PDA

View Full Version : Gaming on the iPad

RicketyCricket
04-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Anybody here get an iPad just to play games?

Dess
04-06-2010, 03:09 PM
I was thinking about getting one, but I have an iPhone already.. when I played with an iPad at BestBuy, they just seemed to be blown up iPhones... so I don't think I will..

RicketyCricket
04-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Nice. Yeah I have an iPhone too. What games have you downloaded for yours?

LiNuX
04-06-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't even buy consoles just to game anymore. My motto is that if it's not on PC, I'll play it at someone else's house.

Haven't touched the iPad though. Saw David Letterman use it the other day.

Dess
04-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Virtual Families, Fish Tycoon, Hanged, Life,My lil Bastard, Pocket God, Ping, Boggle, Sims3, Clue, TapTap Revenge.... annnd Call of Duty Zombies...lol

Kenoi
04-06-2010, 05:20 PM
I kinda have a similar 'quote' like what linux says.... not PC related tho.
but anyway, gaming on the ipad... its kinda like the ipod touch, just with a bigger screen.

LemonRising
04-06-2010, 10:31 PM
I like the idea of the hp slate..
More like an ipad plus small laptop.
idk

Not interested in the ipad at all really.
For gaming or otherwise

Jaykub
04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Gaming on something made by apple?

-_- not a good idea bro

Kink3bird
04-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't even buy consoles just to game anymore. My motto is that if it's not on PC, I'll play it at someone else's house.

Haven't touched the iPad though. Saw David Letterman use it the other day.

Your missin out dude. I use to be a hardcore pcer like yourself but consoles are just getting better and better. To spend 300 bucks on a console and not have to worry about upgrading for about 5 or 6 years is just taking a sledgehammer to a computers face and asking if it feels lucky.

LiNuX
04-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Your missin out dude. I use to be a hardcore pcer like yourself but consoles are just getting better and better. To spend 300 bucks on a console and not have to worry about upgrading for about 5 or 6 years is just taking a sledgehammer to a computers face and asking if it feels lucky.

That's just how you feel. Not the way I look at it. The types of games I play are better off played on a PC, for me at least. I mostly play FPS games and I am terrible at FPS on consoles so I don't see why I should bother. Most other game types don't even come close to the fun I get from blowing someone's head off.

Kink3bird
04-07-2010, 11:21 PM
That's just how you feel. Not the way I look at it. The types of games I play are better off played on a PC, for me at least. I mostly play FPS games and I am terrible at FPS on consoles so I don't see why I should bother. Most other game types don't even come close to the fun I get from blowing someone's head off.

I bet I've played BF2 with you back in the day, I was crazy addicted to that on the PC and refused to get it for Xbox haha

LiNuX
04-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Maybe you have. I haven't played BF2 in ages.

Charlotte
04-08-2010, 12:16 AM
hmm, nah I decided to keep up with my console and pc, ipad is not ideal for gaming for me.

Diligence109
04-08-2010, 12:53 PM
the iPad isn't really intended for gaming at all. It's also a terrible concept, imo, and I'm right with Lemon and the HP slate.

However, through the use of some cloud computing, someone managed to use an iPad to play Cyrsis (http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/03/crysis-ipad-video/), which is pretty ridiculous and kinda cool.

RicketyCricket
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I was thinking about getting one, but I have an iPhone already.. when I played with an iPad at BestBuy, they just seemed to be blown up iPhones... so I don't think I will..

HAHA totally agree with you man!

I just watched this hokey video on facebook about something called The Human Tetris Project. Have you heard of it?? Must be a new Tetris game or something

Convinced me right there to go download it for my iPad.

Whoops forgot to leave the link to the trailer for it Human Tetris Project (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=836979125063&ref=mf#!/video/video.php?v=836979125063&ref=mf)

EpsilonX
04-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Whoops forgot to leave the link to the trailer for it Human Tetris Project (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=836979125063&ref=mf#!/video/video.php?v=836979125063&ref=mf)

edit button. it's there for a reason

@kink...whatever: personally, even though consoles are getting better, i'm losing interest in them each generation. i'm a big supporter of the "less is moar" way of thinking, and games these days are so detailed and complex it takes away a lot of the fun.

um...i'm not sure exactly what an iPad is tbh. is it just like a thing you carry around and can store apps on?

