PDA

View Full Version : Total War games

Jjjet1
04-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Anyone play these games and like to discuss them?

shogun
medieval
rome
empire
napoleon

There may be more but I just can't think of them right now.

I'm playing napoleon total war right now and it makes me glued to the computer screen for a few hours at a time. I really hate these games but love them all the same because of this. You can't keep track of time with these games. I got up at eight and started playing at nine one day. When I got off, it was three in the afternoon. It didn't feel like it took that long. but it did. Napoleon is amazing and I personally think it takes a lot of bugs out of the game the empire total war has. I've never really played a full on naval battle because the fleets that I go against always over power me. But one thing I found really helpful with land units, cannons. Always have 3-4 units of cannons. I was out manned by 1500 troops but the cannons saved my life. I don't think there are any cheats out for napoleon total war yet.

I probably played a total of 200 hours on rome total war on my old pc before it died. If it didn't die, I would have definitly played atleast 500 hours because it was so addicting.

These games have massive battles that I absolutely love. The battles can take twenty minutes at times depending what the armies are. I love these games.

So what does anyone else think?

jango
04-19-2010, 01:24 PM
I've played 'Rome' and 'Empire', but have only played a little bit of 'Napolean' .. I still might get it yet, but haven't decided yet.

Jjjet1
04-19-2010, 01:34 PM
if you like managing large empires and fighting with many soldiers, then you should get it. I like napoleon. I've hardly played empire total war. The one thing I really hate is that you have to connect to the internet to play it. That really pisses me off when my satellite is blocked by clouds and I can barely use the internet. It takes me 5-10 minutes for me to log in.

HamadaLFC8
04-19-2010, 03:00 PM
I played Rome: Total War + Barbaric Invasion joined my clan Arcani in 2004, I never felt that close to people I haven't really met before, that clan is just insane
Then we all moved to Medieval II TW
Then I played some Empires but my PC can't keep up anymore :(

Just to tell you how amazing Arcani is, they all wanted to give me money so I could buy stuff for my PC but I didn't accept!
http://arcani.freeforums.org/download/file.php?logo=arcaniemblemgold12.jpg

Quality over Quantity,
Invictus Maneo

HAIL ARCANI <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6PMXiSuQm8

Jjjet1
04-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm not that into clans with the game because I will not be able to play online. I have satellite internet and well... with that game the delay will not be good at all... :\

Hujan
04-23-2010, 03:07 AM
none of it i played...

Jjjet1
04-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Well would it be possible to join a clan but not play with them? I doubt it, but it's worth a try!

Jonte1989
06-01-2010, 05:05 AM
I've played shogun, medieval 1/2 and rome/alexander.. I actually enjoyed medieval 1 the most, rome took the second place. I just hate these 3D campaign maps, I couldn't get a good overview like I did in medieval and shogun.

timppi96
06-18-2010, 06:54 AM
I have played Medieval Total war 2 and Rome total war they are best games i have ever played.:D. Have you tested the Lord of the rings mod for Rome total war ?:yes: