PDA

View Full Version : Hard copies or Digital?

Endgameko
06-06-2010, 12:43 AM
So when you buy a game, do you rely on Hard copies or digital ones? And why?

I always buy hard copies. My reason because I collect and I like to be able to look at them, even as if the were trophies or art work. I play games online, and flash games but nothing would make me want to download a game that I could buy on disc. The only game I ever paid to download was Exmortis 3, and thats because the others were free and they were rocking awesome, plus its a strict digital download.

thedeparted
06-06-2010, 01:34 AM
Hard Copy for sure. I just feel a sense of more ownership of the title. I can easily take it too other machines or loan it out.

Subb
06-06-2010, 02:22 AM
a prefer had copy i just like to be able to see my lovely stack of green cases

Royale_Alles74
06-06-2010, 02:46 AM
Hard copy all the way! It's a hell of a lot more convenient than digital.

HamadaLFC8
06-06-2010, 04:13 AM
Always hard copy, even for movies

KittyCat72
06-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I prefer hard copies, but now that my Wii doesn't play game discs I buy the points cards more often to download digital games.

LiNuX
06-06-2010, 10:23 AM
I guess I'm the oddball. I like digital downloads. Easy to download anywhere, anytime, etc..(mostly talking about PC stuff, haven't bought a game for a console in at least a year).

But this doesn't mean I don't have hard copies. I have hard copies of both L4D games, battlefield, etc...I just prefer digital downloads.

novasheep
06-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I like both. I am weird like that.

Endgameko
06-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I see a good vibe of hard copies, though I see the convienience of digital. Especially for PC games. I was once a big pc gamer, but now I am back to consoles I buy them one after the other, I prefer games with cases etc, but I do buy catridges without if needed.
I need bringing into the digital age, when I get my psn cad maybe that will work out for me ;)

LemonRising
06-06-2010, 11:54 AM
You know, more and more I'm liking digital.
I mean having the hard copy is always great, but im liking the ease you get with digital copies.

RaiDae
06-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I prefer having a solid copy. Means I can get all excited and rip open the box and paw through the manual in my "just-bought-a-new-game excitement". I suppose a digital copy would be better for some things. But, there's no proof, no evidence that you own the game, except for a losss of money.

GrandMoff
06-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Hard Copy for sure. I just feel a sense of more ownership of the title. I can easily take it too other machines or loan it out.

Ditto on that!

Charlotte
06-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Well for game it's hard copy.
But for music it's way better for digital. Cause it's easy to download and free. :P

LiNuX
06-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Well for game it's hard copy.
But for music it's way better for digital. Cause it's easy to download and free. :P

You know if law enforcement contact me to give them your info, I have to?

Charlotte
06-06-2010, 11:13 PM

Please don't haha :laugh:

Subb
06-06-2010, 11:17 PM
he has no choice.

Endgameko
06-08-2010, 02:23 AM
he is the law... *in judge dredd voice* LAWWWWWWW

thedeparted
06-08-2010, 02:29 AM
he is the law... *in judge dredd voice* LAWWWWWWW

haha. i don't care what anyone says I enjoyed the hell out of that movie

EpsilonX
06-08-2010, 01:35 PM
I prefer to actually own the game. I feel the same way about music too, i'd rather have an actual cd than just a bunch of songs on my computer

Shixx
06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Digital All the Way.
I have a **** ton of Digital Games I can Share with friends,
Download on multiple Computers/Consoles.

it's just more Convenient for me.

Jokersvirus
06-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Actually it would be the FBI contacting you >.>

Dont screw with them, my advisor for homeland security was FBI for 30 years he is old but he will put you in your place.

LiNuX
06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Actually it would be the FBI contacting you >.>

Dont screw with them, my advisor for homeland security was FBI for 30 years he is old but he will put you in your place.

I know who would contact me, but in general, it's law enforcement. And anyway...back on topic!

I'm planning on getting BF BC2 and most definitely, it'll be a digital download.

Kenoi
06-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I prefer hard copies cause ... why remove the joy of putting a disc in the console. why? haha.

Muffincat
06-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I like digital... especially because I am moving across the country.... and going to have to get all my games there somehow -.- Shipping is going to be expensive @_@

It's also really convenient to just turn on my PS3 and pick a game instead of going and looking for the disc. And I occasionally end up stepping on my video game cases because I am a forgetful klutz >_> Never ruin the actual disc, but I have broken a few cases *cough*

I guess the only downside would be some sort of massive technology fail where all the games were lost, or something. But otherwise, it's SO much more convenient.

Endgameko
06-09-2010, 01:23 AM
you see that is a major downside for digital, the risk of loosing everything. I like the idea, that cus I brought hard copies they are always there. I keep mine very well organized lol, its impossible for me to misplace a game.

Jokersvirus
06-09-2010, 05:11 AM
Digital is better I guess

digital copy it could have a corrupted file or two or just have a nice little trojan and destroy your computer but there is still the chance to fix it. Yet the game is stored somewhere you will always know where it is and if you lose you can you search for it.

hard copy well if the disk has one corrupted file you have to buy a new one, if lost have to buy a new one. Etc etc

Be nice if we could download the games onto xboxs and play them without having the disk be in the system as well.

LiNuX
06-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Be nice if we could download the games onto xboxs and play them without having the disk be in the system as well.

You'll probably be able to do that in one of the future generations.

Endgameko
06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
You'll probably be able to do that in one of the future generations.

....with microsoft you'll be waiting a god while for that

Jokersvirus
06-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Gameko is right..
You can download the entire game onto your harddrive on the 360, so everything is there yet you still need to the disk to play, kinda kills the purpose of allowing me to put the game on the hard drive

right meaning we would have to wait for a long time >.>

DirtyDMan
07-05-2010, 08:40 PM
I wish I saw this earlier... I like disc.....

gamer22
07-06-2010, 05:58 PM
ditigal every time