PDA

View Full Version : Moving Gamers-Forum.com

LiNuX
08-03-2007, 01:55 PM
I have to move the Gamers-Forum.com domain out of Yahoo! Domains because they will charge me $10 if i keep i for another year compared to other sites. Now I need help decided where to go.

GoDaddy -- I can transfer for $6.95 for a whole year but no whoisguard. Whois guard costs $6 here i think

NameCheap -- I can transfer here for $8 and I will get a free whoisguard of a value of $3.

Moniker: $10 (out of the question but its an option)

Vote on this and tell me your thoughts, I have to move it in the next few days before Yahoo charges me for it.

Thanks!

KittyCat72
08-03-2007, 03:45 PM
I guess NameCheap would be the best to go with because it's the cheapest.... unless there's some kind of downside your not telling us.:eek1::laugh:

lonewolfxix
08-03-2007, 08:23 PM
NameCheap seems pretty good and WhoIsGuard is useful, didn't know they charged $6 extra for whois guard..

LiNuX
08-03-2007, 08:31 PM
I guess NameCheap would be the best to go with because it's the cheapest.... unless there's some kind of downside your not telling us.:eek1::laugh:

lol have u read? godaddy is cheaper but it doesnt have some free features like the whoisguard

NameCheap seems pretty good and WhoIsGuard is useful, didn't know they charged $6 extra for whois guard..

its only $6 in godaddy - different registrars charge different, namecheap charges just $3 for an extra one.

i voted namecheap myself lol - lets see if others can out vote that

lonewolfxix
08-03-2007, 08:37 PM
$12.95 to register at GoDaddy with the Whois Guard while it's $8 to register with free whois guard from NameCheap, pretty much certain NameCheap is the better deal.

LiNuX
08-03-2007, 09:40 PM
$12.95 to register at GoDaddy with the Whois Guard while it's $8 to register with free whois guard from NameCheap, pretty much certain NameCheap is the better deal.

thats why im favoring namecheap lol

but im kinda low on cash for domains so i thought i'd even try to save that $1 by not getting a whoisguard and staying with godaddy - but now there is like a 75% chance i'll go with namecheap

i'll still think for a few days lol, maybe if i can get some more money from marketing online i'll do namecheap

FattaT
08-05-2007, 02:22 AM
I voted name cheap.
The deal seem alright.

LiNuX
08-05-2007, 05:21 PM
well 1&1 has it for $5.99 with a free whois guard lol, beats namecheap by $2 - oh and godaddy, whoisguard is $7 a year lol, more than the domain itself, which is retarded, it used to be $9 lol, so its $14 altogether :( godaddy is out

im thinking of 1&1 now, its a very big company and gives out ton of stuff with it. i'll get some more info and put it here.

lonewolfxix
08-05-2007, 05:28 PM
My brother joined 1&1 and so far has 2 maybe 3 domains from them and they were all pretty much trouble free. They're a pretty good host, especially for those not bothered with how powerful their server is :radar: wow, I've just always wanted to use that smiley I have no idea why.I think He's paying them about $40/year right now.. or was it $60.. He forgot all about his websites :twitcy: He's not making any money from them, either.:laugh:

LiNuX
08-05-2007, 05:34 PM
lol, i always wanted to use 1&1 but never really rememberd to go there lol, always either moniker, godaddy, or namecheap - i just remembered about 1&1 today at work lol

network solutions is also a good company but they are expensive as hell, $32/yr for a .com registration or something haha, but still so many people go with them cuz of their reliability, i'd never do that tho

wifi
08-09-2007, 05:57 PM
i chose namecheap and did you transfer it yet?

LiNuX
08-09-2007, 09:15 PM
i chose namecheap and did you transfer it yet?

im having some problems with yahoo getting the auth code, should be cleared out in a day or two, i spent the last 6 days on this, and its very frustrating, i will move it to namecheap :D

Meow
08-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Namecheap just looks like the better pick.

lonewolfxix
08-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Tomorrow or Sunday is the time you get billed for the renewal, right?

LiNuX
08-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Tomorrow or Sunday is the time you get billed for the renewal, right?

its sunday, but i checked my yahoo wallet account and renewal is disabled, i cant enable it and i cant get auth code

yahoo domain's senior company Melbourne IT (from australia) supposedly sent me the auth code via email, but they sent it to my inactive email, really retarded and it made me mad today lol, i contacted both yahoo and melbourne for this trying to fix it soon.

LiNuX
08-24-2007, 02:43 PM
omg guys, its finally transferred, 4 days before expiration lol, what a headache for me :D now i have another year on it now, thank god im out of yahoo and melbourne

diablo
09-04-2007, 07:04 PM
i voted namecheap before reading anything, looks like i made the right choice :D one person voted godaddy, so when does it expire now?

xeysz
09-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Yahoo isn't reliable though?

If not Yahoo just go with NameCheap I guess.

Because the last time I checked $11.99 was a good deal idk where I was lol.:eek1:

Blackbird
09-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Why choose buy domain at google? Yeah you should choose NameCheap :) So I vote for them :)

LiNuX
09-13-2007, 03:20 AM
Yahoo isn't reliable though?

If not Yahoo just go with NameCheap I guess.

Because the last time I checked $11.99 was a good deal idk where I was lol.:eek1:

Why choose buy domain at google? Yeah you should choose NameCheap :) So I vote for them :)

already moved to namecheap more than 20 days ago lol :D

XiMMiX
09-13-2007, 09:50 AM
name cheap...
delete this i didnt see what was going on... Just read the firs page

LiNuX
09-13-2007, 10:28 AM
no need to delete since its not spam and at least you realized :-)

just so everyone knows - yahoo sent me an email later telling me to evaluate their "excellent" customer service - i gave them the crappiest response you can give just so i feel better :D