PDA

View Full Version : MW2 Stimulus Package reaches 2.5 million sold

thedeparted
04-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Activision has been taking fire from gamers on a number of fronts lately, with one source of ire being the pricing on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's Stimulus Package. The $15 add-on from controversy-plagued Infinity Ward included three new multiplayer maps and two updated arenas from the original Modern Warfare. That price represented a $5 premium over map packs released for last year's Call of Duty: World at War, which included three new maps and a zombie-themed co-op battleground.

Still, those expressing grievances couldn't stop many from purchasing the game en masse. Activision said today that the Stimulus Package for its $1 billion shooter was downloaded more than 1 million times within 24 hours of availability on the Xbox 360, with sales jumping to 2.5 million within the first week.

So much for viva la resistance?
Activision claims that these sales figures have set a new Xbox Live high-water mark, though the publisher did not indicate which specific record had been beaten. It did say, however, that Modern Warfare 2 players have spent more than 1.75 billion hours of combined game time through Xbox Live since the shooter launched in November. A request for clarification had not been returned as of press time.

In other Modern Warfare 2 news, Valve said today that gamers can check out the PC edition's multiplayer component free of charge this weekend. The free game time begins April 8, and gamers can preload the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer mode now through Valve's online distribution service Steam.

The Stimulus Package is also slated to arrive for PlayStation 3 and PC at an as-yet-unannounced date. Check out GameSpot's video walk-through of the five maps, below, for an idea of what to expect from the Stimulus Package.

behhhh
behhhh

gamers are such sheep.

2.5 million :boggles:

For this smh

/leaves in disgust

BobTD
04-08-2010, 11:44 AM
I didnt get the stimulus package.

I blame ODST, basically a $50 map pack and new game mode, for paving the road for future letdown.

Kink3bird
04-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I didnt get the stimulus package.

I blame ODST, basically a $50 map pack a new game mode for paving the road for future letdown.

I stopped following Halo after the second one and have to agree with you. Since the series is done all there going to do is keep releasing bull**** titles. I wouldn't be surprised if they had HALO: WARTHOG RACERS!!! Now only $60 at your local gamestop... BUT WAIT pre-order the super gay addition and you'll get a free tire with your purchase! only $230!

EpsilonX
04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
so its $15 for just like 3 new maps and 2 old ones?

that's kinda wack.

Shixx
04-10-2010, 08:56 AM
I hate you Activision. why must you be such a whore..

PizziJQ
04-13-2010, 10:15 AM
This is a surprise why? lots of games now release downloadable content for there games days after release look at DAO bioware released Wardens Keep and some other DC 3 Days after release of the game... that is annoying... this is almost 6 months later I think i can let it slide.

thedeparted
04-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Charging that much for old maps is what's the big deal. I don't see how you could let this slide. If you can, then well your part of the problem.

Kink3bird
04-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Charging that much for old maps is what's the big deal. I don't see how you could let this slide. If you can, then well your part of the problem.

I don't think there's been one case where a gamer "revolution" has done anything to stop injustices lol

I've seen protests and petitions miles long but in the end they always buy it anyways lol

Perfect example is Left 4 Dead 2. There was a petition of thousands who said it was too soon but turns out the game was awesome and people bought it anyways.

Usually gamers are just wrong.

Diligence109
04-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Usually gamers are just wrong.

This is actually probably one of the single most wisest things that has ever been said on this forum. It's also rather ironic.