Iceskater101
04-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I figure that I since I already have a touch,
I am not going to shelve out 400 bucks for this bigger version

pinoyaussie
04-11-2010, 06:07 AM
I havent got my ipad yet.

LemonRising
04-12-2010, 11:34 AM
http://images.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ipad_scrabble-big.jpg

RicketyCricket
04-12-2010, 01:25 PM
@Epsilon sorry couldn't find the edit it button at first!

@Lemon Rising.

Funny line from The Colbert Report about the iPad: "Just like the iPhone, it doesn't make calls" haha

Ọọọọ∥γɑяɩɒɧ॰ʞɑɲ
04-12-2010, 07:38 PM
The ipad is cool but is innecesary like every product of apple

Diligence109
04-13-2010, 12:19 AM

yes, unnecessary like the computer I am using to make this post...
>.<

Lemon, let it be known that you are still ABSOLUTELY AMAZING :twitcy:

Foto166
04-13-2010, 12:42 AM
I agree with most people here, the iPad is just a really big iTouch or iPhone.... Maybe better graphics or different games, but iPads probably wont be that different in terms of gaming compared to the awesome iTouch and iPhone games.

RicketyCricket
04-13-2010, 04:24 PM

How come your such a hater? iPad is gonna save the print industry and revolutionize mobile gaming. Have you even tried one out yet?

Kink3bird
04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Are you guys high? Theres no reason for ipads other then to make apple more money

RicketyCricket
04-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Are you guys high? Theres no reason for ipads other then to make apple more money

Spoken like someone who has never used one before! Don't hate on em yet. Try one out and play a few games out on it, and ill be you become a believer

Kink3bird
04-13-2010, 06:51 PM
I have played it, my hipster friend picked it up not too long ago and really found no use for it.

If I want to play a game I'll play it on a game system. If I want to play a game on the go, I'll take a Gameboy. If I want to use the internet, then I'll wait until I get home or if I'm so desperate, use my NV-3.

The fact is your trying to make it seem like a revolutionary device. It's a ipod touch with a bigger screen and bigger price tag.

LemonRising
04-14-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm good with my DS, PSP, and Gameboy Colour.

Ipads are just a huge expensive waste of money.

BAM

Dess
04-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Honestly.. If I didn't already have an iPhone I'd probably get one... but when I played with the one in BestBuy it just seemed like an overgrown iPhone... so I'll pass. It's nothing against apple at all, it's just the fact that I feel I already have what they are trying to sell me... so why spend $500+ on a larger version of something I already have... and you guys know how my attention span is.. I'll buy it.. play a few days.. and it'll collect dust in my closet..

RicketyCricket
04-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Honestly.. If I didn't already have an iPhone I'd probably get one... but when I played with the one in BestBuy it just seemed like an overgrown iPhone... so I'll pass. It's nothing against apple at all, it's just the fact that I feel I already have what they are trying to sell me... so why spend $500+ on a larger version of something I already have... and you guys know how my attention span is.. I'll buy it.. play a few days.. and it'll collect dust in my closet..

I agree. There are a lot more improvements that i would like to see done to the iPad. It needs a lot more features and a better OS. Recently, I have been playing more games via Facebook because I dont have to rely on my iPad to connect to my internet, to connect to facebook, to connect to the game. Do you play any of those social games on Facebook?

Endgameko
05-31-2010, 12:44 PM
im thinking about getting one because i am a student who already owns mac, i get like alot of money off, so .....thinking about it, but not just for games, but for general use also.

Kink3bird
05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
im thinking about getting one because i am a student who already owns mac, i get like alot of money off, so .....thinking about it, but not just for games, but for general use also.

If you can't afford a computer I'd say go for it, otherwise don't bother