PDA

View Full Version : What shows did you watch growing up?

Project Blaze
05-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Ofcourse I'm talking about animated shows. :P But yea, what shows did you watch when you were growing up? Just curious. ^_^

For me it was Dragonball Z and Yu-Gi-Oh!(the original one). I used to run home from school to catch the episodes in time. lol I'm still pretty into those though. More DBZ/GT than YGO these days though. I think the fastest I got home was 15 minutes, and it took roughly 30 minutes if I was just walking. XD What can I say? I was a diehard fan! ^_^

So, what about you? :)

Jokersvirus
05-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Lets see,Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragonball GT. Pokemon, digimon, yu-gi-oh,.

thats all i can remember.

Kenoi
05-22-2010, 04:08 PM
hmm, some old ones like
power rangers - the original
digimon
dbz, but stopped at some point cause I thought the episodes were all the same, cliffhangers & stuff like that

there was more but they were... shows from Japan. - don't remember the names.

Muffincat
05-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Well how young we talkin'? :P

As a young child, I never watched TV; I just read ALLLLLL THE TIME/played my NES/froliced outside like a young pony child.

but in elementary school/junior high, I watched a ton of Sailor Moon, DBZ, Outlaw Star (<3!!!), Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, and Gundam Wing. I think there were some others, but I can't think of them... I'm sure they'll get mentioned in here :P

EDIT: RAINBOW BRITE!

Charlotte
05-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Dragon Ball, and kinda all old 'Cartoon Network' programs, and da Ultraman, lul

oh and some I didn't remembered

EpsilonX
05-22-2010, 05:36 PM
pokemon
digimon
hamtaro
yugioh
zoids

i think thats about it. so yea, mostly anime

HamadaLFC8
05-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Pokemon
Digimon
Yu-gi-oh
Dragonball (I stopped watching when it reached Dragonball Z)
One Piece
Prince of Bel Air
Mowgli
Hamtaro
Captain Tsubasa (football/soccer)

jango
05-22-2010, 05:45 PM
hmm ..

mr ben
rainbow
scooby doo
fraggle rock
the a-team
knightrider
airwolf
dogtanian and the muskerhounds
bagpuss

thedeparted
05-22-2010, 05:50 PM
old school looney toons mostly, I feel so sorry for todays growing up with things like Dora the Explore and Spongebob

LiNuX
05-22-2010, 05:52 PM
The Simpsons has always been there...still here. Also watched Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Pokemon, all the Dragon Ball stuff (including Z and GT), Catdog, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, The Wild Thornberries, and a few others...

Besides the Simpsons, haven't seen the rest in ages.

since jak mentioned loony toons, that brings back a lot of memories. Tom & Jerry, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, the Jetsons, Flintstones, Scooby-Doo...there are others but don't remember them.

Iceskater101
05-22-2010, 06:32 PM
K here is my long list

Cat Dog
Rugrats < amazing
Digimon
Pokemon
Woody the woodpecker
Scooby Doo
Powerpuff girls
Dextors Labratory
Tom and Jerry
Blues Clues lol
Fostors home for imaginary friends
Barney (when I was really little)
Dragon Tales
Arthur
Zaboomafoo
Seseme Street
The Simpsons

I think thats everything
but i think my favorite has to be Rugrats

Jokersvirus
05-22-2010, 07:02 PM
yu yu haraso. the spirit det. lol

Newkeh
05-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Disney Show not disney channel (once a day showing random old disney cartoons with mickey and such)
the simpsons
southpark on mtv
jumanji
cow and chicken (retarded xD)
Dextors Labratory
Tom and Jerry
scooby doo

and probably some more which I dont remember

Kink3bird
05-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Rocko man. It was all about the wallaby !

Metallica1983
09-11-2011, 12:11 AM
well lets see when I was real little I watched Barney and Thomas The Train, the I discovered Pokemon then some of the old nickelodian shows like Rockos Modern Life and Rugrats and then DBZ, DBZ, and DBZ yeah was and always will be a DBZ fan actually just got done watching a few eps of the Cell saga before I got on here that show will be hard wired in my mind until the day I die it is my favorite show of all time

paecmaker
09-11-2011, 12:59 AM
I watched mostly on nickelodeon, but also pokemon, some digimon and I loved Tom and jerry, donald duck and most things from disney.

I also know one program on nickeloadeon that I hated, Gingers diary. It raises horrible memories :p

NumberedEyes
09-11-2011, 04:11 AM
in primary school i used to watch a fair bit of anime of course i had no idea it was anime i didnt really think about it, reguardless i loved them.

