PDA

View Full Version : Review Kick-Ass Movie

Djdoubt03
04-21-2010, 10:07 PM
http://www.eyeofthevortexonline.com/Images/BRoss/kick_ass_poster_2.jpg

The Bottom Line: Kick-Ass is an unabashed, unrelenting commentary on comic books and violence. It however makes several missteps that keep it from being genius.

For those of you that have been living under a rock for the past couple of months, Kick-Ass is a comic book adaptation about a regular kid who dresses up like a super hero to fight crime. He doesn't have super powers, he doesn't know what the hell he is doing, he just wants to make a difference.

The catch is that this is based in the real world, not a fantasy comic book world. The idyllic and misguided intentions of Dave Lizewski (aka Kick-Ass) end up putting him in the hospital and almost getting him killed on several occasions. He describes the incessant need to put on a costume as an uncontrollable urge similar to what a serial killer must go through. Luckily for
him he's not alone....

READ THE FULL REVIEW (http://www.eyeofthevortexonline.com/articles/article219.php)

Dess
04-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I went to see it today... It's pretty awesome.

Muffincat
04-21-2010, 10:49 PM
I would really like to see this...

Kink3bird
04-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Besides the violence it was pretty stupid... really bad acting and just became a embarrassing plot towards the end

Charlotte
04-22-2010, 12:27 AM
this movie is kinda s**k.
well, it's not fav unless if their is such a thing like real drama superhero.
the tittle just proof everything of the movie.

LemonRising
04-24-2010, 08:47 AM
I LOVED IT

the end.
I'd totally see it again.

Music was placed quite well, the humour was great and made me laugh.
THE ACTION SCENES YAHH

Also I loved the fact that hit-girl was the most obscene.
THATS THE POINT OLOLOL

KittyCat72
04-24-2010, 06:04 PM
My brother went to see this... by what I can tell, it looks like it will be really good.

Jjjet1
04-24-2010, 09:16 PM
the movie=amazing

I thought that it was pretty dang good. Maybe not as good as I wanted but it was still up there!

Yuuki
04-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I realllyyyy wanna see this. x]
Too bad I'm brokee!

LorraineC
04-26-2010, 08:40 AM
I really liked it. The little girl in it is fantastic. I think this movie was poorly marketed to be honest - esp since the real hero isn't kick-ass. It's just a catchy of name. The comic book sections were gorgeous and Nick Cage's Adam West impression was spot on.

See it! So fun!

GrandMoff
04-27-2010, 12:15 AM
My friend saw it recently. He told me it was a let-down. As he says, it was stupid, and not the stupid kind of funny, just plain stupid. I am going to see it for myself and determine.