PDA

View Full Version : Haven 2 Screenies

Cleril
05-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Below are six screenshots of Haven. Please, be so kind and provide feedback.

Things you should know:

1. Yes, one screen is very bland, it's done on purpose. Don't tell me about mapping as it's symbolic to the character. ;)

2. No, the scratches on the screen are not a glitch, it's one of the new features called "damage". The bigger and more abstract it is, the harder a quest or something will be. Damage comes in many shapes and sizes. It's a visual signal to you to let you know if there's something to do in a certain area at any given time and/or if Cleril is distracted.

ImageShack Album - 6 images (http://img413.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=haven2screen1.png)

What's what?

Well, alright, I'll spoil the fun, this in order from left to right of what image is:

1. The Flirt in her meadow.

2. The Stranger's meadow.

3. The Jester's meadow.

4. The Writer's meadow.

5. Cleril's meadow (you can't see all of it but I don't want you to see it all, also, it will change over time based on varying factors).

6. Cleril's meadow, before damage is done.

Any questions, feedback, etc. please sock it to me!

jango
05-04-2010, 04:14 PM
i kinda like what you've tried to achievve here cleril

one suggestion though .. for the next one try and change the engine - use one of the open source or sdk programs around .. it might stretch you a little further in development and story terms, giving your screenies etc more impact and perhaps more interest

just my first impressions

hope ur well bud

Cleril
05-04-2010, 10:55 PM
i kinda like what you've tried to achievve here cleril

one suggestion though .. for the next one try and change the engine - use one of the open source or sdk programs around .. it might stretch you a little further in development and story terms, giving your screenies etc more impact and perhaps more interest

just my first impressions

hope ur well bud

Thanks.

Changing the engine presents a few problems:

1. Not every engine is free. That's probably the biggest issue. I can't pay for anything.

2. My laptop is good but it's no gaming rig. Someone has to have all the data for the games on their machine and just to cause havok (haha, pun) if you took the 71 MB Peekaboo and made it into 3D or something I wouldn't be surprised if it triples or something in the amount of data.

3. I'll need to learn that new engine. I've got most if not all everything related to VX done minus scripting which isn't a big deal as eventing can get you around most situations. I know visual basic and hell if I wanted to I could make a game based on that, it'd be a pretty short game but eh, I'd make it interesting.

4. Can people run the new game type and such on their machines? VX is pretty easy to run as a hammy down XP from 2005 can run the stuff no problem but I'm sure not all of my players are that up to date.

Now I'm not making excuses and maybe I will look into it when my current projects are done but when I first looked for engines the one I ended up getting was RPG Maker VX. These games are just for my portfolio and I wanted a job as a designer/writer/developer which VX shows my skill for each. Suites my need basically.

And I'm fine, have the dance-off this Friday. :D

jango
05-04-2010, 10:59 PM
aye understandable concerns .. but perhaps something to at least look in to :)

Charlotte
05-05-2010, 01:05 AM
i believe you make it with rpgmaker software isn't?
well it's look awesome...
i hope you can provide it free for us to play... :D

jango
05-05-2010, 01:10 AM

take a short look at the RPG forum (http://www.gamers-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13) .. cleril has posted a few of his games there that you can take a look at .. or just follow the link in his sig

Cleril
05-05-2010, 01:54 PM

All games I make are free, for the sake of looking for feedback rather than cash.

You can find all of them around here if you look where Jango has lead you.