Sailor moon , Tekkaman Blade , Samurai Pizza cats and astro boy are just examples.
Of course i didnt just watch the handful of anime that was being dubbed at the time i did enjoy other shows

Resuce Rangers, Gummie bears, tail spin, bobbies world, gargoyles, babar

there are so many just listining to the opening themes hits me in the face with the nostelga bat. Try listining to the opening songs of the shows you grew up with sometime its such an awesome thing to do.

Synge
09-11-2011, 05:31 AM
^ Gargoyles and Tale Spin were awesome

Adding to those:

The Angry Beavers
Doug
Zorro (the 50s series): Way before my time but I loved it.
Hey Arnold
Dragonball/DBZ: Through the Cell Saga. What I've seen of the Bu era was **** and I've heard GT is even worse.
Rocko
Tiny Toons

Also, I wasn't really a (young) child when it aired, but since we're talking mostly cartoons; Avatar: The Last Airbender is my favorite cartoon ever.. actually, it's one of the best shows I've ever seen, cartoon or not.

Fr0stByte
09-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Pokemon
Doug
Keanan and Kel
Tom & Jerry
the Pink Panther
Dexters Lab
2 Stupid Dogs
Ed, Edd and Eddy
Hey Arnold
Might Morphin Power Rangers

Th3-devils-princess
09-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Brum, dexters lab, pawerpuff girls, recess, pawer rangers, pokemon, hey Arnold, keanen and kel, Sabrina, Tom and jerry, saved by the bell, home improvement, ed, edd and eddy, pinkie and the brain, loony toons, the Simpsons, art attack, mighty mouse, care bears, banana in pyjamas, spongebob, the smurffs, Garfield, inspector gadget, goosebumps, gost busters, fun house, mr blobby, get your own back, the worst witch, funny bones :D

egg-whites333
09-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Brum, dexters lab, pawerpuff girls, recess, pawer rangers, pokemon, hey Arnold, keanen and kel, Sabrina, Tom and jerry, saved by the bell, home improvement, ed, edd and eddy, pinkie and the brain, loony toons, the Simpsons, art attack, mighty mouse, care bears, banana in pyjamas, spongebob, the smurffs, Garfield, inspector gadget, goosebumps, gost busters, fun house, mr blobby, get your own back, the worst witch, funny bones :D

the exact same :P well not much diffrent

R!nG
09-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Was a huge fan of yu yu hakusho.... and Dexters lab... and yea DBz...

Fr0stByte
09-12-2011, 12:35 PM

How could I forget Brum...

http://www.brum.tv/images/brum_front.gif

Th3-devils-princess
09-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Lol yay loved that show :p

MissLEGENDARY
09-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Power Rangers
Sailor Moon (which is still pretty awesome)
Fraggle Rock
and lots of others I'm sure..I just can't remember that far back.

mutilations
09-12-2011, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnZPM99JSM

lol. Memories. I watched a lot of Nick Jr. when it first started. David and the Gnomes.. etc..

Triton
10-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Wow memory time.

Batman & Robin
Gerry Anderson programmes such as:
Thunderbirds
Captain Scarlet
Joe 90
Stingray
Fireball XL5
Supercar

I enjoyed them so much I recently boughtthem on DVD!

norid
10-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Dexters Lab, Salior Moon, Ruruoni Kenshin, All The Dragon Ball's, and sooooo much more. I had a very Pro Cartoon Grandpa as a kid :)

Mizel
11-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh man, reading these posts is bringing me back in the day xD

*Aghhh! Real Monsters
*Rugrats
*TMNT
*X-Files
*Rocko’s Modern Life
*Star Trek
*Fraggle Rock
*Hey Arnold
*MacGuyver
*Doug
*Sailor Moon
*All That
*Power Rangers
*Home Improvement
*Baywatch (yea, I was weird kid… but I have a thing for Pam Anderson :P)
*The Simpsons
*Full House
*Beavis and Butthead (totally had to sneak watching this as a kid)
*Angry Beavers

CC4
02-28-2013, 03:00 PM
I watched Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Card Captor Sakura, Sailor Moon,Inuyasha, Best Wars, Digimon, Zoids,and Power Rangers. Probably more just don't remember the names.

~pronto:p~
05-02-2013, 09:03 PM
So many memories... Ultraman, Sailor Moon, Doraemon, Gundam ...