PDA

View Full Version : Gamers Forum's One Year Birthday Coming Up

LiNuX
07-21-2007, 09:03 AM
As some of you may know the official date Gamers-Forum.com was released was August 28th 2006. Almost a year ago, a day before my birthday and The time is coming again.

It is a day before my Birthday and It was my actual first Non-Free Domain name. Meaning I did have a website before but I used free subdomains for everything. The Forum will finally be a year old.

I would like to thank all of you for being a part of it and helping the forum grow to what it is today. Please expect some downtime next week because I will be transferring the domain name from Yahoo! to NameCheap or even GoDaddy - I have to do that before Aug 12th and I cant do it at the last minute because I am moving in August and if I dont have internet connection this forum will be screwed lol.

Thank you again and I will be running some extreme posting contests here. Here is a sneak peak into what I am working on.

Referral and Posting contests will both take place.

Referral: The one with the highest Referral count by the end of August (aug 31st) - can choose any Steam Game he/she chooses that is priced $20 or less. Please read on, You must have at least 15 Referrals to qualify - it is only to be fair and It isn't that hard. Your referrals must also make at least 5 posts each to count.

Posting: From August 1st to August 31st, the one with the highest post count that month will get to choose another game worth $20 or less. The highest poster of the month. We will also have a runner up where the runner up will get to choose any game worth $10 or less. Runner up will the be second highest poster of the month.

Please expect more news on the contests, these are just a few guidelines I've been working on, more should be added and if you have comments, ask away. The only person not qualified to enter is ME :D. Enjoy the forum and thank you once again!

lonewolfxix
07-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Do previous referals count? :-P Just Kidding, yaaay *breaks into the server farm where the server is and puts balloons on it then runs as he notices the burglar arm has gone off* Run awaaaaaaayyyy! Hehe maybe someone should make a Birthday logo for G-F :D

LiNuX
07-21-2007, 09:54 AM
yes previous referrals count, you can start now, u just have more time for the referral one, just the posting one, im putting the Top Posters for the Month mod to the test lol :D

and dont worry you dont have to compete with me.

And everybody, dont try to cheat by referring urself because i will know lol.

KittyCat72
07-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Yay, the forum will be a year old! I might try the refferal thing, sounds hard though (just right now, it would be easier if school was back).

lonewolfxix
07-21-2007, 10:02 AM
This is where people with secondary dial up connections celebrate because their IP changes everytime they disconnect which is like every 2 hours :-P I don't though.. Meh, I doubt I can win the referrals one, But I think I have a shot at the other one, just have to setup the other PC in my room to use while my PC is down:spinny:

LiNuX
07-21-2007, 11:14 AM
This is where people with secondary dial up connections celebrate because their IP changes everytime they disconnect which is like every 2 hours :-P I don't though.. Meh, I doubt I can win the referrals one, But I think I have a shot at the other one, just have to setup the other PC in my room to use while my PC is down:spinny:

there is more than one way of telling than just IP address - people arent always smart enough and they login with one after the other and boom, caught, there are also mods to prevent this :) i cant list everything here publically

wifi
07-30-2007, 08:48 AM
happy bday to the forum, i'll see what i can do to help out along with the contests you want to have

Joshuah
07-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Wow, I have been here for 5 months on 8th of August =D

souljaa
07-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Dang! 1 year, congrats Linux :).

LiNuX
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
thanks, plan to do about 10 more years at least :D

Eric
07-30-2007, 11:09 AM
I wont be around then

LiNuX
07-30-2007, 12:11 PM
I wont be around then

and where will you be instead? lol, how can u miss the 10th bday of our for um :no: bad boy

Eric
07-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Well, I will be 26. I cannot tell you where I will be then :radar:

LiNuX
07-30-2007, 02:30 PM
probably entering grad school lol haha jk jk :D