PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV Delayed

LiNuX
08-04-2007, 08:04 PM
The long awaited game Grand Theft Auto IV was due to come out in 2007. But due to "lack of time" for the company, they can't launch it until sometime in 2008.

It was scheduled to come out in North America on October 16, 2007, Now it is scheduled to come out sometime in early to mid 2008.

Grand Theft Auto Fans are crushed everywhere.

Rockstar says its not just their timing but they are having financial issues on making the game the way they want.

I personally don't care but I've seen many people write about how disappointed they are.

Any thoughts on this?

FattaT
08-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm a little disappointed....
But then again, i probably wont have time to play it this year, so I guess it doesn't really affect me.

lonewolfxix
08-05-2007, 09:41 AM
More development time needed for Rockstar?s classic

In a financial statement adjusting forecast profits, Take Two have announced that GTA IV will slip to 2008... which is part of the reason for the reduced profits.

Fans can expect to see GTA IV on the PS3 and Xbox 360 sometime in the second quarter of 2008.

Another title moving its launch dates is Manhunt 2 for the PS2, PSP and Wii.

Strauss Zelnick, Chairman of Take-Two, stated, "With Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar is setting a new standard for next generation video games. Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms. We all recognize that perfecting the game is vital and I can assure everyone it will be worth the wait. We owe it to the game's millions of fans, to our dedicated development team, and to our shareholders to make sure that Grand Theft Auto IV is a groundbreaking gaming experience that takes maximum advantage of next generation technology."

Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games, added, "The new consoles are allowing us to create the Grand Theft Auto game we always dreamed about. Every aspect of the game and its design has been completely transformed. The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game's fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience."

Scott
08-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh that sucks. But I can wait. Because there is too many good looking games getting released this year on the 360 anyway.

LiNuX
08-05-2007, 05:51 PM
this is a duplicate thread of this: http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=1502 lol i beat u to it a while ago

and GTA isnt a shooting game lol, its genre is action :-)

should i merge this thread into that one? I'll do it with thread starter's permission, you can do it too if u want lol

lonewolfxix
08-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Meh, just delete it, I forgot about the action, generally the only thing I do in GTA is shoot things anyway.

LiNuX
08-05-2007, 06:36 PM
threads just merged :D puts more content in since you've put up a more thorough review

thanks!

Joshuah
08-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Well I love GTA Games but this one looks like Vice City to bright ect... I liked the one with C.J in!!!

lonewolfxix
08-06-2007, 09:00 AM
I find that the best one was probably 2 or 3, 2 was dead funny and marked the last GTA from the god view, 3 marked the trilogy spanning 3 generations where 3 men were joined by their connections with gangs, Vice City was great as they brought bikes back and it offered great radio stations, San Andreas got more kids thinking they were "gangsta" than any other game and infected our population with more of these scum who roam the streets with nothing to do but smoke, drink and cause mindless violence.

LiNuX
08-06-2007, 11:40 AM
lol, vice city was my fav, then the third one, havent played san andreas enough, and the "stories" versions that came out after that, havent gotten to play

Scott
08-06-2007, 02:11 PM
I thought the PSP Versions were overrated. They got so boring so easly because all the missions were pretty much the same. And Vice might have had helicopters but it was slower and the graphics werent as good as Liberty

LiNuX
08-06-2007, 02:20 PM
it wasnt and it had choppers and air planes lol and that military helicopter, i forgot name, think it was hawk something - it was awesome, unlimited missles lol, go on a super rampage :D

Scott
08-06-2007, 02:25 PM
(Besides GTA San Andreas) I have never finished a GTA. I just like to go mad in a tank with all the cheats on

LiNuX
08-06-2007, 02:28 PM
wow u actually finished san andreas? i havent finished any, i always miss those packages or some jumps and missions get repetetive so i give up lol, most i've gotten was maybe 95% if i remember correctly on vice city

Scott
08-06-2007, 02:32 PM
wow u actually finished san andreas? i havent finished any, i always miss those packages or some jumps and missions get repetetive so i give up lol, most i've gotten was maybe 95% if i remember correctly on vice city

Oh I am not including the packages. I couldn't be bothered with them.
And I couldn't even play GTA on the PS1 when I was younger the graphics were just so bad. I preferred Driver 2.

LiNuX
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM
oh, i finished ALL the missions on vice city, just some of the packages were impossible to find, i even went online and got the list of where they were, but they werent there wtf lol

Scott
08-06-2007, 03:09 PM
oh, i finished ALL the missions on vice city, just some of the packages were impossible to find, i even went online and got the list of where they were, but they werent there wtf lol

Yeah I noticed that with GTA 3. It would say it was behind a building when really it was on top of it lol

I never played much of GTA Vice City. I only borrowed it from a friend because I was only planning on using it for going insane. But I actually liked it.

lonewolfxix
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
the PSP ones were just for when you're bored and wanted to play the older GTA's again, they also looked crap when put on PS2 due to the low res of the PSP.