PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

MyLifeIsRandom
07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Greetings to all from the one and only MyLifeIsRandom. A man of infamy on the Neoseeker forums, specifically involving Monster Hunter, I am no longer able to acccess Neoseeker. I am guessing that being a Canadian site, it conflicts with my ISP and remains off limits. So, it seems that this will be my new place to hang out in. I'm quite glad, as Neoseeker has very strict policies on signature and avatar size, often restricting my ability in some cases. I use the little underdog program, Gimp. I'm out of practice regarding signatures, but hopefully I'll be back in full swing soon and learn new techniques and other such things. I currently own all three current gen consoles, and am a fanboy of neither one of them.

LemonRising
07-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Welcome <:

Can't wait to see what you can do graphics wise : D
I'm sure you'll like it here, its a great place to chill and contribute.

MyLifeIsRandom
07-08-2010, 12:50 PM
What I produce will likely be horrific until I get back into the feel of things.

LemonRising
07-08-2010, 12:55 PM
haha thats alright.
I'm sure we've all seen worse things than rusty sig skills on here <:

MyLifeIsRandom
07-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Here's hoping that my membership is soon activated, and I'll be allowed to use my CP.

LemonRising
07-08-2010, 01:03 PM
24 hours and 10 posts then you're good to go budday <:

MyLifeIsRandom
07-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm guessing there was a troll nest somewhere? The ten posts is an easy feat. Waiting 24 hours to have a shiny profile is going to be the hard part...

LemonRising
07-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Spammers are a problem for many a forum ) :

lmfao the wait just makes it more exciting! : D
When that 24 hours is up you'll be all "OH MAN THIS IS GREAT I HAVE BEEN WAAAAIIIITTTTINGGGGG FOR THISSSSSSSSSS"

Muffincat
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Welcome! ;D

You seem very nice. :)

Do you have Monster Hunter Tri? A few of us on here do :3

And GIMP is awesome; I too look forward to seeing what you produce!

MyLifeIsRandom
07-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I do indeed have Monster Hunter Tri. I'm still HR32 if I remember correctly. I've tried to farm Rathian High Rank to make the gunner set, and currently I'm trying to build a Bowgun that will fire what I want it to. However, I just can't seem to find people with the same interest in quests I have or the same HR range, so I rarely play now.

Muffincat
07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
I stopped playing for a while, but I may be getting back into it depending on various things.

The user BobTD plays a lot, I know; I don't remember what HR he is but he's pretty high I think

He gets really mad that I never play anymore XD Maybe you guys can play sometime though! :)

MyLifeIsRandom
07-08-2010, 02:19 PM
It's a possibility. It will take great motivation on my part, though. I'm known for my procrastination. Also, I've only a small end table upon which to set a game console. I have to go through a tedious process of swapping them to play different consoles. Currently my PS3 is hooked up with Super Street Fighter IV inside. Maybe you play that as well?

EDIT: I also may have a genuine tire of the game. Despite it's awesomeness that surpasses pretty much everything, I'm a veteran. A five year veteran who has rarely gone a month without playing a Monster Hunter game of some sort. I've completed Monster Hunter for the PS2, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for the PSP, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the PSP, and have nearly finished offline in Monster Hunter Tri. I'd love to get up to Deviljho and Alatrion but, I just need some motivation.

Muffincat
07-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Oh god. That does sound tedious. I don't blame you.

I don't have Super Street Fighter IV, but I do have a PS3. What other games do you have?

MyLifeIsRandom
07-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, Assassin's Creed II, and Bioshock 2. Counting Super Street Fighter IV, those are my only PS3 games.

Muffincat
07-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Awwww I don't have any of those :(

But I'm sure other people do! ;D :P

LemonRising
07-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I HAVE NONE OF THOSE DDDDDD:<

is MK vs DC any good?

Diligence109
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
good sir randomlife, I have come to the conclusion that you are quite possibly the most wonderful person ever. I look forward to seeing you around the forum XD

MKvDC is fun :) I got a shot at it at a friends house - it plays easy and fair. There are lots of zoning attacks but that's balanced by lots of characters that can warp across the screen... and while you take a little damage for blocking attacks it seemed there were very few unblockables outside of grabs. It seemed to play really balanced and intuitively at a glance and didn't have too steep a learning curve - I didn't even feel too much like it deteriorated into button mashing.

But I mean, that was just at a glance ;)

I have MH3. I haven't ever played any of the others. It played like a f2p mmo except that it wasn't free ... and not massively multiplayer :( But that's just my first impression - I haven't really gotten far with it and lost interest...

RaiDae
07-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Good day to you Sir. I also have to go through the tedious task of crawling under the tv to switch the plugs around whenever I feel the need to change console. Or drag 'em downstairs. But heyho, that's life.
Anywhoo, I reccommend reading the rules n FAQ, and I highly reccommend getting your but onto irc for bants and all that jazz.

DirtyDMan
07-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Welcome to the forums

HamadaLFC8
07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Welcome to GF dude! :)

Charlotte
07-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Welcome to our community!