PDA

View Full Version : Sims 3 to consoles

HamadaLFC8
04-28-2010, 08:26 AM
April 27, 2010 - Electronic Arts is taking one of its most popular PC franchises and moving it over to consoles. The company announced The Sims 3 will now be heading to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, and Nintendo DS this coming fall.

While these will be ports of the PC version, new features are being added. Players can now unlock new "Karma Powers" that can be used on your Sims, such as "get lucky" "instant beauty" or "epic fail."

The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will include online functionality that allows players to share and download user-created content over the EA network, however, this is only available to those who purchase new copies of the game. A single-use code must be entered online before you can log in.

Exclusive to the Wii, a new beach town, head to head "Life Moments" game mode, and several adventure quests will be included. The DS version makes use of the stylus controls by allowing players to build, decorate, and customize their Sims' homes all by using the touch screen. - IGN - Read the full article here (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1086315p1.html)

Win or Fail ???

I would say it will fail.

Diligence109
04-28-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with you and say fail.
Sims has gotten so complicated and convoluted and strayed so far from the original, simple, ingenious idea it was -.-"

But, oh well, they're going to make a lot of money with this.

jango
04-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Without wanting to be contradictory .. I actually quite liked what they did to Sims 3 on the PC. There were a fair few changes, but in good ways .. making the gameplay more diverse and less repetative. OK .. it didn't have me spellbound as such, but I had more than a few hours having fun with it before moving on.

As for how well it'll transfer over to a console (I'm resisting the urge to make a cheap joke at consoles here btw .. resisting a LOT) I haven't a clue. It's often hit-and-miss whichever way the porting goes ..

Diligence109
04-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Without wanting to be contradictory .. I actually quite liked what they did to Sims 3 on the PC.

To be quite honest, I petered out after Sims 2 (I played many of the many, many expansion packs for sims 1.) I trust your qualified opinion enough to feel that perhaps I've been wrong in my condemnation of the series.

I still don't expect myself to get back into the Sims any time soon, though ;)

thedeparted
04-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Well they had several Sims games on last gen consoles and they haven't done so yet, so it was only a matter of time really

GrandMoff
04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
It will fail harder than a monkey taking a Calculus exam.

Charlotte
04-28-2010, 11:19 PM
BIG fail.
what the h*** are they thinking.

klix666
04-29-2010, 03:13 PM
I like the sims. It's fun.