PDA

View Full Version : Most Played Console in June was ...

Scott
08-06-2007, 02:17 PM
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33093/118/

Nielson polled their TV group, 12000 households, to find what was the most played console in June and the results were

PS2 (42%)
Xbox (17%)
Xbox 360 (8%)
Gamecube (5.8%)
Wii (4%)
PS3 (1.5%)

Unsurprisingly the PS2 dominated. Don't know what the missing percentage comes from or how accurate the results are but thought it was worth posting.

LiNuX
08-06-2007, 02:23 PM
of course ps2 pwned it all, wii is just 4%? surprised on that, and ps3 is less than 2% not surprised at all, not too many people have that anyway

good post - +rep given

Scott
08-06-2007, 02:27 PM
of course ps2 pwned it all, wii is just 4%? surprised on that, and ps3 is less than 2% not surprised at all, not too many people have that anyway

good post - +rep given

Lol they aren't selling over here. I have been asked an uncountable ammont of times if I want to buy one (BTW I'm talking about the PS3).

I am suprised at how the Xbox is more played than the 360. I mean they have stopped making Xbox games?

lonewolfxix
08-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Not everyone can afford a new console but those results probably aren't inconcurrent. It was an unofficial poll by a website not everyone visits. Yes Xbox games have stopped being made but there's loads of games available pre-owned for small amounts of money and not everyone needs the latest and greatest (I'm still fine with my PS2 for console gaming, would like a 360, though.)

LiNuX
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
they should still be making a few games for the regular xbox, companies usually stop after a few yrs of release of the newer console before stopping production of games of the older versions

lonewolfxix
08-06-2007, 03:16 PM
The thing is.. they can easily keep doing them for the Xbox.. It's just Microsoft won't let them. to keep making them for the Playstation 2 costs money, you have to modify the engine to run on a lower spec, the format it's saved onto the disc as to fit a normal DVD (effectively eliminating most of the story, or compress it which you'll have to pay $30million to Microsoft to do) but to make them for the Xbox, you just lower the graphics by modifying the engine, they use the same discs and the compression used on 360, so the games needn't be shortened in any way shape or form. then again as the graphics details are lowered so are space requirements.