PDA

View Full Version : [RUMOR] Natal to be $149

thedeparted
05-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Natal will launch in the US this October with a price tag of $149.

That’s according to a trusted source, who told us that the motion sensing camera will also be bundled with the Xbox 360 Arcade console for $299.

We were informed that prices outside of the US would be determined based on a number of factors, including exchange rates. Based on current rates, the standalone unit would retail for £103 / €121, and the console and Natal bundle for £207 / €243.

The figure for the standalone unit is significantly higher than a previous sub-£50 estimate, but less than pricing recently suggested by European retailers. It’s also more expensive than Sony’s Natal rival Move, which will be available later this year with a game for less than $100.

Our source said that the device has been pencilled in for an October 26 worldwide launch, although we were advised that the date could yet shift by a few weeks either way.

We were also told Microsoft’s camera definitely won’t be called Natal and that its proper title will be revealed at E3 next month. It will also be heavily targeted at causal players and families.

“Microsoft expects to sell millions and millions of Natal units in its first year on the market so you can expect the software launch line-up to target non-traditional gamers,” our source said. “A major marketing campaign will also play a key role in attracting and educating the expanded audience about Xbox 360’s controller-free revolution.”

When contacted about this report, Microsoft told us that it "does not comment on rumour or speculation”.

That is simply too much and this thing is DOA. sells millions and millions of Natals...good luck with that MS

EpsilonX
05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
DOA? anyways, my interest just went down even further.

jango
05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
DOA?

he probably means 'dead on arrival' .. or at least i read that as what he meant

Jokersvirus
05-26-2010, 02:13 PM
149 bucks, i dont know who has that kind of money.

EpsilonX
05-26-2010, 05:00 PM
149 bucks, i dont know who has that kind of money.

well, its less than a console, and less than 3 games. if people saved up a bit they could afford it.

Jokersvirus
05-26-2010, 05:03 PM
its hard for college student to do that :P

Kenoi
05-26-2010, 05:41 PM
thats how much the ps2 was back then! haha. I think the gamecube too right?
anyways, thanks for sharing that. My friend will lose deep interest in this. he eagerly wants to be 'the controller'. haha.

Charlotte
05-26-2010, 08:51 PM
:O
that is lots of moneh seriously, you can buy another console with that amount of moneh. :P

Iceskater101
05-26-2010, 09:13 PM
149 isn't that much.
i thought it would be way way more expensive

Charlotte
05-26-2010, 09:29 PM
in our country that 149 kinda around 500! :L

Endgameko
05-31-2010, 05:06 AM
I was reading through the preorder book at gamestation, saw the release date, and theguy went yeah its definetly a three figure price for a piece of kit. I still want it, but can't microsoft give us a break. Gamestation was told, that the companies in uk, are arguing with microsoft over the price saying they will make no profit having to fit to microsofts high prices. For both buyer and retailer this is not fair.

thedeparted
05-31-2010, 03:33 PM
I was reading through the preorder book at gamestation, saw the release date, and theguy went yeah its definetly a three figure price for a piece of kit. I still want it, but can't microsoft give us a break. Gamestation was told, that the companies in uk, are arguing with microsoft over the price saying they will make no profit having to fit to microsofts high prices. For both buyer and retailer this is not fair.

With the price of their extras thus did you think they would?

DreamsideDominion
06-16-2010, 12:32 AM
not worth it to me. I think it will get old real fast. Not to sound lazy or anything but when I play games i like to just sit back and chill, not be all jumping around and stuff.