PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5 Prologue: Famitsu Interview with Kazunori Yamauchi #1

Scott
08-06-2007, 03:26 PM
http://www.famitsu.com/interview/art...76199,0,0.html

Key points from the interview:

# The game that could be released on 10/24/2007 to coincide with the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. Being that this years Tokyo Motor Show will be "revolutionary" for Japanese automakers debuting their brand new sports cars.

# Various new online features will be announced and the game will be playable at the Leipzig show this month

# GT:HD Concept will be removed from the PSN network when Prolouge is released

# GT Prolouge will be Home compatible

# There will be a "My Page" screen selectable from the title. Having given the online race component a lot of thought, the "My Page" will store your friends list, even calender, ranking etc. The online component will try to build an online community like social networking sites like "My Space", "Mixi" (Japanese MySpace equivalent)

# While the game is called "Grand Turisimo Prologue" it will be less like an arcade mode but closer to a simplified version of "Grand Turismo Mode" in the other GT games; making money, buying cars, etc.

# It will be a Grand Turismo "World". In the final version they would like to have people be able to walk around a town and look at cars. They will creating each detail of the city as well as the car. Other then Tokyo they will have scenic views like natural environments as well.

# GT:Prologue will have 40 cars and 4 race tracks (8 different configurations). Including tracks not seen before.

# When asked about downloadable content, he responds "now right now, but likely later on". When asked if the "Grand Turismo Award" winners from the 2006 SEMA shown in Las Vegas will be available; tuned 1960 Corvette and HKS CT230R Yamauchi responds, "I think one of the them. "

# Cockpit view will be available. If you are using the steering wheel you can look around in the cockpit using the d-pad. For instance, it the Ferrari F430 you can appreciate the shine off the carbon fiber and the quality of the black leather seats. You can tell the quality difference in the leather of the Ferrari versus other cars.

# In Grand Turismo 5 you will be able to fully customize the interior.

# Depending on which car you drive your clothing will be different. Different helmet designs and other details that relate to the car manufacter.

LiNuX
08-06-2007, 04:51 PM
sounds intersting, im an OK GT fan, 40 cars seems a bit less but many other games have just a dozen or two

Gerrit
08-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Hmm yeah, i agree... 40 cars is little.. but its only the prologue.
Cant wait, i love Gran Tourismo...
There is no way im going to miss this..