PDA

View Full Version : Review Preview/Review MMORPG Eve

Jokersvirus
05-21-2010, 06:40 PM
First I would like to say that i cant give a true review of this game on the basis that the game is just to huge to do everything.

The game is set in space in the far off future, no dates really given, and your a new comer to the world. You can pick between four different Races. They all have different talents in different areas. The four Races are: Amarr, Caldari, Gallente, and Minmatar. There is no set object to the game, think of it like World of Warcraft but in the future. You can do PvP, no raiding thought, you can get involved in government, become a miner, like i am to pay for better ships and the monthy cost of 14.99. You can be a Bounty Hunter, a pirate, its endless what you can do.

So first question most people ask, HOW DO I GET THE BAMF SHIP?? Well you have to train skills, and this is where you WILL spend over 95% of your time. You will either sit in a base training or go out and do something to make some Isk, which is the currency in game.

There are several, different ships you can get, the biggest and baddest is known as a Titan, these ships are HUGE, I mean its like nothing you have ever seen in your life.

The game is interconnected, all players play on one sever, one realm. This universe is so huge its amazing to say the least. The creator of Eve like to say they have "The Butterfly effect" but they expand on it and call it the "The sandbox effect." The example they gave was you are in a cruiser surfing through the galaxy and you see someone getting attacked you have a few options: Kill him and his attackers and take the loot, help him, or ignore the situation. Well the person helps and is asked to "fly" with the group which im pretty sure just means he joined their company, which is a guild. Because of one choice of helping someone you joined a company and entered a war between that company and another. So its expanding. Thats how they explained it.

Since alot of people like to be pirates and gank people there are some safety features involved in the game which is really neat. You have different sectors of space from 0.0 - 1.0. The higher the number the more likely you will be safe and be protected by the universe police, Concord. Concord comes into play around .5 space, 0.0 space is very dangerous, and all people do is sit at gates with 2 or 3 friends waiting for someone to come through and hit them with an anti warp field and kill them.

On the government side Im not even sure how to get involved in it but it looks interesting, but I am more of a bounty hunter person per say because I can make trillions of Isk killing/ capturing someone. Its very cool. Only problem is I will have to most likely take a fleet, which is a group in this game, of 3-5 people so i can have some protection.

While in a fleet if your fleet commander, party leader, has trained certain skills the whole fleet can gain buffs, more shields more cpu, more damage etc etc.

The monthly price is.. 14.99 a month which isn't bad if you dont mind that 95% of your time will be training skills but till you reach one million skill points you have double time which decreases training time by 50%. You can pay for the game in game by paying someone 560 million isk i do believe is the current price.

After you get your skills running and you find the path you want to take you can start running out into space and having some fun but you have to remember to stay within .05 space or you will get hurt and lose your ship and die if you dont have a clone set up.

Final thoughts I enjoy the game I just hate how i spend all my time mining ice for my brother when I rather be out killing stuff and working towards my battle cruiser, but oh well. Its still an awesome game.

4/5 - buy

Here is information on all the ships in the game:
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Item_Database:Ships