PDA

View Full Version : Halloween II (remake)

DreamsideDominion
06-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Ok so I really hate new horror movies. Even worse I hate remakes of old horror movies. I am a huge horror buff and nothing pisses me off more than taking a classic and screwing it up. Now I did like house of 1000 corpses and devils rejects, but I didnt like halloween. (remake)

But I must say Halloween II (remake) was pretty good. He took the story and went someware eltse with it. Any body eltse like this movie?

Jokersvirus
06-18-2010, 01:16 AM
I enjoyed Rob Zombie's take on Halloween it gives you the back story we all wanted, he gave us a more humanized Micheal. He made the dr who followed Micheal more... greedy and more interested in himself than others, for a bit.

Micheal's sister was hot and i want her phone number

EpsilonX
06-18-2010, 10:54 AM
The remake was awesome...it's sequel was god awful. the movie pissed me off. I was so excited about it i bought it like the day it came to dvd even though it was a ripoff...what a horrible movie. the only good part was that party where they dress up as the rocky horror crew

i agree scout is hot :D

DreamsideDominion
06-18-2010, 11:48 AM
I thought the second remake was better than the first one. Either way there still not better than the original.

Jokersvirus
06-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Well you have to give massive credit to Zombie for coming up with a perfect back ground story for Micheal, I mean no one could do it better.

I just wish I knew what took him over and made him want to kill that part still escapes me.

EpsilonX
06-18-2010, 12:56 PM
I thought the second remake was better than the first one. Either way there still not better than the original.

1. it's not a remake, it's a sequel. Neither Halloween 2 movies have anything in common.
2. WHY!?!?

DreamsideDominion
06-20-2010, 12:40 AM
1. it's not a remake, it's a sequel. Neither Halloween 2 movies have anything in common.
2. WHY!?!?

They started off alike, but it turned out just to be a dream. Thats why I liked the movie, he did his own thing with it. If he would of tried to keep it in the hospital like the original I wouldnt have liked it as much. I would still consider it a remake tho.

EpsilonX
06-20-2010, 01:02 PM
but it's not a remake, the characters and plots are COMPLETELY different. It's not a remake in any way shape or form. The fact that it's in a hospital at first is just a homage to the 1981 sequel.

reasons why:

1. Halloween 2 starts off seconds after the original ends. RZ's sequel is a year later (or 2 years later if you have the directors cut)
2. Halloween 2 is about a girl in a hospital and everybody else in the hospital is dying. RZ's H2 is about a girl struggling with past memories and trying to make something of her life, as well as a doctor trying to make money off of a killer.

might as well say that Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning is a remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

DreamsideDominion
06-20-2010, 08:21 PM
but it's not a remake, the characters and plots are COMPLETELY different. It's not a remake in any way shape or form. The fact that it's in a hospital at first is just a homage to the 1981 sequel.

reasons why:

1. Halloween 2 starts off seconds after the original ends. RZ's sequel is a year later (or 2 years later if you have the directors cut)
2. Halloween 2 is about a girl in a hospital and everybody else in the hospital is dying. RZ's H2 is about a girl struggling with past memories and trying to make something of her life, as well as a doctor trying to make money off of a killer.

might as well say that Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning is a remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Never said they werent differant, But it still counts as a remake. What does remake mean? To remake something. Wich is what he did. Yes he took the story and did something eltes with it. But its going to change the fact that it is John Carpenters story.

EpsilonX
06-20-2010, 09:01 PM
he remade john carpenter's original halloween, and then took it in a different direction. but his sequel is NOT a remake of John Carpenter and Rick Rosenthal's sequel. You might as well say Halloween H20 is a remake of Halloween 2, because it re-does the story.