PDA

View Full Version : R.U.S.E. Free Weekend 7/15/10

LiNuX
07-13-2010, 06:44 PM
I know RUSE had another free weekend a few months ago and it's back. It's an RTS. I didn't get to try it out last time but I'm going to do my best to try it out this weekend. If anyone is interested, steam is allowing you to preload the game now. It'll be available for play starting Thursday until the end of Sunday I believe.

Subb
07-13-2010, 06:47 PM
yeah i dunno i played the beta and it was ****.

LiNuX
07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
I might still try it out. I know I enjoy games that most others find terrible and vice versa.

Subb
07-13-2010, 06:50 PM
i might give it one last chance to see if it could redeem itself. But man it took dili, muffin, jango, and dilis friend forever to get into a game and it just lagged like crazy the whole time. But im curious to see if it will run better this time around

LiNuX
07-13-2010, 06:54 PM
It just might. They had a lot of time to work on the game and they still have a few more months 'til release. The game might get much better.

Subb
07-13-2010, 07:12 PM
well perhaps we can join up and play

Muffincat
07-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Oh god... I don't think I will ever play this ever again

No way

It was so terrible :/

Subb
07-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh god... I don't think I will ever play this ever again

No way

It was so terrible :/

ur telling me, although id have to say u did pwn jango and he cried for ever about it

LemonRising
07-13-2010, 09:21 PM
hm.... I do love free weekends....

Subb
07-13-2010, 09:23 PM
hm.... I do love free weekends....

but u wont love this game. If u get it lemon i will be forced to get it to play with you.

LemonRising
07-13-2010, 09:26 PM
idk still deciding. it is free <: for the weekend at least

Charlotte
07-15-2010, 04:59 AM
What game is this?

Diligence109
07-15-2010, 09:48 AM
I almost wish I'd given this game more time to figure out... but I don't think I'd settle with buying it. I tried to beta with Subb, jango, muffin, and Bob - as was mentioned above - and it was the fasted playing RTS I've ever played (matches last about 5~15 minutes!) Development stages are as cut out as possible and the game launches right into combat and boils down into who can control more territory to get more resources.

There's a HUGE rock-paper-scissors mechanic where certain unit types ALWAYS DEMOLISH other types - so you just have to respond to what your opponent throws at you with the appropriate defense and test them with various offenses to see if you can catch them off guard with a particular unit type.

In the end, it's a simple jump-in-and-play-a-few-quick-matches-to-kill-the-time-here-and-there kind of game with an average to steep learning curve... but no steeper a learning curve than other RTSs - possibly even a little easier to pick up than most other RTSs.

That's the quick and dirty impression I got from a little gameplay. If someone wrestled me into it I'd play with them during the free weekend, sure.

Sickangel
10-02-2010, 05:08 PM
ive been lookin into this game..... has potential but i think im gonna pass on this one.... maybe if they make a second one.....