PDA

View Full Version : Need Contest Ideas

LiNuX
07-22-2007, 08:33 PM
As you know I am working on getting some contests running for the month of august, the month when this forum turns the big 1 - the UNO, the whole single digit. Ok i'll stop.

I had a few contests in mind and I want to see your feedback, additions to these contests, or adding another contest.

Highest Poster of the month gets any $20 steam game for free, no GFP needed and he/she can use GFP for other prizes.

Second Highest Poster of the month can get any $10 or cheaper game from steam. No GFP needed again.

Now the Referral one:

All considered must have at least 10 referrals to do anything and Referrals Count only when the referred user made 5 or more posts. Sorry but this is a much harder contest to win.

Highest Referral count will get any $20 game on steam.

Second highest gets any $10 game on steam.

If the highest referrer has 50 or more referrals, he/she can get any game or Games worth $30 or less.

Now you can add to this or even take out or add some other contests. But for now I want to run some posting contests as I am having a bit of a trouble with the cashmod and making it to work with everything i want.

Thank you! +rep will be given to all replying and trying to help. Remember, admin can give the most amount of rep to you ;-)!!

Blackleo
07-22-2007, 09:15 PM
I GOT IT !!! We can make a contest and how we can win this contest !!! Cause this contest is hard to win :mask: ... lol ... so far I got that ... it's late and Iam tired and Iam thinking about her ... lol ... like always ... so yea I will post a better idea tomorrow ... lol

LiNuX
07-22-2007, 10:14 PM
lol, this is sort of a contest to figure it out but this contest has only the prize of satisfaction of helping out a whole forum with thousands of posts and hundreds of members so far :D

+rep given for making me laugh a little bit lol

lonewolfxix
07-23-2007, 07:25 AM
How about a competition based around one of the harder games in the Arcade for like a $10 game? Or, and I doubt i'll be able to take part in this, a game which everyone has got or can easily get and play (umm... Soldat? rofl, my spare pc can play that atleast)) 1st place gets a $20 game and 2nd gets $10 game from 3 games all points are added up then divided by 3 to get the average and the 2 top players get, well, you know, 1st = $20 game 2nd = $10 game lol what do ya think of that?

LiNuX
07-23-2007, 10:07 AM
How about a competition based around one of the harder games in the Arcade for like a $10 game? Or, and I doubt i'll be able to take part in this, a game which everyone has got or can easily get and play (umm... Soldat? rofl, my spare pc can play that atleast)) 1st place gets a $20 game and 2nd gets $10 game from 3 games all points are added up then divided by 3 to get the average and the 2 top players get, well, you know, 1st = $20 game 2nd = $10 game lol what do ya think of that?

that's a pretty good idea not bad, but...i was hoping to get posting contests to rev up the activity on this forum, having contests to play games on the arcade will probably take the activity from the forum away and have everyone playing that game lol - and also if like 300 people are playing the same game over and over to get a prize that can eat up my bandwidth a lot more.

what do you think of that? lol :) but i do like the idea - +rep given - and again i will see what i can come up along with that idea of yours

Eric
07-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Posting contests are always popular. Can't think of any right now, but when my brain engages, I will be sure to use some of it's limited abilities to think of something ;)

Gerrit
07-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Hmm I might have some ideas. Some might already have been said, as I came a little late heh.

- Category Prizes -
There can be prizes for categories like: Best topic, best Help message or best review, etc. Basically boost the inscentive of posters to post.

- Arcade Game -
This is also a great idea which i came up with, which has been said by lonewolf. I think it's a good idea to implement, however it shouldnt be the main prize, as the focus should be on posts.

- Rewards Points -
This is what I think can be relied on the most. People post and get points. With the accumulated points Users can maybe redeem items you see? Maybe like: Color usernames, or A Link Ad, or Cash or Game Prizes for a higher accumulation. That might keep posting constant.

- Contests -
Maybe Art contests for banner or for game reviews can be made. The winning review gets a prize. Thats also enables you to have a database of reviews where people can read about games and gaming experience.

- Member of the Month -
This is what I saw in some forums, but it's not too popular as this focusses merely on one user being rewarded. However poeple would target to be User of the Month. The Winner could receive a forum badge indication "User of the Month for June" (example) and/or a prize or so.

Well some rough idea of what I saw in other forums and what I came up with. I think the Ideas mentioned by everyone else are very good too. :)
Just my idea.

LiNuX
07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
great ideas gerritpoel, i think i will try out the member of the month and i will see what i can up with about the badge and etc.

for the points rewards, you know the trouble i am having implementing it to work, i've had some great troubles testing it tonite and tryint to fix it up now, you can see your point count now but it wont rise sadly - i had to disable because of point distribution bugs

thanks for the suggestions - +Rep given to you! :D