PDA

View Full Version : (RUMOR) Wii Hi-Fi(aka 2) to be announced

thedeparted
06-11-2010, 01:16 PM
This Tuesday, June 15 at 9am (18h French time), at the Kodak Theatre that Nintendo will hold its conference ofE3 2010. While many games should be announced as the next Zelda or The Last Story (with the presence of Hironobu Sakaguchi), many eyes will be riveted on the obvious new laptop: Nintendo 3DS ...

But beware, according to our information from developers, the 3DS should not be the only machine unveiled by Nintendo. It is becoming increasingly clear that the manufacturer would conclude his lecture by unveiling its next home console, whose code name is current Wii HiFi ! We learn in the aftermath the next home console from Big N would be calibrated for a release in November 2011.

She would have a power similar to that of an Xbox 360
It should not be called "Wii 2", but Wii HiFi (in any case the code name leaked)
It would be very oriented online
One of the main features is the community
It would be released in November 2011

Take this with a grain of salt, the source is some blog. But if it does that's mega ton. next DS and home console for Nintendo in 1 E3

LiNuX
06-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Wii HiFi...sounds interesting, doubt I'll get it though. Haven't owned a nintendo console since the SNES and handheld since the GBC.

Kenoi
06-11-2010, 04:17 PM
people tired of just the regular wii? haha

thedeparted
06-11-2010, 04:47 PM
people tired of just the regular wii? haha

Nah Wii still sell #1 across the world . I think Nintendo just knows that MS/Sony will be launching theres relatively soon so they better get graphics closer to what they'll be having

Kenoi
06-11-2010, 06:20 PM
maybe this could mean another price drop this year or next year... not only wii but the 2 other new consoles as well? right? you think so? I do.

thedeparted
06-11-2010, 06:22 PM
well there's a new model ps3 that could be a cheaper model or just a bundle which could lead to price drop and theres still the 360 slim rumor which will likely come with a price drop if it true

KittyCat72
06-11-2010, 07:23 PM
The 3DS should be interesting. There goes Nintendo's creative names every time though. :-P I can't wait for some info on the new Zelda.

EpsilonX
06-11-2010, 11:03 PM
I really really hate that the wii only does 480p, it looks terrible. the lower graphics are fine by me, the controls are fine by me, i just hate the fact that it only does 480p. even if it went up to like 720p, or even 640, i'd be fine.

LemonRising
06-12-2010, 08:16 PM
So you mean itd be like a wii but with better graphics?

That would be an improvement. Also sounds like something they should have done in the first place lol

im interested to see its specs and ****

Diligence109
06-21-2010, 09:01 AM
I feel ya, eps, I've always felt the same way :(
Maybe this new wii will play dvds without you having to mod it, too XD

I'm kinda excited by the ideas that it would be very online and community oriented. . . we'll have to wait a see