PDA

View Full Version : Boy believed to have stabbed his brother over a videogame

FattaT
08-02-2007, 11:49 PM
In another tale of gamer gone crazy, a 13 year old boy stabbed his older brother over what is believed to be a video game dispute. According to the report, their rules were if you lost the game, you lose the controller. The older brother decided he didn't want to give it up, so the 13 year old stabbed him twice in the chest with a steak knife.

The older brother was pronounced dead in the emergency room, with the damage to his heart and lung too severe. The younger brother will be charged as an adult for first-degree murder.
Rest of the story here. (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/17/boy-believed-to-have-stabbed-his-brother-over-a-videogame/)

I found this quite sad :-(
How could u stab someone? Especially your brother... I have had plenty of fights with my brother, but would have never thought of stabbing / killing him.

lonewolfxix
08-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Wow, that's... Stupidly insane.. I hate my brother most of the time because he has his this negative attitude at all attempts of improving our lives and I have thought of killing him but I doubt I'd ever go through with it.. I don't believe video games are a big problem to do with violence but a video game dispute like that is stupid..

LiNuX
08-03-2007, 10:02 AM
i tried reading this last nite when my internet just stopped responding, but thats just stupid, stab family for a stupid video game, i dont think this is the first time either, happens often, video game related violence

how the kid's life is screwed forever

lonewolfxix
08-03-2007, 08:12 PM
I believe that most cases of murder etc. that they link to video games can be linked to another reason, this is a case I will agree that it is linked to video games and general sibling rivalry, I would never relate violence directly to video games, to say something like that especially when you're a gamer is a bit stupid, yes, Grand Theft Auto has increase violence, but that's not the only reason, games are giving kids more ideas but they're not the direct and only cause, there's tons of things including things that happen within their only family and friend circles.