PDA

View Full Version : Thor the movie

Iceskater101
06-10-2010, 07:24 PM
There making a Thor movie
I just saw the entertainment tonight

ETonline: Articles Tagged With Thor (http://www.etonline.com/index.html?tag=thor)

Natalie Portman, Kenneth Branagh and Chris Hemsworth are some of the stars
I wonder if this movie will be good

Jokersvirus
06-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Yah it comes out soon, Ive seen it all over some websites and they hinted at it in ironman 2

thedeparted
06-10-2010, 07:38 PM
I've seen some things on it. I was going to link to a thread where it showed the motorcycle in epic goodness but apparently 1 of 2 things have occurred 1) search failed me 2) ive gone mental

EpsilonX
06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
natalie portman? i hope it's rated R :]

Kenoi
06-10-2010, 07:56 PM
what?! really? man... I dont know, do y'all think this dude is a hero? I mean c'mon now, he's a 'god' as mentioned in the comics.

Jokersvirus
06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
he is an avernger

Kenoi
06-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Yah it comes out soon, Ive seen it all over some websites and they hinted at it in ironman 2

also that small reference to captain america. they'll be making a movie for him too right?

Muffincat
06-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Natalie Portman! She is lovely.

I hope it's not completely awful.

EpsilonX
06-10-2010, 09:50 PM
also that small reference to captain america. they'll be making a movie for him too right?

i think they're making a captain america movie, and then an avengers movie, or something. maybe the captain america movie and the avengers movie are the same thing? idk this one dude explained it all to me one time

Iceskater101
06-10-2010, 10:24 PM
they are making a captain america movie with the guy who played the human torch in fantastic four.
and I love Natalie Portman too so I am excited for this movie
it comes out May 6th of next year I think

ZXDarknessfalls
05-05-2011, 01:17 PM
With this movie just around the corner how many of you think you will actually see it?

I for one am going to cause my group of friends are a riot when we see movies together so even if the movie blows we will still have a good time.

paecmaker
05-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I hope it will be good. I rather not see them disgrace Tor.:p

ZXDarknessfalls
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I hope it will be good. I rather not see them disgrace Tor.:p

Lol, you mean like misspelling his name?

paecmaker
05-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Lol, you mean like misspelling his name?

Accually both spellings are right.:p Thor is the english version of the name while Tor is the scandinavian(I dont know if it is the original but I think so)

ZXDarknessfalls
05-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Accually both spellings are right.:p Thor is the english version of the name while Tor is the scandinavian(I dont know if it is the original but I think so)

And the movie that is coming out is Thor : D

paecmaker
05-06-2011, 01:00 AM
And the movie that is coming out is Thor : D

......Details.......-_-

Jokersvirus
05-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Cant wait to see this movie today. I have high hopes for Thor.

Interesting enough alot of epic movies are coming out this summer, should be a great 3 months :)

Ilyich Valken
05-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Definitely going to see it. Either tonight or tomorrow (free comic book day, by the way.) I'm not to worried about it. Chris Hemsworth is a pretty good actor, and isn't a big-name actor, so I think he's going to do well.

On the other hand, I am sort of worried/careful of Captain America, because it is Chris Evans. He's pretty big, and they already have him playing Johnny Storm in the Fantastic Four... meaning if they ever want to do a cross-over (something like the Civil War) they'll have to re-cast the FF.

SiC TwiSteD
05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Thor was actually pretty good, i thought so, but then again i love norse mythology and i love superhero movies, now i just have to wait for The Green Lantern, Captain America, and the Avengers to come out:)

Kenoi
05-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I saw the movie 2 days after the release, and I thought it was funny when this one certain scene (tries not to spoil) made the ladies in the theater go, "ow ow", "hello!", & "oooh yummy" all sexy like in their voices. kinda like cat-calls? I was snickering. hahaha

SiC TwiSteD
05-12-2011, 08:27 PM
didnt you think the main girl in the movie had a huge crush on Thor the whole time, kinda ruined the movie imo

Lmarc
05-19-2011, 05:59 PM
What's an immortal warrior-blonde without a love-struck heartthrob? Besides, she's always after a man in power. V, Anakin Skywalker, etc.

Jayhmmz
05-19-2011, 09:01 PM
I seen the movie last week, and I think my friends are being far too critical of it, because they don't understand Thor. They thought that the plot sucked, and that there wasn't enough epic action within the story, like in Iron Man... so I swiftly replied with something along the lines of this:

*flashback*

I'm an avid reader of comic books, and Thor falls into the list of my favourites. There is a lot to explain with Thor, seeing as he isn't from Earth, so there had to be some sort of a pre-story, explaining how he got to earth and created a great big dirty crater, and why. There's a lot more to it than him just falling out of the sky randomly, as Thor's family needed to be explained, as well as Asgard itself; his situation needed to be explained, and so too did the events leading up to his banishment... So it's not as simple as Iron Man, who already lived on Earth and happened to be a technological genius who invented a special suit; much easier to explain compared to Thor, because the only thing that needs explaining before the **** kicks off in Iron Man is who is Dad was, and that's about it!

So considering that they had to explain complex matters before the limited **** started kicking off in Thor, I think they did a pretty damn good job in not ****ing it up, and managing to avoid making the film an absolute fail. I think that Thor was another excellent bridge to The Avengers, which will be released in 2012.

...and that was pretty much my reply to my friends.

SiC TwiSteD
05-20-2011, 02:01 PM
i loved the thor movie but my friend isaac was way to critical on it as well