PDA

View Full Version : Google Ads

LiNuX
07-21-2007, 11:19 AM
For funding reasons I had to put google ads back on here. And I tried to make it as less intrusive as possible for now and I need opinions on whether the ads should stay up. Now I am NOT encouraging you to click, illegal for me to do that lol.

Well anyway, the ads will only show up at the bottom of the forum, you can check in this thread, only one line of ads, the forum homepage however will display 2 ad units which isn't too much I hope.

Now I do plan on running some more contests here and I am low on money from this forum, sponsor's money is 75% gone from 1 domain and 2 games given out already. I didn't get too much from sponsors but will be getting some new ones.

Now please vote in this Poll and Tell me What you think should be done with the ads.

Thank you!

souljaa
07-21-2007, 12:34 PM
I seirously didn't even realise them till I read this thread, so there's not harm in my opinion.

Eric
07-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Yeah, didn't notice them either...

LiNuX
07-21-2007, 06:28 PM
thanks, well we had 5 voters and I dont even know who else voted but you two lol - i can find out but i'll keep it anonymous (i didnt vote) and thanks for support :-) i guess i did a good job to make it really not intrusive lol

Gamoc
07-23-2007, 05:37 PM
OH yeah, sorry, I voted but was in a hurry and didn't post.

I don't mind them, I didn't even know they were there until after I read this topic and looked, so they're unintrusive and if they help the forum, leave them there.

LiNuX
07-23-2007, 07:16 PM
OH yeah, sorry, I voted but was in a hurry and didn't post.

I don't mind them, I didn't even know they were there until after I read this topic and looked, so they're unintrusive and if they help the forum, leave them there.

yea its ok lol, i know who voted what :) im still the admin and admin powers rock here :-P

they are unintrusive but so far havent made me much, i was really looking forward to getting back the money for buying this vb license lol and my ctr % for this forum is slow - so i'll be moving around the ad placement for the next few days, i may even have to try it above the board for a while to see how it works out

thanks!

Gamoc
07-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Oh god, I hate it when advertisements are above a forum. They're in the way and they're annoying. I also hate it when advertisements are in the middle fo topics...[swears at ads]

LiNuX
07-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Oh god, I hate it when advertisements are above a forum. They're in the way and they're annoying. I also hate it when advertisements are in the middle fo topics...[swears at ads]

the point of view of one person can change it all

i wont try it above the page then :-) and the middle of the topics, i hate that too so that wont happen anyway lol :D

thanks for sharing how you feel ab out that!

lonewolfxix
07-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Whoa when did that get there.. rofl, I don't mind ads, if it keeps the forum up and makes competitions etc. more regular I'm all for it, keep 'em there, I'm not too bothered :P

LiNuX
07-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Whoa when did that get there.. rofl, I don't mind ads, if it keeps the forum up and makes competitions etc. more regular I'm all for it, keep 'em there, I'm not too bothered :P

meh..its not working out as well as i thought it would so i may move onto some cpm programs, this forum is getting thousands of impressions a day so that should be good, but its still all under development :-)

thanks for the support guys!

Gamoc
07-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Wow, you actually listened :o
I'm proud, well done ;)

I don't mind ads that are unobtrusive. If they're the annoying ones that slide onto the screen and you have to hit close, or that one with the fly that buzzes until you click it... [swears at the fly]

Unobtrusiveness ftw!

LiNuX
07-26-2007, 08:48 PM
those slide ones, i hate to death lol, and pop up ads im against, it really de-beatifies a site :-)

diablo
07-27-2007, 08:55 PM
you can keep them up, i noticed them since there is one right about the quick reply box :) if it helps, just keep it up but i do agree with gamoc somewhat, but i've seen some sites, with their ads above the forum and it looks great

wifi
07-30-2007, 08:47 AM
lol i was gonna vote what ads but i didnt want to be stupid since there are ADS BY GOOGLE signs all over :-p