PDA

View Full Version : CSS Updated - New Achievements

LiNuX
06-28-2010, 08:31 PM
For the past few weeks, Valve has decided to make CSS more interesting by adding achievements and improving the actual game itself. I tried it out for the first time and it's a little better to look at but for some reason, it kept lagging on my Win7 (just like cs 1.6 does) - the only two games I can't play without graphics lag. I did record a few rounds through Fraps and the sounds were messed up so I put up what I could that still looked "decent" -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mxtwr9FAbU

The second part of the video shows the new score board as well as a few other graphical improvements. Due to lag, I haven't been able to get any achievements or explore further.

Anyone else try it out?

updated video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCnOXlBrDg

Newkeh
06-29-2010, 03:49 AM
you know I have :D I have been waiting for this update for a long time
and it really disappoints me
physics should be improved but is obviously not because if you are standing on a moving object like a ship there is a big chance you will fall through specially if someone touches you so that is worse than before

I really wanted the update to be released because I read there was going to be killcam and obviously when I read that I think about call of duty killcam buUUuuut nooo they decided to just put the same killcam that there is in TF2 which helps NOTHING it just shows the person that killed you in third person and you can take a picture then show people how boring CSS looks because css is not made to look funny or exciting

what they forgot is this is not tf2 the skins are not funny there isnt gore unless you add a player made mod which also looks bad so thats no fun either

now max server tick is 66 and I cant imagine how that would help when css already has a huge reg problem in some servers

the new scoreboard looks bad this is not tf2

imo they shouldnt have released the update they should and put it on a CD and burned it

I like the achievements I got an achievement for killing 5 enemies in 15 secs I used a p90 then ak was pretty cool and rewarding :]
my first achievement I killed 2 people right after each other with awp noscope but it only gives you for noscoping 1 person

I think my comp actually runs it a tiny bit better than before I really think so

there is more bugs like yesterday 2 people turned invisble for me because their bodies got stuck somewhere for no reason at all
they havent fixed the floor bug in dust2 tunnel but this is not something everyone gets i am one of the unlucky people who gets it
and I get it everytime the map changes to dust2 I have to restart the game to fix it

atleast before the update I could play many rounds before the floor bugged
btw when I get the floor bug the floor in dust2 tunnel becomes invisble or transparent and if someone shoots it my game crashes so thats still like restarting the game

I just noticed you get worse fps than me but that might be because of fraps running

Charlotte
06-29-2010, 05:55 AM
hmm looks good but recently I played SuddenAttack, exactly same as CSS but it's free. I played it online and mannn, it's awesome like hell.

I wonder whether CSS is free?

LiNuX
06-29-2010, 09:59 AM
I just noticed you get worse fps than me but that might be because of fraps running

Partly because fraps was running. Other part was that neither CS games run well on windows 7 for me. I'm on WinXP right now, going to try the game out later and hopefully get some better gameplay.

I wonder whether CSS is free?

No it's not. It's $20 last I checked but they might have a sale for the 4th of July.

LiNuX
07-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Posted an updated video. Was able to get better game play with higher FPS this time. Game definitely feels better than it used to last I played it. Guess they improved the physics of the game a little more but not as well as I was hoping.