PDA

View Full Version : Dear LiNuX, I have a very great idea!

Charlotte
04-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Hey, here I am giving another suggestion.
So now, I suggest a website toolbar.
Yep, you right, a website toolbar! It's almost similar to facebook toolbar or stuff like that. Yeh, you can get facebook toolbar but in this case I suggest this toolbar for gamer forum. Well this is the website Wibiya (http://www.wibiya.com).
Well, to see the toolbar live, you can check my blog that I put a Wibiya toolbar on it. Elan's Blog (http://iappledia.blogspot.com/)

Well, the best thing about the toolbar was that it's easy to install, no such a tough coding at all. Or they directly installing the toolbar on vbulletin forum with ease.

Another benefits, we can chatting through that toolbar. Yehaaa...
Furthermore, if we can chat through the toolbar, we don't need the IRC Chat?, so it's more easier for us.

I know there is lot more benefits from it, I mean lot of it but unfortunately I cannot explained it here, so the best way to find it out is by installing it here on Gamers-Forum.

Before I go, that toolbar is free. 100% free.

Hope my suggestion is great and giving a good benefit to this forum.
Well, if my idea doesn't been accepted, I don't know what to say then.

Okidoki, bye bye.

Regards,
Elan

LiNuX
04-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Not a fan of toolbars.

Charlotte
04-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Not a fan of toolbars.

Oh dang, this is not about if you are a fan of it or what? I just wanna make us easier to chatting rather than using the IRC... I don't know but it's depend on you then...

EpsilonX
04-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh dang, this is not about if you are a fan of it or what? I just wanna make us easier to chatting rather than using the IRC... I don't know but it's depend on you then...

the man has spoken

Dess
04-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Of course it's going to be about whether or not Linux is a fan.. it's his forum.

Muffincat
04-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Besides, there's nothing wrong with IRC :3

LiNuX
04-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Besides, there's nothing wrong with IRC :3

Exactly. And toolbars can be exploited, especially if the software is new. IRC has been around for a very long time and it's a lot more secure than any toolbar you'll download.

LemonRising
04-09-2010, 01:14 PM
I went to the website it told me to update my browser and tried to get me to download some crap.

B |

Charlotte
04-09-2010, 07:18 PM
toolbar is not a web browser thingi.
it's a website toolbar as you can see on the upper down area on facebook for example.
man, I dont know how to describe it...

jango
04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
it's a website toolbar as you can see on the upper down area on facebook for example.

well i took a look at it so i can help with how to describe it ..

"poop"

not sure we need this anyway considering wot we have already

LiNuX
04-09-2010, 09:05 PM

Like a shoutbox? I hate those even more than toolbars.

I'm also not adding anything external to the forum. there are shoutbox mods for vB and I'll bet they are better than what you showed us but they aren't efficient. It's true that it's easier to chat but it'll probably take away from the wonderful forum conversations. IRC is pretty external and only a handful of members are on it and since it's not in everyone's face on the forum, we can't call it a distraction like a shoutbox.

EpsilonX
04-09-2010, 09:32 PM
seriously elan, are you trying to run the forum for linux?

Subb
04-09-2010, 09:52 PM
im totally happy the way linux has things goin right now and hes doing a great job. If u wanna chat with other gamers irc really isnt that hard to get into. the link also can be found in my sig giving u the directions as to how.

LemonRising
04-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I know its not a browser thing, but when I went to the site they said to update and tried to get me to download something. FISHY

dont trust

Charlotte
04-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Like a shoutbox? I hate those even more than toolbars.

I'm also not adding anything external to the forum. there are shoutbox mods for vB and I'll bet they are better than what you showed us but they aren't efficient. It's true that it's easier to chat but it'll probably take away from the wonderful forum conversations. IRC is pretty external and only a handful of members are on it and since it's not in everyone's face on the forum, we can't call it a distraction like a shoutbox.

No! I don't trying to run this forum lol epilsonX. I just wanna giving suggestion that all...
Emm, it's not a shoutbox!!!, well like Jango said it's poop up toolbar.

Well, never mind if my idea not work.

So sorry.

Regards,
Elan

jango
04-09-2010, 10:54 PM
you sir are a comedic genius, and don't even realise it

i seriously lmao

Blackbird
04-09-2010, 11:12 PM
I would like to disagreed with having a toolbar, don't like it. I think is fine as is it right now.
That's a simple reason. xD

Note: It seem like nobody actually playing the arcade anymore.

Kink3bird
04-10-2010, 02:25 AM
well like Jango said it's poop up toolbar

LOL!!!
This needs to be framed!!!