PDA

View Full Version : Brief Tekken DR Online Review

Scott
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection ONLINE is finally up on both the Japanese & Hong Kong PlayStation Stores! We got a couple hours of hands-on time with the upgrade and we are VERY pleased! US fans don?t fret! T5DR ONLINE will be coming out in North America mid August!

Hi everyone, MarkMan here? Just wanted to throw in my two cents on T5DR ONLINE. I downloaded the full 2,800 Yen version off the Japanese PS Store as soon as it went online, the first thing I did after I installed the 550 MB game was jump online.

The first thing I wanted to figure out was whether or not people outside of Japan could play against each other online. Fortunately, YES it is possible to play people all over the world with this version of T5DR ONLINE! I played a few matches against Japanese and Korean players then finally hooked up with some American players to test how the gameplay would fare.

I played a few matches with Tekken Zaibatsu?s very own MrWizard and we both came across a mutual agreement that T5DR ONLINE was definitely playable and as a matter of fact, the lag/latency was pretty good for a fighting game. Later in the evening I tested extensively with SD TEKKEN members Empty H4nd and Ace R., the result is a bit mixed. But overall one thing is for sure, the game is playable and the lag doesn?t make you want to slam your controller on the floor(as long as both you and your opponent have good connections).

The lag would vary from match to match but often times we would have matches that were close to perfect. I used a variety of characters & I was able to do land juggles that would require precise timing? that really surprised me.

Aside from the ONLINE portion of the game there is also an updated title screen, survival mode, and the always important practice mode! The practice mode is similar to that of Tekken 5 on PS2 and even has the command capture feature, defensive training, and hit analysis that we all know and love!

Should you wait until the US version comes out? It?s really up to you. You shouldn?t be asking me this because I am a Tekken freak and would have bought it the first day no matter what. The US version is slated for mid August which sets it up for around Thursday, August 16th. If you can wait that long, do so? if not find out how to get it from either the HK or JPN PS stores!

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/news/i...cle&newsid=456