PDA

View Full Version : Phishing and Poker Bots

william
07-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Recently online poker players have been the target of phishing attacks. Phishing attacks use 'spoofed' e-mails designed to fool recipients into divulging personal financial information.

LiNuX
07-19-2007, 11:11 AM
can i ask what this has to do with anything? i am sure many of our members are aware of those types of online games lol, uh..thanks for the warning again i guess

lonewolfxix
07-19-2007, 08:57 PM
I sent him a PM yesterday and he hasn't replied, I think he may be a bot, a weird bot, but a bot.

LiNuX
07-19-2007, 10:24 PM
I sent him a PM yesterday and he hasn't replied, I think he may be a bot, a weird bot, but a bot.

bots have to surpass security when registering - he passed that, activate account via email - passed that as well, and usually bots would come around posting links, and he hasnt so i doubt that, but no way to be sure until he speaks again lol

william - are you a bot? :radar:

PyXL
07-21-2007, 12:18 PM
*EDIT* nvm the demonstration as the mod. keeps making me look like a spammer :(

Regardless, not only poker sites are being targeted. And you should never click on links in emails asking you to change password etc. unless you request it, and when you do click on it, make sure that the URL in the address bar is the real site, not a fake one that looks like the real one.

LiNuX
07-21-2007, 06:25 PM
*EDIT* nvm the demonstration as the mod. keeps making me look like a spammer :(

Regardless, not only poker sites are being targeted. And you should never click on links in emails asking you to change password etc. unless you request it, and when you do click on it, make sure that the URL in the address bar is the real site, not a fake one that looks like the real one.

sorry about that but its for security measures, read the PM i've replied to

and phishing - you are currect, usually they pretend to be from companies like Paypal or ebay or your credit card companies, recently i've read they are sending out emails for peopel in CAL (Cyberathlete Amateur League) asking to give the steam user and pass to verify they are the owner lol.

thats not really new I had an email like that before.

lonewolfxix
07-22-2007, 09:23 AM
I had an email from 'ebay.com (notice the ' infront of ebay) saying I had sold someone an item and it hadn't arrived :eek1: I was like "hmm, last time I checked, I hadn't sold anything on ebay.. wooo phishers!"

LiNuX
07-22-2007, 10:08 AM
i get tons of those every single day on my gmail account lol, that account is actually used for my paypal not my ebay so i know its a scam lol

lonewolfxix
07-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I just use my hotmail for everything, It's a lot easier because I only use MSN Messenger to talk to friends (and xfire for gaming and chatting lol)

LiNuX
07-22-2007, 04:17 PM
i have hotmail, verizon, yahoo, iwon, gmail, i use my cpanel mail sometimes too, u have to sometimes, and i get crap in all of them

Gerrit
07-22-2007, 08:05 PM
lol no wories guys, i get a lot too!
:(

Eric
07-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Dont we all. It's a part of the email life ;)