PDA

View Full Version : Review GhostBusters Xbox360

Jokersvirus
05-20-2010, 04:20 PM
The long awaited video game to one of the greatest movies in the 80s has finally come in the form of "Ghost Busters."

FYI there are some storyline SPOILERS.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I4D-2UIKgXc/SjGeYvVJdsI/AAAAAAAACwk/jiXsShK4SpQ/s400/t5085.ghostbusters360.jpg

Background Story: In this Ghost Busters you play the new kid on the team, who's name is just rookie. At the start of the game there is some paranormal activity at the National Museum where the new Gozer wing has just been added. Well needless to say ghosts start appearing more and more, and a family favorite reappears, Stay Puff. You start running around all of New York fighting ghosts and putting the clues together and trying to learn the ropes fast. The gang believes that this is the work of Gozer trying to come back into this world but there is a new character, his name is Shandor,and at the end he goes by "The architect." Who was a servant of Gozer before he saw how weak he was and wanted to take his spot as a demi god. Well the gang gets to work, mainly YOU, figuring out how to find this guy and how to take him out.

http://www.onelastcontinue.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/gb_header.jpg

Game-play: Its beautiful, the levels are big and you can explore to an extend but there will be no ghost unless you follow the main path which is a bit of a let down. In every level you can destroy alot of different objects which is fun and entertaining for a while but it hurts your wallet. You get to use all the weapons and tools the ghost-busters did in the movies, PKE, Proton pack, You can even cross the streams!! In the game all weapon settings have a primary fire and secondary fire for 2 of the weapon settings, blast stream and slime primary is just a stream of blast or slime, the other two, slow down and energy, one is a shotgun blast with a secondary of a stream and energy has a primary of firing small little blast with a secondary of a big blast that overloads your pack.
You just cant drive the Eco-1B :(. It is mainly a run and shoot game but the different ghosts and the different weapon settings throw a new spin onto the game that seems not so different. The ghosts do play games with you throwing stuff, closing doors and blocking door. The bosses like you tease you before you actually get to them and fight them, with scary sounds and different minions.

Upgrades: There is upgrades for all weapon settings on your proton pack. You have Slime, Normal aka blast stream, two new ones: one that slows down ghosts and an energy blaster I suppose is the best way to put it. You always get upgrades to your PKE meter which I'm not really sure what they did. All the upgrades are the same for all the weapon settings, reduction in heating, more power, beam focusing so it doesnt wonder as much. Your proton pack does over heat at the start very quickly but after an upgrade or two it takes a lot longer.

http://images.ientrymail.com/ps3pub/protonpack.jpg

Online Play: When it comes to online play there are a few different games you can play, survive, protection, and a few others. They are pretty much just the same as Survive and Protection. Problem is not alot of people play any games online and it is very sad, I personally only got in one game of protection and one game of survive before i was removed from the group.
The online play is focused on team work, you have to watch each others backs and pick each other up when you fall. Throught survive, from what i saw, you get different weapon settings for your proton pack and also you get a ghost killer which seems to kill all the ghost once you step on it.
http://www.whattheyplay.com/media/video/brightcove/grand_theft_auto_iv_everyone_is_looking_for_somebo dy/1499642580_thumbnail_480x360.jpg
Graphics: They're just beautiful, its didnt push the graphics to its limit but they were still beautiful. The different ghosts look awesome but they dont look different, for example if you get to bell boy ghosts they look exactly the same not different. The different weapon settings on the proton pack are awesome and the sounds are just mind blowing, because they took all the sounds from the movie and bought them into the game, along with the cast from the movie too, even that EPA guy.

Final thoughts: This game does credit to the movies and makes up for the bad ghost buster games that came before it. Its great they bought back the original cast for this and how they still act the way they would in the movies. Its great they still show the personalities of how they are in the movies. Everything is just beautiful and fun, the voices do get repetitive pretty quick because they mostly just say "I'm on your team," "Don't cross the streams," Peter even say "Ow, that was just OW."

This game is awesome and finally lets anyone who enjoys the movies to feel like a ghost buster and kick some ghost butt.

I give it a 4/5 - Rent

Its a rent because the online aspect is dead and no one plays.

jango
05-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Really nice first review as a new game reviewer for us Joker - +rep for that mate, nice one.

The game linda looks fun too :)

Subb
05-20-2010, 06:28 PM
ahh nice review bud.... we were just talkin about this game the other nite

Iceskater101
05-20-2010, 07:47 PM
I started playing it and its fun
I thought it was going to suck because its a game based on a movie
but its pretty decent

Jokersvirus
05-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Its so much so based off a movie more than taking it in a new direction. Its more of less Ghost busters 3.

thedeparted
05-21-2010, 02:25 PM
I heard people says it's basically Ghostbusters 2.5. So your basically confirming what they've said. Nice review btw

Jokersvirus
05-21-2010, 04:19 PM
I dont really believe it is a 2.5 saying that would mean it is still following ghost busters two but its not :P

thedeparted
05-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Ahh I see, I wonder how the GB3 will fit into all this

Jokersvirus
05-21-2010, 04:21 PM
I call it Ghostbusters 3 because well you have a great storyline right here all the movie people have to do is not screw it up XD