PDA

View Full Version : Project Natal Talk

youthism_is_me
04-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Project Natal looks great . I say this judgeing from what i have seen of it . Which is not very much , Microsoft is being very secretive about this whole project. Rumor is the name is just a code name , probably is . Natal is a hands free system with very advanced software . Kinda like a Wii on steriods or something to that effect . Most of what I have seen is just moving water and picking stuff up . Not very much if any game footage has been released.
I have heard stuff about FPS games ,but i have not seen anything . Alot of the hype is just that the game has something new . The motion software the game uses will most likely be implamented into other things . Like doors and computors and tvs and such . If you have anything else to report please right your info down here. Thanks .....

Foto166
04-20-2010, 11:26 AM
I think I remember a couple of months ago seeing footage of some Japanese Microsoft employees playing baseball with the Natal, maybe a prototype game for the Natal? Like you said, it is really just an amped-up Wii.

youthism_is_me
04-20-2010, 11:31 AM
I think I remember a couple of months ago seeing footage of some Japanese Microsoft employees playing baseball with the Natal, maybe a prototype game for the Natal? Like you said, it is really just an amped-up Wii.

Yes I did say that but, the system still looks very good . This thing could one of two ways . One it could be a huge hit and create a new genre of games or two , it can plumit and the Wii can pick up the pecies .

Foto166
04-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes I did say that but, the system still looks very good . This thing could one of two ways . One it could be a huge hit and create a new genre of games or two , it can plumit and the Wii can pick up the pecies .

Yep, I agree with that. This could be the next big thing for Microsoft, or it could just fall to pieces and leave Microsoft to their 360's.

youthism_is_me
04-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Yep, I agree with that. This could be the next big thing for Microsoft, or it could just fall to pieces and leave Microsoft to their 360's.

Microsoft is crawling by . They didnt get a head start like sony and nintendo .
Both of those two had something new to offer . Hopefully this natal thing will put microsoft in the rankings .

Jjjet1
04-27-2010, 12:40 PM
What ever happened to the good ol' days where you just sit back grab your controller and play games? Oh wait... it's the 360... I don't like the Wii and I doubt that I would like Natal. It may be fun for a month or so like the Wii was. Then it may just collect dust. I can see where it could be fun. But to make it funner, you'd probably need to set aside a whole room, spherical, and have this thing hook up to the walls so you can see a whoel 360 around you. I'm pretty sure I'm just dreaming here, but that'd be pretty sweet if games were like that in the future... It would cost a lot of money though.

Samus-Fan
04-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Natal is just a single bar, like a Wii Motion Bar
But instead of Infared, my guess (Guess is a keyword) is that it works like a bat.
It sends out many, many supersonic sounds, and depending on how fast they reflect back, it can get a 360 image of you (Or how close you are)

Natal looks sweet, but I can't see it becoming overly powerful in the gaming world.
If it does catch on, maybe they'll improve it and it'll be even cooler.

Kenoi
04-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't wanna be a 'controller'.

Charlotte
04-27-2010, 06:19 PM
project natal actually look advancing in the state of gaming console this day.
but unfortunately it does have some kind of weakness.
the price of that thing might to expensive and less peoples will buy it for their xbox console.
furthermore, the infrared could lead to some minor injury to eyes and other part of our body.
plus, i found out that the project natal could be using some kind of wii controller.
it's to impossible to make a stuff like that where we can use our body just to play the game...

just my opinion...

wicked_witch
04-27-2010, 10:55 PM
but unfortunately it does have some kind of weakness.
the price of that thing might to expensive and less peoples will buy it for their xbox console.
furthermore, the infrared could lead to some minor injury to eyes and other part of our body.
plus, i found out that the project natal could be using some kind of wii controller.
it's to impossible to make a stuff like that where we can use our body just to play the game...

just my opinion...

I have to agree with you, kinda cool game but can't afford console for those low income family.

IMO about the stuff, they officially released the project natal concept so i guess they're working on it, specially the body movement.

youthism_is_me
04-28-2010, 11:15 AM
I have to agree with you, kinda cool game but can't afford console for those low income family.

IMO about the stuff, they officially released the project natal concept so i guess they're working on it, specially the body movement.

I doubt it will cost much more than the ps3 did when it came out . Microsoft is not a budget company , but they know there consumer limits . Meaning they will not use products far to high of price . Products that would cost them later on there profit income . They play it safe most of the time .

downedskillz
04-28-2010, 05:03 PM
i would get but i dont think it would be good for most games

Samus-Fan
04-28-2010, 06:19 PM
i would get but i dont think it would be good for most games

Why?
In my opinion, games would be so cool if all you had to do was act out what you were doing.

thedeparted
04-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I hope it fails hard, I hope Sony's wand thing fails hard. I want different things in the gaming spectrum. Not just weak arse copy attempts to copy Wii

Diligence109
04-29-2010, 11:17 AM
I hope it fails hard, I hope Sony's wand thing fails hard. I want different things in the gaming spectrum. Not just weak arse copy attempts to copy Wii

I hope it turns out amazing because, really, the wii could have been done much better. The lack of precision in the wii's motion sensory ability begs for a new system to take up the (incredibly successful and popular idea) and make something even more functional out of it.

IF motion sensor technology became powerful enough to create something more impressive than gimmicky games, that would be amazing.

Imagine a motion sensor precise and accurate enough to allow a player to pull a 10-hit Tekken combo.

Let that sink in a little...

I'm all for advancement of motion sensor technology :P

youthism_is_me
04-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Oh wait the wand thing . That is what i was talking about when I said Ps4 . So maybe your right .

WorldsEnd
05-14-2010, 03:32 AM
Ok, i have two questions about project natal :D (maybe someone can answere)
1. Are there coming games up where stands: Compatible with Project Natal?
Or how is it going to be?
2. How much do you think it will cost?
:radar:

wicked_witch
05-17-2010, 03:47 AM
no update yet about the games compatible to Natal...

about the price, as they've mentioned earlier the price is a little bit higher than the xbox 360 but can afford for those people who really wants to buy this game console.

Jokersvirus
05-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I dont think Project Natal will be worth it, it seems to be an advancement in video game tech but unless they will let me play a FPS lol i dont think i will buy it lol.

Well let me just say if it turns out to where i can play FPS like in the movie Gamer I will glady use that because how cool would it be to actually feel like your in combat, I know I would love it.

Linx_is_me
09-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Well now that this is out . Kinetics is the real name . Does anybody have this and is it worth getting . It seems like after it came out the hype went way down . I just lost interest I have heard nothing about it .

Dess
09-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Well now that this is out . Kinetics is the real name . Does anybody have this and is it worth getting . It seems like after it came out the hype went way down . I just lost interest I have heard nothing about it .

It's Kinect. And they aren't releasing it till November. Here....Motion Gaming (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15225) more info... on all the motion games. =)

PS3 Move just came out this week... it's pretty fun. I should have a vid soon.

Linx_is_me
09-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Hmmm. Maybe it was just the display boxes in my gamestop . Sorry on the miss name . I thank you for the links .

Play Search
09-19-2010, 06:27 PM
It looks really lame to me. I think Sony and Microsoft should leave motion controls to the Nintendo.