PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and a question the thee Internet

Mowinckel107
05-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Hello I’m a new forum member… now just to spice things up, everywhere on the net the Danish are made fun of in a god-natured way which is great (we are apparently like Canada?)… But as a Dane I have yet to find out what the specific points we are made fun of are… could someone please answer me on this question

jango
05-16-2010, 09:13 PM
First of all welcome Mow.

Make sure you check out the forum rules and faqs, and maybe drop-by irc sometime to meet some of our members.

To answer your question I would first say that I have many Danish friends (almost all from online gaming), and what you've said isn't specific to your nation. Every nation has, regardless of where it is, a culture that seems at times a little 'strange' to others, and often the things that make them different naturally lead to humour of some sort. Personally I like the differences .. at least it's not boring :)

Mowinckel107
05-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Oh I am not angry or anything. It just sort of irritates me that I don’t know what people are talking about… it’s an “I want to get in on the joke if it is about me” sort of thing. The Danish were called the European Canadians in south park and there are other “oh the Danish” sorts of moments in many things so I just want to know what characteristic are made fun of (because there are plenty to pick from)

Charlotte
05-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi welcome to gamers-forum.

EpsilonX
05-16-2010, 10:42 PM
welcome, dudeski.

i'm sure if you checked on like encyclopedia dramatica and urban dictionary, there'd be some explanation.

Dess
05-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Hey!!! I've already been talking to you in IRC... but welcome to gamers-forum!!!

RaiDae
05-17-2010, 10:44 AM
well... i've never heard anyone refer to Danes in that way... Mayhap, it's a joke in mainland europe? ...The only dude i know from your country is taller than 6 foot... he's a ****in giant...
BUT NEVER FEAR!! For I will rule the world and then NOBODY will make fun of you and your fellow countrymen and countrywoman!! With the power of my CAPS and my minions, it won't be too long now!! ha ha ha HAAHAHAHAHAHA

but yeah! Welcome to the wonders of our forum.