PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo fight with DS Piracy

lanteng123
04-26-2010, 02:48 AM
Nintendo has been cracking down hard on sellers of R4 cartridges (and similar devices) lately. Want to know why? The Japanese company is blaming them for a 50% drop in sales of DS games in Europe.

According to a report on the Asahi Shimbum's website, Nintendo reckons sales of the devices - which allow users to circumvent the anti-piracy measures built into the DS - "was largely to blame for a nearly 50-percent drop in sales in Europe in recent months", and that the amount "lost" to pirates each year was "in the region of trillions of yen".
:-P

youthism_is_me
05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah I have a R4 cartrige, The max media Dock . I like it and i can see the point here . I just like free better.

LemonRising
05-04-2010, 02:21 PM
That kinda sucks. Seems a little exaggerated..

I always liked homebrew, but I pay for my games.

youthism_is_me
05-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I still pay for most of them. I guess I should say I like the homebrew apps the most .

EpsilonX
05-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I see the idea, but sometimes things aren't worth paying for, but you still wanna play them. I don't like dropping $30 for a game that sucks.

the same with music. some bands i only really listen to for like a month then stop caring. and sometimes its just one song, and i hate paying for single songs. full album with the cd and case etc or nothing.