PDA

View Full Version : Obama to slip Memorial Day

Jokersvirus
05-26-2010, 11:07 PM
This is beyond disrespectful... How can you the commander in chief order people to go fight for this country yet not have the GUTS to face them and honor them for all they have done...

This is unforgiveable

heres the article.

Obama to Skip Memorial Day Ceremony; Vacations to Crook County (http://habledash.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=695:obama-to-skip-memorial-day-ceremony-vacations-to-crook-county&catid=47:newsflash&Itemid=65)

Kink3bird
05-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Judging from the comments made about the article I'd take this as just a joke... Do I agree with what he did? No. But...

he'll be jetting to Hyde Park- home of the terrorist Bill Ayers and anti-Semites Rev. Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson to name a few -

I think you should look for a better news source.

Jokersvirus
05-27-2010, 12:10 AM
To lazy, news is news is news.

Doesnt matter what side its on that tells it and what spin they put on it.

its not really a joke for the simple fact that my professor put this on his facebook page, ya my old law enforcement professor has a FB page, and if he says its true, its true. He is the most honorable man i know

Kink3bird
05-27-2010, 01:31 AM
Doesnt matter what side its on that tells it and what spin they put on it.

Oh dear...

Jokersvirus
05-27-2010, 02:01 AM
The news is always one sided, So they report something it will always be seen in one light or another. So like i said they report whats happening and throw there own twist let them.

Perfect exmaple my local news here had a major assault on a 15 year old boy, they just released a story last night or two nights ago showing how one officer since he was hired in 2002 has been suspended time and time again but yet there are 4 officers involved yet they only talk about how one was the bad guy yet dont talk abotu the others. That is one sided news, so whats the difference between that and this?

Kink3bird
05-27-2010, 02:08 AM
That is actually very untrue. The worst news has a side, yes, but the best news sources are the most unbiased ones.

If news becomes too personnel it becomes propaganda...

Edit: I really don't understand the point of your example. I'm talking about news like Fox, which is world renowned for being sympathetic for Republicans and thus has allowed itself to be seen as a joke.

Jokersvirus
05-27-2010, 02:10 AM
All news picks a side, its the side that will get them the best ratings

My example proves that they are trying to put a spin on it to get them better ratings by not reporting everything which picks a side.

if they report all the facts who cares if they are sympathetic republicans or demos.

I dont cause im not political, all i ask for is news.

EpsilonX
05-27-2010, 10:18 AM
And the news that tries to get ratings and publicity by twisting the news around a bit isn't good news.

news that tells it like it is is good news.

but the fact that the article says "liberals would be stupid to use this as an argument, but liberals are stupid" makes the whole article seem like a joke. I think what joker's trying to say is that if you ignore the bias it's still saying Obama isn't going to the memorial day services to honor the troops in a time of war.

Jokersvirus
05-27-2010, 02:37 PM
well put esp :P

Kink3bird
05-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Absolutely. I just wanted to make sure we agree that the only useful part of the article was it's title.