Blue."

jango
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
In MTG, we call this "Blue."

well, i guess you learn something every day .. however, i have no idea what to do with this information :P

EpsilonX
04-01-2010, 04:30 PM
well, i guess you learn something every day .. however, i have no idea what to do with this information :P

learn the game.

jango
04-01-2010, 04:34 PM
learn the game.

nah i'll pass, but you fellas have fun :)

FR[]ST
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
ok ok so i do agree very much that my deck is a "hack" but this is only the fault of the quick fire quick draw decks. plus my deck is severely flawed for the sole reason that it relies heavily on +2 mana so takes a few turns but after that you get no chance. i would call my deck more of a hit or miss deck.

BobTD
04-01-2010, 09:37 PM
the xbox live version has limited cards, buts its pretty well balanced so far from she I have seen.

MTG used to be a lot more fun IMO. They ran out of ideas and starting granting more abilities for less mana, I dont really enjoy playing when all these new decks have an advantage on my cards. =P

I will stick with my old, old, old decks thank you.

EpsilonX
04-01-2010, 10:16 PM
the xbox live version has limited cards, buts its pretty well balanced so far from she I have seen.

MTG used to be a lot more fun IMO. They ran out of ideas and starting granting more abilities for less mana, I dont really enjoy playing when all these new decks have an advantage on my cards. =P

I will stick with my old, old, old decks thank you.

i stopped playing when kamigawa came out. after that i feel like it went downhill. theres a card that lets you add 1 mana of any color whenever you play a land or something like that.

FR[]ST
04-02-2010, 09:02 AM
yes yes I agree. Ill have you know that I had a ton of original cards I mean a ton and I had a meny a deck. Then my mom cleaned house one day while I was out and there they went....sux..... so I recently got into it again thus the all new cards, but some or a lot of these card are actually remakes of the old ones. As for the mana thing you guys were taLkin about. Just cus you can add mana of any color to the pool really dosent mean much......most green cards let you do this kind of thing and not to mention all the artifacts that allow you to double your mana or what not. The problem for me isn't the cards its the lack of ppl to play with.

KittyCat72
04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
I played once... on my very first try I took out all three players (including my band teacher) single handed. I think I'll stick with Yu-Gi-Oh though.

EpsilonX
04-07-2010, 12:08 AM
ST;203696']yes yes I agree. Ill have you know that I had a ton of original cards I mean a ton and I had a meny a deck. Then my mom cleaned house one day while I was out and there they went....sux..... so I recently got into it again thus the all new cards, but some or a lot of these card are actually remakes of the old ones. As for the mana thing you guys were taLkin about. Just cus you can add mana of any color to the pool really dosent mean much......most green cards let you do this kind of thing and not to mention all the artifacts that allow you to double your mana or what not. The problem for me isn't the cards its the lack of ppl to play with.

its not mana that's the problem, but its mad mana accelleration.

http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/tcg/products/zendikar/h1bs2y5wfz/EN/0168_MTGZEN_EN_LR.jpg

turn 1: forest, exploration.
turn 2: forest, lotus cobra, forest, lotus cobra
turn 3: forest, forest. 7 mana. what you're gonna do with it idk, but its there.

Jaykub
04-07-2010, 10:05 PM
I need to show you guys my MTG cards. I'll get a picture in the next few days

EpsilonX
04-07-2010, 11:58 PM
i have a lord of the pit from beta. it's kinda beat up but still pretty badass, i love old school cards.

my favorite is juzam djinn

http://vandel.dk/magic/black/Juzam%20Djinn.jpg

ShadowMantis
04-22-2010, 06:02 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMFG!!!

I LOVE THAT GAME!
OK I WILL PLAY ANYONE!!

C'mon whos up 2 lose to the Queen of GAMES!
lol

EpsilonX
04-22-2010, 08:41 PM
i've been itching to play some magic lately. somebody webcam game me or somethin

ZXDarknessfalls
06-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Been a while since someone has posted here.

Just wanted to say firstly that I love MTG, and would be willing to webcam this game when I buy a new webcam for my laptop. Anyone have any decks they wanna post on here and share?
I myself have A Lot of decks and many of them are themed but the one I just made is a straight Eldrazi deck (From one of the newer sets, Rize of Eldrazi).

Based on getting large creatures out such as this:
http://www.cardkingdom.com/media/images/products/standard/130694_1.jpg

I would post more on what kind of decks i build but only if this thread becomes of interest to others again.

sabila1230
08-13-2011, 03:56 AM
that doesn't sound fun haha. i see gamers forum is a fan of control decks.

hahahaha

EpsilonX
08-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Control is about the only way I know how to play, since I'm so used to it. I occasionally try a creature-based deck, but I feel so helpless when I don't have control over everything.

Sholly
08-15-2011, 07:45 AM
I have played a couple times with my brother, but he always beats me so I find it kind of boring.

Though, sometimes the game gets intense.

Psychotray
08-15-2011, 08:05 AM
We have massive Magic competitions in our library at school, its pretty fun to watch :D

Sholly
08-15-2011, 08:07 AM
They use to play at my school, but the HNIC stoped :(

ZXDarknessfalls
12-21-2011, 01:07 AM
I wish this thread was shown some more love so i had someplace to talk about magic with people who understand me : (

Live thread... Live!

Mizel
12-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Ummm.... I love MTG! *jumps up and down* :D

No one here to play with anymore though and I miss it so :( Also, I havent really been interested in the new decks, are they any good?

EpsilonX
12-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Cards are just getting more and more broken, it's ridiculous

http://www.essentialmagicimages.com/81/47854.jpg

I mean, cmon. What on earth is this? How did this get printed!?!?

I play legacy.

Mizel
12-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Wow, that’s ridiculous lol I play an elf deck, I love it.