PDA

View Full Version : Join a Public UserGroup

LiNuX
07-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Now most of you that are not part of the staff have no membership to any usergroup. Well Registered Member and Regstered Member 2 are the two default usergroups. You become that "2" after you hit 10 posts and many, many restrictions are taken off :-).

Well now you can join some public usergroups manually. I will list them below and will tell you how to Join them. As time goes by, each usergroup will have their own and individual private boards where only the members of that certain usergroup can view.

Here is the list of all the Usergroups we Currently have:

Console Gamers
PC Gamers
PlayStation Owner
Xbox Owner
Wii Owner
Sega OwnerMore will come and you can request it. You can join all these groups if you would like but please try to be honest with us as well as yourself.

I will also be making some restrictive usergroups where you will have to request to join and the Usergroup Leader/mod or I have to approve of it. And if you would like to be in control of any of these usergroups, you can. All you have to do is PM me and tell me WHY??

How do I join a usergroup?

Easy!! Go to UserCp/Profile >> Near the bottom of the left side panel, you will see a link that says Group Memberships >> Click It >> On the Central Panel you will see the list of the usergroups >> On the right side of that, you will see a circle you can use to select the usergroup >> You can only join one at a time so click "Join Group" for the one that fits you >> Click Join Group

TADA!!!

If you want to see who else is in that group, you will have to go around looking at people's profiles to know, but I will make it easier for you and find a way to list all the UserGroups and the User in them :).

Thank you and enjoy! Expect more features to come your way from Gamers Forum!

Blackleo
07-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I already join a group and plan to join some others as well :D

LiNuX
07-24-2007, 09:50 AM
I already join a group and plan to join some others as well :D

and again if you guys have any suggestions, you can shoot it to me whenever you want/can and i'll consider every proprosal.

also if you'd like to help me think of specials to give out to these certain membergroups, you can let me know as well, you can say it here or put in the questions/suggestions board

thank you!

souljaa
07-24-2007, 11:12 AM
I just joined 3 :), it's pretty cool, how many membergroups do you plan to have max?

LiNuX
07-24-2007, 11:15 AM
i can have unlimited, those 5 are just what i came up with for now, and if you have suggestions for those or even personal groups where only ur friends can join, just request it and i'll see what i can do with it

for personal groups, u will be the leader and have to approve of the users to join

souljaa
07-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Ohh, that sounds good, how about, since the GFP works now, for a certain amount of GFP, a user could create a group of their own?

LiNuX
07-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Ohh, that sounds good, how about, since the GFP works now, for a certain amount of GFP, a user could create a group of their own?

thats not a bad idea at all :-) nice suggestion - for now i'll have to manually charge for setting up groups since there is no shop available for this yet that'll do it automatically.

thanks for the great idea, i'll implement it in as soon as everything else is cleared up and ready.

thanks! +rep given

Eric
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
add PSP to playstation owners?

- Slacker

LiNuX
07-24-2007, 05:04 PM
add PSP to playstation owners?

- Slacker

lol forgot about that, forgot i even had one

its added, thanks for pointing that out

diablo
07-27-2007, 08:54 PM
i joined three, cool feature, should get some more interests :) good luck with it

LiNuX
11-23-2007, 10:59 PM
i assume everyone knows how to join a public usergroup now - if you don't read the thread - topic will be unstickied